speeeeeeedie

Premier League Stuff

Reed isn't travelling with the Southampton squad to Austria.

Feel for the lad if he has just been left out. Deserves a shot. We'll take him off their hands if they want to make a charitable donation to a lower league team.

Edited by CD_93

Just now, CD_93 said:

Reed isn't travelling with the Southampton squad to Austria.

Feel for the lad if he has just been left out. Deserves a shot. We'll take him off their hands if they want to make a charitable donation to a lower league team.

I expect another loan season awaits for him unless he pushes for a move. We have overstocked in his position now and he probably wouldn't want to come back anyway to play on the wing. 

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Leicester sign someone I've never heard of for £40 million.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48913144

Time was when we were on a higher plane to the lowly likes of Leicester.

Now we struggle to pay £4m. 

I find it's odd you've never heard of him but the last sentence drums home the cold hard truth 😥

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Have you forgotten that we invested £7 million in one for the future ?

No, but it was obviously a one-off. The piggy bank doesn't seem to stretch beyond £3m now - not enough to buy one of the ball boys at Leicester. 

Leicester happily shelling out £40m came as a shock to be honest as to how far we've been left behind

Edited by jim mk2

Just now, sympatheticclaret said:

Rochdale still viewing us as " local rivals " I see .... 🙄

Think its just your dirtyness that they dislike, which is understandable. 

You arent as hated as us, literally every lancashire club hates us, fans of blackpool and preston hate us more than they do each other. Bolton think we are their main rivals, as have wigan for many years. Oldham thought the no nay never song was theirs, and detest us, rochdale at their place were upset, bury it was their biggest game of the decade etc. 

Jealousy eh, poor buggers. Suppose that small town in lancashire still being the 10th most succesful club in england grates on them, oh and you lot.

Edited by AAK

9 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Rochdale Herald is a parody paper, no?

Yes; never seen it on any newsagent's counter in town.

On 08/07/2019 at 11:21, OnePhilT said:

B*rnlah certainly like signing players from the league below them. Rodriguez (£10m) and Pieters making moves there by the look of it. Not good enough, surely?

PIeters is back up left back, not long ago was Dutch national left back, he's good enough. On Rodriguez, probably good enough but, for me at least, not different enough to our current front 2. Scored 22 last season though so no too shabby.

On 08/07/2019 at 12:25, Bigdoggsteel said:

Burnely have stayed longer in the Premiership than they dared dream. Going to take Dyche leaving for them to drop, but will anyone take a chance on him?? 

Oh for sure - but that doesn't mean we couldn't find another Dyche

On 08/07/2019 at 12:50, DE. said:

Only if he changes his name to Séan Dychiola.

Very true - played to us has this issue. I think he really needs to consider a couple of seasons abroad, get his agent touting him in Europe. If he's successful he could then be considered by the bigger clubs

On 08/07/2019 at 13:06, frosty said:

In season 17/18 a few clubs you'd consider a step up from Burnley in size and potential (Everton, Leicester, West Ham for example) changed manager and Dyche didn't get poached.....and that was when his stock was arguably at its highest, being the season they ended up 7th.

After that I concluded he'd be there for a long time yet, and it's looking that way (unfortunately).

See above - like you it seems unlikely to me that teams in the PL "second tier" are suddenly going to look at him.

2 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

PIeters is back up left back, not long ago was Dutch national left back, he's good enough. On Rodriguez, probably good enough but, for me at least, not different enough to our current front 2. Scored 22 last season though so no too shabby.

Both of those two will do a job at Burnley. I assume that Pieters has been signed as cover for Taylor?

Rodriguez is a poacher. He'll score enough to justify his fee, and probably help to keep them up again.

13 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Rodriguez is a poacher.

No, he's a dirty cheating barsteward who would kick the oppositions goalie in the face deliberately to soften him up in an attempt to ensure he could score a goal later, The soft bugger then feigned injury so he wouldn't have to face a Rovers crowd in the return fixture. 

Definately suited to playing for those purple scumbags again. 

