speeeeeeedie

Premier League Stuff

On 05/05/2019 at 10:25, Mattyblue said:

It is, but Man Utd AND Liverpool are at another level of glory hunting support, but only one  club gets pelters for it.

This thread says it all. Doesn’t even come into their thinking that you could just support a local team...

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/new-man-united-supporters-last-6-years.447215/

On 02/05/2019 at 09:29, Bigdoggsteel said:

Interesting that Everton have scored the most goals 

Everton, one of the 12 founder members of the football league have only been out of the top flight for 4 seasons. Because of my age I remember them being in the old second division (just) in the early 1950s. Sunderland were ever presents in the top flight then.

Now there is only one club I have never seen out of the top flight......Arsenal.

It's so refreshing to see a team go to the etihad and actually play football. Really impressed with Leicester. Maddison and Bernardo silva are some players. Great first half from both.

Incredible strike, from Kompany of all people. Looked like it was heading for a 0-0!

Red and White Kop Forum is always hilarious after a City win.

Without fail the ref’s bent, the Premier League’s bent. Tonight was even better, Ineacho missed that chance on purpose because he’s ex-city.

Best bit is Sky are desperate for CITY to win the league! Total lack of self-awareness.

One more heave City!

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Looks like the Slave Masters will win again. Great shame.  

It’s like a choice between a UTI or Chlamydia.

Just now, Mike E said:

It’s like a choice between a UTI or Chlamydia.

Whats UTI, then maybe I can like your post 😉

OK Googled. 

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Wow just got home and saw the score, and the goal! 

Really thought tonight was when city would slip up, I just hope they can get a win on Sunday and see it through, Duffy is probably a Celtic and Liverpool fan so he’ll be up for it!

On paper Liverpool’s game is the easier of the two just for being at home but wolves can play a bit and Liverpool are as close as they have come in near 30 years so they could get Twitchy.

Wonder where the premier league trophy will start (and end) the day?

Edited by Tom

Just now, Tom said:

Really thought tonight was when city would slip up, I just hope they can get a win on Sunday and see it through, Duffy is probably a Celtic and Liverpool fan so he’ll be up for it!

On paper Liverpool’s game is the easier of the two just for being at home but wolves can play a bit and Liverpool are as close as they have come in near 30 years so they could get Twitchy.

City will stroll through Brighton. There will be a big build-up but for me the title is done now. Amazing seasons from both sides, I’m just glad it’s not Liverpool as I can’t stand that club or their fans especially. 

City have dropped just 3 points since the New Year. Absolutely ridiculous.

Just now, Butty said:

City will stroll through Brighton. There will be a big build-up but for me the title is done now. Amazing seasons from both sides, I’m just glad it’s not Liverpool as I can’t stand that club or their fans especially. 

Having watched Brighton against Arsenal I’m not convinced. They might just be the spoilers. City have been resolute at the back in recent weeks but have toiled at getting their goal. They only just edged Brighton in the FA Cup too. City have had by far the tougher run in, they need to not get carried away now until the job is done.

We could have a freak City defeat and Liverpool only draw for a similar final day as the 94/95 season finish. With the final table also similar to 1989/90 when Liverpool finished second to Arsenal on goals scored!

8 hours ago, Tom said:

Duffy is the main reason City will win !

Given a choice of an FA Cup draw of Brighton away or Wolves home....

Wolves dumped Liverpool out of the FA Cup so will be at least as difficult opponents at Anfield as Leicester were for City last night. If Formino and Salah are not recovered, a Liverpool win is only an evens bet. 

Dream scenario.

City get beat, Liverpool take an early lead. 91st wolves equalise and it's a mile offside, goal stands, 94th minute Liverpool get a penalty and Henderson blazes it over the bar (preferably because he slipped), players and fans slump into there seat like the world has just ended.

They can't hide behind city's brilliance and have to admit they blew it

Edited by Oldgregg86

9 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Dream scenario.

City get beat, Liverpool take an early lead. 91st wolves equalise and it's a mile offside, goal stands, 94th minute Liverpool get a penalty and Henderson blazes it over the bar (preferably because he slipped), players and fans slump into there seat like the world has just ended.

They can't hide behind city's brilliance and have to admit they blew it

That's some next level bitterness, I would prefer a similar situation to the time Utd were celebrating on the pitch only for a 98th minute city goal (ideally offiside and a handball that is missed while having 12 players on the pitch)

31 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

That's some next level bitterness, I would prefer a similar situation to the time Utd were celebrating on the pitch only for a 98th minute city goal (ideally offiside and a handball that is missed while having 12 players on the pitch)

I couldn’t give a toss who wins it

My money is still on Liverpool, they dealt a psychological  blow last night, city will know Liverpool won’t slip up and the pressure is on them to get a win 

Just now, Tom said:

My money is still on Liverpool, they dealt a psychological  blow last night, city will know Liverpool won’t slip up and the pressure is on them to get a win 

Yes but Brighton will already be on the beach celebrating survival. Wolves are certain of 7th but recent results and performances suggest they will be completely up for Anfield.

City's only problem is making sure they don't get that bus which broke down carrying Norwich on their triumphant tour..