speeeeeeedie

Premier League Stuff

18 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Over 3 hours of the superest of all Super Sundays and still to see a goal. 

Bag of Shite. 

Shades of 2007 - when everyone (ie - the media) supposedly wanted to see Chelsea and Man Ure in the FA Cup final - when really the vast majority were up for Watford and Rovers.

As I don't recall (as I think I fell asleep) the final ended up being one of the worst in history between the usual boring suspects.

Edited by Husky

1 hour ago, Husky said:

Shades of 2007 - when everyone (the vast majority were up for Watford and Rovers.

As I don't recall (as I think I fell asleep) the final ended up being one of the worst in history between the usual boring suspects.

Damn you Morten Gamst Pedersen. Damn you to hell 🤣

15 minutes ago, Rover_Shaun said:

Damn you Morten Gamst Pedersen. Damn you to hell 🤣

I'm still depressed about that. I was on holiday in Lanzarote at the time. Watched it in an ex-pats bar - including a couple of Chelsea fans.

It ruined my whole holiday (almost). 😭

Looks like Rodgers is walking out on Celtic mid-season to join Leicester. Surprised he isn't waiting until the summer and finishing the job by winning the league again but perhaps Leicester weren't prepared to wait.

Wouldn't trust that bloke as far as I could throw him.

Looks like Neil Lennon will be taking over at Celtic.

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Looks like Rodgers is walking out on Celtic mid-season to join Leicester. Surprised he isn't waiting until the summer and finishing the job by winning the league again but perhaps Leicester weren't prepared to wait.

Wouldn't trust that bloke as far as I could throw him.

Looks like Neil Lennon will be taking over at Celtic.

I agree about Rodgers the man. I remember when one of the TV companies did a documentary on Liverpool and it featured Rodgers at home. In his hall he had a massive portrait of him, no other family just him.

A walking, talking ego if ever I saw one.

I think my dislike of the man stems from his programme notes when Rovers went to Swansea when Kean was here, and Rodgers used a large chunk of those notes to slate Rovers fans for their treatment of Kean, portraying Kean as a great guy who wasn't being given a chance by nasty Rovers fans. We subsequently rolled over and went down to one of the most limp defeats I have ever seen.

Quick to stick his beak into business that doesn't concern him, but I see he's carried that on at Celtic where he's had too much to say about other clubs and managers.

Meanwhile as you say he's an egotist who is now leaving Celtic in the lurch mid-season to further his own interests. Slippery character.

Edited by JHRover

Rodgers to Leicester , it will end in tears !!!!

They would be far better employing Dyche ...

38 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Rodgers to Leicester , it will end in tears !!!!

They would be far better employing Dyche ...

He's not a big enough name for them these days - I'm surprised Rodgers is actually. 

Credit to Rogers to give up a cushy job at Celtic. Lennon is taking over for the rest of the season but I wonder who would be the full time manager. Perhaps OGS if Man It's go for another big name manager.

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

I think my dislike of the man stems from his programme notes when Rovers went to Swansea when Kean was here, and Rodgers used a large chunk of those notes to slate Rovers fans for their treatment of Kean, portraying Kean as a great guy who wasn't being given a chance by nasty Rovers fans. We subsequently rolled over and went down to one of the most limp defeats I have ever seen.

Quick to stick his beak into business that doesn't concern him, but I see he's carried that on at Celtic where he's had too much to say about other clubs and managers.

Meanwhile as you say he's an egotist who is now leaving Celtic in the lurch mid-season to further his own interests. Slippery character.

7 league titles in a row and currently 8 points clear. Quite the lurch alright :D 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

7 league titles in a row and currently 8 points clear. Quite the lurch alright :D 

Walking out of any club mid-season at short notice is leaving them in the lurch, particularly so when the club is fighting for 3 trophies and there's no obvious reason to go to Leicester now.

Just now, JHRover said:

Walking out of any club mid-season at short notice is leaving them in the lurch, particularly so when the club is fighting for 3 trophies and there's no obvious reason to go to Leicester now.

I'm only yanking your chain. 

I'm surprised he is going now and to Leicester, I can only assume they have promised him a lot of money to spend. 

Having said that, I mean how much bigger a club could he expect to get a move to? He would arguably have been a good appointment for Arsenal, but realistically I don't see any clubs bigger than Leicester going for him. Now if he was Brendinho Rodriguez it might be a different story. 

What an unambitious downward step from Rodgers. Can't see him lasting too long at Leicester, delusions of grandeur at that club after one fluke season and it also seems to me that with the likes of Vardy and Schmeichel there is too much player power in that dressing room.

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

I agree about Rodgers the man. I remember when one of the TV companies did a documentary on Liverpool and it featured Rodgers at home. In his hall he had a massive portrait of him, no other family just him.

A walking, talking ego if ever I saw one.

I didn't see that, but it sounds outrageously egotistical 

Im struggling to think of anything more cringey. David Sullivan has a few and his son has his initials in his bathroom.

Leicester have become a poisoned  chalice for managers.  I give him a year max. 

Can't abide him,  never could. Never knew about the portrait before but it figures.

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Im struggling to think of anything more cringey. David Sullivan has a few and his son has his initials in his bathroom.

Perhaps not quite as much but copying Sir Alex's envelope trick was very cringe worthy (from the same documentary).

Burnley are horrible to watch, but they did have some good chances. They aren't going down when the teams below them don't capitalise.

Tarkowski, who missed an absolute sitter in the first half, is a very lucky boy. Towards the end, he clearly fouled and floored a Newcastle player, and the replay showed that he attempted to stamp on the player straight after, but missed. He then got in the Newcastle player's face while he was on the ground. Not even a yellow.