speeeeeeedie

Premier League Stuff

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I dont understand how anyone likes Jurgen Klopp. Absolute tosser.

You want to quantify that with some info, or is it just a statement of your opinion that stands alone? 

I like him cos he seems up for laugh, doesn't take himself too seriously, and is fiercely passionate about the game.

He's also gone and achieved success with the relative underdogs in leagues with Dortmund and Liverpool.  Not just walked into moneybags teams. 

"I'm the normal one." 

What's not to like.

Oh, he also has his teams playing an attractive brand of football. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Silas said:

You want to quantify that with some info, or is it just a statement of your opinion that stands alone? 

I like him cos he seems up for laugh, doesn't take himself too seriously, and is fiercely passionate about the game.

He's also gone and achieved success with the relative underdogs in leagues with Dortmund and Liverpool.  Not just walked into moneybags teams. 

"I'm the normal one." 

What's not to like.

Oh, he also has his teams playing an attractive brand of football. 

Just dont like him, cant really put my finger on why, who he manages doesnt help but his constant running down the touchline and harrassing the 4th official doesnt help either.

Hes done a very good job (not a legend until he wins trophies) and is a good manager but its just a personal opinion on his character.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Just dont like him, cant really put my finger on why, who he manages doesnt help but his constant running down the touchline and harrassing the 4th official doesnt help either.

Hes done a very good job (not a legend until he wins trophies) and is a good manager but its just a personal opinion on his character.

Fair enough. Each to their own. 

Tbh I don't buy this nice guy Pep image that people subscribe to.

I find him incredibly smug. He seems to love himself just a tad too much.

But I suppose there's a fine line between confidence and arrogance.  

P.s. I didn't get Klopps ranting at end of WH game other day. I only dipped in and out of the game, maybe saw half of it, but seemed to me that they had a fair rub of the green and maybe got away with a few. So no idea why he was hounding the ref at the end. 

36 minutes ago, Silas said:

Fair enough. Each to their own. 

Tbh I don't buy this nice guy Pep image that people subscribe to.

I find him incredibly smug. He seems to love himself just a tad too much.

But I suppose there's a fine line between confidence and arrogance.  

P.s. I didn't get Klopps ranting at end of WH game other day. I only dipped in and out of the game, maybe saw half of it, but seemed to me that they had a fair rub of the green and maybe got away with a few. So no idea why he was hounding the ref at the end. 

Neither did I! He should have been taking the ref out for a drink!

Their first goal was offside and the chance that Origi had at the end was offside as well. Neither were given....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Was saying to my mate yesterday that Fernandinho will be the hardest City player to replace when the time comes and that they should have a punt on Kante at the end of the season. Reckon he'd be keen after being played out of position all season as well....

Said exactly the same thing to my city fan mate a few week back

Fernandinho will turn out to be as important to City as Vieira was to Arsenal if he isn’t replaced properly.

• Like 1

Does anyone have any idea why there is an increased prevalance of footballers with double barrelled surnames?

Is it a societal trend? Or is it done individually to give them brand recognition?

I don't live in Britain any more so don't have the insight

Just now, speeeeeeedie said:

Does anyone have any idea why there is an increased prevalance of footballers with double barrelled surnames?

Is it a societal trend? Or is it done individually to give them brand recognition?

At a guess it's the feminist movement unwilling to surrender there surnames to" the man" so more kids have both names

2 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

At a guess it's the feminist movement unwilling to surrender there surnames to" the man" so more kids have both names

I’ve noticed a trend of some couples literally combining names. Eg: Hudson and Adcroft becomes Adson.

May make family trees awkward to trace in future!

The double-barrelled thing, I always thought was for posh people or people who want to be posh.

• Like 2

Klopp becomes a pretty nasty bully when things aren't going his way. You only have to look at how he's screamed in the fourth official's faces in the past to see proof of that. That said most managers at the top have those aggressive streaks in them - look at Ferguson - some just express it differently than others. I wouldn't say I dislike him but the fawning gets a bit much at times. Same with Poch. Win something first before being worshipped as some kind of managerial genius. 

I have a feeling City are going to end up winning it this season. I'm not sure Liverpool can handle the pressure. Their game in hand against Man Utd will be a pretty big indicator as to whether they're really up for a title challenge this year.

17 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Because father has buggered off

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Tom said:

Aaron Ramsey going to Juventus on £400k a week

Madness!

He'll probably get all of it too, once he's had a word with Ronny.

1 hour ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Burnley fans arrested for racial abuse; Classy Clarets

What are these people thinking? Dad and son too.

They aren’t.

Aimed at Bong who accused J-Rod last year.

”We don’t agree with this man accusing our ex-player of racism so let’s be racist towards him” 

Proper logic.

19 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Burnley fans arrested for racial abuse; Classy Clarets

What are these people thinking? Dad and son too.

Have we forgone innocent until proven guilty these days? Not sure what exactly it is they are supposed to have said or done but you'd hope in this day and age people had moved on from this nonsense - then again I sense a creeping but steady rise in violence again so maybe Brexit really is emboldening the thugs, bigots and racists.

As for the Bong thing, not racist at all, merely booing because he falsely accused a Burnley lad of racism. Are the Brighton fans being racist when they boo Rodriguez?

57 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Have we forgone innocent until proven guilty these days? Not sure what exactly it is they are supposed to have said or done but you'd hope in this day and age people had moved on from this nonsense - then again I sense a creeping but steady rise in violence again so maybe Brexit really is emboldening the thugs, bigots and racists.

As for the Bong thing, not racist at all, merely booing because he falsely accused a Burnley lad of racism. Are the Brighton fans being racist when they boo Rodriguez?

Arrested and charged for booing? Just two people? Doesn't sound plausible to me... Do you have a link/source for the full story?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Arrested and charged for booing? Just two people? Doesn't sound plausible to me... Do you have a link/source for the full story?

Sorry I'm not saying they were arrested for that - they could have been shouting racist stuff, I've honestly no idea. The reports just seem to say:-

"

Club stewards are said to have responded to reports of racist abuse in the away end at Amex Stadium.

Two supporters were identified by staff and ejected from the ground."

If they were being racist they deserve whatever they get but I do think we need to let the court process complete - I think all grounds have CCTV so I'm sure there will be solid independent evidence that can be reviewed by the courts.

My point was someone talking about the Bong situation and I wanted to point out that Brighton, their manager and fans keep trying to suggest booing a black player must be racist  - it isn't. We boo all sorts of players regularly that has nothing to do with race and neither does this one.

On 13/02/2019 at 13:12, longsiders1882 said:

Doesn’t exist mate. Courts can only do so much. Every case now is tried by media, and social media. They have different rules: guilty until you can prove yourself innocent - to the absolute satisfaction of those people who just don’t like the look of you anyway.

• Like 1

On 09/02/2019 at 18:21, OnePhilT said:

I thought that the moment he pulled of a save from Cairney on their patch a few years back. Why they signed Joe Hart on God-knows-what wages, I'll never know. What message did that send out to Pope, who performed superbly for them last season?

Anyway... Brighton need to score at least two to keep Burnlah in the bottom three. Come on you 'gulls.

Heaton was still injured, Pope got injured in that Europa qualifier thing, leaving us with only Lindegaard and Legzdins as fit keepers, neather had played for us in a league game. Would have been madness not to bring in a top keeper when available and not particually expensive.