speeeeeeedie

Premier League Stuff

United playing on the counter attack at The Theatre of Dreamers - I've seen it all now. Not every team will be as naive as Chelsea.

And Lampard will be in line for an OBE (out by Easter).

Just now, arbitro said:

United playing on the counter attack at The Theatre of Dreamers - I've seen it all now. Not every team will be as naive as Chelsea.

And Lampard will be in line for an OBE (out by Easter).

Tbf they have the pace and quality to devastate on the counter attack, so it's a good idea against the bigger teams. It'll be the attritional teams like Burnley that they'll need to adapt to. 

Just now, DE. said:

Tbf they have the pace and quality to devastate on the counter attack, so it's a good idea against the bigger teams. It'll be the attritional teams like Burnley that they'll need to adapt to. 

I really thought Chelsea were extremely naive and far too many times got too many players in advanced positions. Your point about United's pace is correct but I thought that was more reason for Chelsea to be conservative when going forward. Lampard has so much to learn.

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to anticipate that Lampard will be a good manager. As wonderful a player as he was, that doesn't necessarily translate to success in management and there is a huge list of unemployed former superstar players to testify to this.

I thought his appointment by Derby was risky although I could see why a championship club might take a chance like that; but for Chelsea in their circumstances to take a chance like that is sheer folly in my opinion. 

I believe he is destined to fail quite spectacularly and quite quickly.

Edited by Colt Seavers

They see this season as a free hit. With an embargo they would’ve have struggled to attract a top manager and they can bank the Hazard and CL cash. 

The fact that he is "one of their own" wont save him if poor results mount up, just like anyone else. Made some strange decisions yesterday, Hazard is a major loss but he does have the benefit of a 60m winger in Pulisic who he left on the bench only to play Barkley out wide. Jettisoning Luiz yet starting Zouma is also a risky move and it backfired yesterday. Ultimately he got the job based on his playing career.

Can't believe they paid £60m for Pulisic. Even in the current market that's a crazy price for a player who really isn't that good.

Lampard's record at Derby no better than Clement, McClaren or Rowett. Cant imagine any of those getting any Premier League job now. He'll have the media on side though, no doubt about that. 

19 hours ago, DE. said:

I said last season that Solskjaer should play Martial, Rashford, and Lingard as a front 3 as they'd cause havoc with their movement. For whatever reason he persevered with barn door touch Lukaku. With him now gone it has forced Solskjaer's hand and Man U look better for it. Maguire and Wan-Bissaka will also make a difference. Both are good defenders. Bailly will be gone soon as will £50m man Fred.

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Can't believe they paid £60m for Pulisic. Even in the current market that's a crazy price for a player who really isn't that good.

Pulisic is a good player. He's young and will do well. He's not Hazard but will be a contributor. £60m may be a bit much but that price is a bit inflated due to non-playing factors. Chelsea have a marketable American star. They'll flog loads of merchandise over here. Dortmund kits sold like hot cakes and their games are hardly on TV. Premier League coverage is massive.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Zouma looks very clumsy. A bit crazy letting Luiz go imo. He must be reading the Tony Mowbray manual on how not to defend good 

I think Lampard and Luiz had a 'coming together', maybe akin to the alleged Mowbray and Mulgrew duel. The guy who is the bigger 'gun' usually wins.

8 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to anticipate that Lampard will be a good manager. As wonderful a player as he was, that doesn't necessarily translate to success in management and there is a huge list of unemployed former superstar players to testify to this.

I thought his appointment by Derby was risky although I could see why a championship club might take a chance like that; but for Chelsea in their circumstances to take a chance like that is sheer folly in my opinion. 

Disgraceful result but he's not some thicko he's extremely intelligent by footballer standards. Solskjaer has far more to prove given his previous failure. 

Edited by Vinjay17

8 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

Did better than Mowbray last season though.

10 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

Probably thought with the embargo that many big name managers wouldn't come as they couldn't bring in their own players. So take a gamble if it doesn't work Roman can spend a fortune next season and as they've sold a few this year the balance sheet wont be as bad

Certainly is if you're a City fan. Technically the correct decision though.

Spurs certainly didn't deserve a point from this game, they were terrible. Played like a team at the bottom of the table. The gulf between City and everybody else is just ridiculous now. 

Just now, DE. said:

Certainly is if you're a City fan. Technically the correct decision though.

Spurs certainly didn't deserve a point from this game, they were terrible. Played like a team at the bottom of the table. The gulf between City and everybody else is just ridiculous now. 

That was not a handball. Not in a million years. If that is genuinely classed as a handball nowadays then football is completely fucked.

VAR is just a way for faceless folk behind the scenes to influence the outcome of a football match by seeing whatever they want to see.

Just now, Husky said:

It's quite clear: Don't celebrate 👍

It’s taking away some great moments in the game.

From an unbelievable end to a game to... meh.

Just now, Stuart said:

That was not a handball. Not in a million years. If that is genuinely classed as a handball nowadays then football is completely fucked.

VAR is just a way for faceless folk behind the scenes to influence the outcome of a football match by seeing whatever they want to see.

It certainly wasn't a deliberate handball. Use of the arm did put the ball directly at the goalscorer's feet, though, so... I don't know. I have no idea how the rules are applied these days. Apparently very harshly. I always thought VAR was being used for cases where the officials have made an obvious mistake - personally I wouldn't file this one under that category, as literally nobody except the people in the VAR room saw that handball, but if that's the way it's going to be then celebrations for practically any goal from a corner or cross are going to have to be delayed ten seconds because the human eye isn't going to be able to catch something like that. 

image.thumb.png.e672fbe6eec7b8fb70c193609a90ab73.png

"I thought we played very well."

-looks at the game stats- Uh... yeah, if you're Brighton or Norwich. Spurs ambitions must be in the toilet this season.

Just now, Stuart said:

It’s taking away some great moments in the game.

From an unbelievable end to a game to... meh.

It's going to take some getting used to, but this is how the top level game is now.

City for all their brilliance don't half finish badly. 30 shots, 10 on target...😮