speeeeeeedie

Premier League Stuff

47 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I think that was the guideline for acts of simulation i.e. there had to be daylight between the two players before simulation is considered. That was an instruction from Philip Don which once again muddied the waters.

ha!

Gracia sacked by Watford. I was thinking the other day that he'll likely be gone soon, as Watford aren't exactly known for their patience with managers.

5 minutes ago, DE. said:

Gracia sacked by Watford. I was thinking the other day that he'll likely be gone soon, as Watford aren't exactly known for their patience with managers.

This could go in Arbitro's "Things I Hate About the Modern Game" thread; the complete lack of patience with managers who go through bad runs.

Fergie would only be seen as a failed has-been at United if he were starting out today, not the legend of the game that we (albeit grudgingly) should respect for what he achieved there after a poor start.

Flores re-appointed. Probably won't be buying a house in the area mind. 

When you see 27,000 people creating a great atmosphere in a stadium in Norwich against The Champions.

You just think... WOW!

What a superb performance from Norwich and fully deserved the win. City’s back four were awful and the final balls into the box and lack of shots from outside the area really let them down today. However, the defensive organisation of Norwich was absolutely outstanding. They put two men on the wingers and nullified everything, the cbs won every first ball and the way they played it out from the back in periods was cityesque. I’ve never enjoyed watching a defensive display as much as that. The organisation, effort and positional awareness was a joy. Credit to the manager for what was clearly a worked on plan. 

What a fabulous game Norwich v Man City was.

City already need to match Liverpool point for point and double them head to head to retain their title. Cannot see it happening because that City defence is going backwards while Liverpool's is improving.

Fancy Liverpool will finally break their PL duck and City will return the compliment by winning the Champions League.

Hate to say it but I think this year is actually their year 

Norwich Man City game was excellent. Full credit to Farke for not going too defensive. 

Wolves Chelsea game was excellent also. Lampard change formation and it worked. Mount, Willian and Abraham were superb. 

Shocked at Southampton beating Sheff Utd. 

Arsenal have just thrown away a two goal lead at Watford. The first Watford goal came from a short goal kick as an Arsenal player tried to pass to a teammate inside the penalty area. They were lucky to get away with a similar one in the first half. City conceded in a similar manner yesterday. It suicide football.

Wouldn't put Everton in the 'big club' bracket yet tbf. Spent a lot of money but still look like a bang average mid table team. 

50% of Sheffield United has to be sold to a Saudi Prince for £5m following a Court battle.

The Saudi put in £10m for 50% when Sheff U were in League 1 with a call option on the other 50% for £5m which has now been exercised giving the Saudi total control of a Premier League club for the princely outlay of £15m or about the cost of Rovers' forwards bought in the last 18 months...

Spuds have refinanced £600m of the £1.2bn it cost them to build their new stadium which means they can now be active buying players again.

Saw the stadium from 32,000 feet flying from Dublin two days ago. Just an oval hole.

Just looking at Danny ward on Leicester’s bench, came for big money thinking schmichel was on his way, ironically would be in Liverpool side this season but instead has Newport in the cup and bugger all else to look forward to.

And on the same theme weren’t we in for Adrian in which case he wouldn’t be uefa super cup winner at Liverpool and could be looking forward to Reading. 

Edited by matt83

Whilst I thought VAR could have served a purpose the way it’s been implemented in the premier league is just awful 

Common sense should still be a thing that exists 

Just now, Tom said:

Whilst I thought VAR could have served a purpose the way it’s been implemented in the premier league is just awful 

Common sense should still be a thing that exists 

Leeds have scored a goal today that VAR would have ruled out for offside.

Watford trying to smash the record for largest ever PL defeat. 5-0 down already. 

Just now, DE. said:

Watford trying to smash the record for largest ever PL defeat. 5-0 down already. 

That’s ridiculous. After the 6-0 cup final defeat they must be absolutely sick of the sight of City.