speeeeeeedie

Premier League Stuff

Some Man City players must have much worse chances to goal ratios than our guys. They don't half miss a LOT.

Edited by Husky

1 hour ago, frosty said:

That’s ridiculous. After the 6-0 cup final defeat they must be absolutely sick of the sight of City. 

Apparently the Watford manager told his players to approach today's game as if they were playing a Cup Final

9 minutes ago, Husky said:

Some Man City players must have much worse chances to goal ratios than our guys. They don't half miss a LOT.

They wouldn't have got away with that against our under 18s - who beat theirs 2-1 earlier today

Newcastle looked awful under Bruce. 

Brighton look very good min terms of passing and movement under Potter compare to boring football under Hughton

5 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Feck knows how they figured out Son was offside - was staring at it for yonks and thought surely in this instance he’ll get the benefit of the doubt.

I've just seen that. Its a joke.

There was a report at the start of the season which suggested VAR is only accurate to within about 30cm in some instances of offside. How far does VAR reckon Son was offside by? It should give a figure.

The technology will always give a decision but cannot be accurate to within, say, 5cm. There has to be an element of 'Umpires Call' introduced on decisions like this. It could cost a club millions and its no longer human error. It's computer guesswork.

Just now, Hasta said:

There has to be an element of 'Umpires Call' introduced on decisions like this. 

Agree fully.

The offside decisions were the one part of VAR everyone claimed would be a roaring success. It's a matter of fact they said, so will go smoothly. 

Well I think it's by far the worst part of VAR. It takes too long, decisions are ridiculously minimal, it's chalking off great goals, and the fans in the stadium are pretty clueless about it every time.

Needs readdressing asap. 

Just now, Silas said:

Agree fully.

The offside decisions were the one part of VAR everyone claimed would be a roaring success. It's a matter of fact they said, so will go smoothly. 

Well I think it's by far the worst part of VAR. It takes too long, decisions are ridiculously minimal, it's chalking off great goals, and the fans in the stadium are pretty clueless about it every time.

Needs readdressing asap. 

I think that is a reflection of the offside rule itself rather than VAR which is only applying the rule as it presently stands. I would like to see the rule amended so that a player is only offside if both his feet are beyond the last defender.

VAR is definitely highlighting how ridiculous some of the rules have become, particularly offsides and handballs. If it leads to the rules being redressed to include more common sense then it will be a good thing - otherwise not so much.

Edited by DE.

That silva seems to be doing his best to be first manager sacked. Him and koeman have spent £480m between them apparently. To think Everton have spent all that money on shite yet bury went out of business for what £4.6 million.

OGS was always going to struggle. Was never the right man.

He basically gave Utd no choice but to give him the job given the start he had but they should have waited till the summer and got Poch, who seems to have gone off the boil a bit with spurs. I think he was expecting to leave them in the summer.

Just now, davulsukur said:

OGS was always going to struggle. Was never the right man.

He basically gave Utd no choice but to give him the job given the start he had but they should have waited till the summer and got Poch, who seems to have gone off the boil a bit with spurs. I think he was expecting to leave them in the summer.

I looked at their " Team " before the game. Just a collection of pretty uninspiring players with an uninspiring manager. They've fallen a long way since we were going toe to toe with the Fergie teams back in the day.

Just when you thought Sky's punditry couldn't get any worse - with Tweedledee and Tweedledum (Neville and Spittle) now the punters have to suffer and pay for Moaninho too.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They've fallen a long way since we were going toe to toe with the Fergie teams back in the day.

We have fallen a hell of a lot further. 

Still delighted to see them lose.

Stunner from Alexander Arnold, Chelsea were  looking ok as well until then, can only see a comfy win now 

1-1 now comedy goal after Abraham missed a sitter 

Edit VAR to rule it out 

Edited by Tom

Liverpool's defence is so much crapper this year. They deserve to be 2-1 down yet they are again winning.

Name on the trophy.

So Chelsea have a goal ruled out for a retrospective offside but Liverpool have 2 goals from free kicks, both probably were free kicks but nobody is checking those.

The way this is being used is bonkers 

Whether it’s teams I want to win, teams I want to lose, teams got money on I don’t think VAR has ever worked in my favour yet. 

Just now, Tom said:

So Chelsea have a goal ruled out for a retrospective offside but Liverpool have 2 goals from free kicks, both probably were free kicks but nobody is checking those.

The way this is being used is bonkers 

My thoughts entirely , Chelsea are being shafted this afternoon big style !!

First one yes but not sure about the 2nd goal at all..

Edited by Waggy76

I just wish VAR would be scrapped. its wrecking the games and sadly people told Premier League, FA and UEFA it would wrecked games. I hated watching games with it being used

30 minutes ago, Husky said:

Just when you thought Sky's punditry couldn't get any worse - with Tweedledee and Tweedledum (Neville and Spittle) now the punters have to suffer and pay for Moaninho too.

Roy Keane and Graeme Souness are great pundits and good to listen to. Mourinho is decent enugh

The accuracy of VAR for offside is stunning and there should be no arguments, it's factual. It's the incidents where an opinion is required that is wrong for me. Bournemouth should have had a penalty on Friday and Mark Noble should have been sent off today. Both were reviewed and not deemed 'clear and obvious errors' by the referee. I think that referees are backing each other as colleagues to the detriment of the game. Had the referees given Bournemouth a penalty and sent Noble off would they have been overturned by VAR? Not a chance.

They can't haven't both ways.

Just now, arbitro said:

The accuracy of VAR for offside is stunning and there should be no arguments, it's factual. It's the incidents where an opinion is required that is wrong for me. Bournemouth should have had a penalty on Friday and Mark Noble should have been sent off today. Both were reviewed and not deemed 'clear and obvious errors' by the referee. I think that referees are backing each other as colleagues to the detriment of the game. Had the referees given Bournemouth a penalty and sent Noble off would they have been overturned by VAR? Not a chance.

They can't haven't both ways.

As VAR is used more there are likely to be tweaks to the way it is used,no doubt to address the points you make. I stand by my comments above regarding the change I would make to the offside rule, which would have meant the Chelsea goal stood