7 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

No, he's a dirty cheating barsteward who would kick the oppositions goalie in the face deliberately to soften him up in an attempt to ensure he could score a goal later, The soft bugger then feigned injury so he wouldn't have to face a Rovers crowd in the return fixture

Definately suited to playing for those purple scumbags again. 

He scored against us last season at Ewood?

Villa are doing some good business. Young english players. Important to keep grealish fit as I think he could be the difference. I'm not convinced by mcginn. He struggles at international level, he might be a good player to have from the bench

So Peter Crouch has retired.

The man that attracted the phrase of "good feet for a big man" tag more than any other in history.

Model pro, superb goalscoring record for England and 1 in 4 across the 11 clubs he has played for.

Tarred his career a little by signing for Bumley at the end but you have to hand it to the guy for what he has acheived. Scored some fantastic goals in his career too - that one for Stoke against City in particular.

Good sense of humor too as this poll of the funniest quips made by a sprtsman shows:

1.)Asked what he would be if he wasnt a footballer, Peter Crouch replied "a virgin"

2.) I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars - the rest I just squandered - George Best

3.) Referring to wags, "I don't know where they will stay, its not my concern. I'm hoping there will be a virus" - Fabio Capello

On 12/07/2019 at 12:08, JacknOry said:

2.) I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars - the rest I just squandered - George Best

Including 2 livers. At least the first didn't belong to anyone else originally.

Just now, Ossydave said:

Villa really have made some great signings, the noisy neighbours are gonna be up against it next season unless they strengthen.

Do you think? Mings, El Ghazi and Hause were all there last season, Mings did well but is overpriced, El Ghazi looks a decent deal and Hause is barely Championship standard.

Aside from that, Wesley looking at his record looks a big risk an probably at least initially a downgrade on Abraham, Jota hardly set the Championship on fire although may be a bargain having worked with Smith prior, and Targett again looks massively overpriced for

The City player who has been on loan in Spain and who captained Brazil under 23s looks an interesting potential signing, and Heaton would be very good, but it all screams of Fulham who arguably spent on more proven quality in the likes of Mawson, Seri and Schurlle and went down with a whimper.

Sheff United meanwhile signing the likes of Robinson and Freeman seem to be going down the Cardiff route, signing very good Championship players, I'd expect them to go back down but be in a very strong position to bounce straight back.

7 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Villa really have made some great signings, the noisy neighbours are gonna be up against it next season unless they strengthen.

I said the same about Fulham.

But Villa and particularly Blades have fantastic managers. Play their game their way and they’ll be fine.

Norwich

Brighton

Newcastle

in that order

Edited by S8 & Blue

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Do you think? Mings, El Ghazi and Hause were all there last season, Mings did well but is overpriced, El Ghazi looks a decent deal and Hause is barely Championship standard.

Aside from that, Wesley looking at his record looks a big risk an probably at least initially a downgrade on Abraham, Jota hardly set the Championship on fire although may be a bargain having worked with Smith prior, and Targett again looks massively overpriced for

The City player who has been on loan in Spain and who captained Brazil under 23s looks an interesting potential signing, and Heaton would be very good, but it all screams of Fulham who arguably spent on more proven quality in the likes of Mawson, Seri and Schurlle and went down with a whimper.

Sheff United meanwhile signing the likes of Robinson and Freeman seem to be going down the Cardiff route, signing very good Championship players, I'd expect them to go back down but be in a very strong position to bounce straight back.

I'd take the current villa squad over that lots 100%

I'm not saying they're gonna be amazing but they've spent well IMO and will be comfortable 

The inferior clarets have probably spent up now after filling the corners of that shithole in. 

They could do with Grealish performing, I think he may actually do well because the premiership refs will probably babysit him a bit more if hes getting hacked down too

Looking like Bruce will be the next Newcastle manager as soon as compensation is agreed with Sheff Wed,from Benitez to Bruce is quiet a comedown,i'm guessing the Newcastle messageboards will be in meltdown right about now lol