speeeeeeedie

Premier League Stuff

Leicester have 9 players, aged 25 or under, who have played 9 or more games this season.

They would be too young for regular appearances in a Mowbray side.

Listening to Rodgers is night and day compared to Mowbray. He knows what he is doing and speaks highly about his players - easy when you’ve just won.

Surely with we should be in the hunt for one of the 42 best managers in the country? Or would managers rather be out of work than come here?

Just now, Stuart said:

Listening to Rodgers is night and day compared to Mowbray. He knows what he is doing and speaks highly about his players

I think Leicester are going places under him and he will turn them into top 4 club within the next 4 years. 

His football is eye catching and so good defensively. 

Always impressed me with his football and every time he talks. 

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Leicester have 9 players, aged 25 or under, who have played 9 or more games this season.

They would be too young for regular appearances in a Mowbray side.

We have Armstrong, Travis, Gallagher, Walton, Lenihan, Adarabioyo, Dack and Nyambe playing regularly so I am not sure that is necessarily the problem. 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

We have Armstrong, Travis, Gallagher, Walton, Lenihan, Adarabioyo, Dack and Nyambe playing regularly so I am not sure that is necessarily the problem. 

Travis is regularly dropped with Mowbray blaming his youth and inexperience.

Gallagher in and out.

Tosin only in because of our injury crisis. Nyambe likewise.

Walton is the default keeper. The irony is that sub-25yo keepers are usually a bad idea!

That leaves Mowbray-favourite, Armstrong, and his other son, Dack, who he “makes sure he looks after”.

I stand by my comment.

31 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Travis is regularly dropped with Mowbray blaming his youth and inexperience.

Gallagher in and out.

Tosin only in because of our injury crisis. Nyambe likewise.

Walton is the default keeper. The irony is that sub-25yo keepers are usually a bad idea!

That leaves Mowbray-favourite, Armstrong, and his other son, Dack, who he “makes sure he looks after”.

I stand by my comment.

Travis has only missed the QPR game injured, he was dropped v Millwall with Mowbray trying a new formation, and missed out v Preston after a few poor games. (which he did have although to play his mate Bennett in there after criticising Travis' ball retention was hypocritical) He is first choice in there.

Gallagher he plays sadly almost every time. Adarabioyo and Walton were both the only players Mowbray signed in their positions, neither coming close to solving the problems we had. 

Armstrong plays every week, hes sticking with a young player in spite of consistent poor and half arsed performances, he is playing a young player but he shouldnt be. And Dack is our only goal threat.

Im not sticking up for Mowbray, I want him gone too, but it just seemed an irrelevant and inaccurate time to bring him up.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Travis has only missed the QPR game injured, he was dropped v Millwall with Mowbray trying a new formation, and missed out v Preston after a few poor games. (which he did have although to play his mate Bennett in there after criticising Travis' ball retention was hypocritical) He is first choice in there.

Gallagher he plays sadly almost every time. Adarabioyo and Walton were both the only players Mowbray signed in their positions, neither coming close to solving the problems we had. 

Armstrong plays every week, hes sticking with a young player in spite of consistent poor and half arsed performances, he is playing a young player but he shouldnt be. And Dack is our only goal threat.

Im not sticking up for Mowbray, I want him gone too, but it just seemed an irrelevant and inaccurate time to bring him up.

If you think Mowbray would play 9 players under 25 in 75% of matches then fair enough but based on the evidence so far that would be inaccurate.

Johnson on the other hand...

Not sure it's totally irrelevant as there are a few youngsters who could/should be playing more and having more of an impact given their talent. Nayambe and Rothwell and Chapman spring to mind. And his singling out of young players only really can't help any of their development. 

That said I think there are bigger problems by a long chalk. Players out of positional, favourites who can go on terrible runs of form and retain their places, an inability to defend. So yeah not the biggest stick to beat TM with but I wouldn't say his development of young players is a strength. 

Leicester are already a top 4 side. No other chasing pack club is remotely as good as Leicester are. 

Arsenal who were a top four side were brushed aside and I doubt Spurs or Man U could have lived with them yesterday either.

Having said that, Leicester have drawn away at Chelsea, beaten Spurs at home and their two narrow defeats have come at Liverpool and Man U.

Vardy is still ridiculously quick - in added time at the end he raced through the Arsenal side leaving them for dead until a last ditch tackle prevented what would have been a fabulous goal. Vardy can also pick some fabulous passes. Best in England currently. 

Chelsea turning out to be far better than I had expected under Lampard. They are paradoxically probably better because of the transfer ban- Abraham and Mount have come on fantastically and other British youngsters are getting their chances the cheque book would have denied. Pulisic is so good that while different sort of player from Hazard, he meanbs Hazard isn't missed.

Saw both Leicester and Chelsea 2-0 wins against Palace live. Both were comprehensive but the Leicester performance felt the more inevitable and impressive. 

Edited by philipl

12 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Bloody pains me to say it but that McNeil looks some player. Mowbray wouldn’t like him though as he’s a true winger.

The red rats are sniffing around him allegedly. I haven't seen much of him but other people seem to rate him.

Leicester a club with foreign owners who genuinely want the club to succeed and improve and invest in a plan. 

Compare and contrast to our owners.

Note please where Leicester were in 2010 when the Thais arrived and where they are now. Note where we were in 2010 when the Indians arrived and where we are now.

Edited by JHRover

If referees are now to be "encouraged to view the monitor" is this not changing the rules part way the season?

Season should finish as it started and the Premier League should take the rap for introducing a game changing clanger.  

They couldn’t clear up that VAR handball claim against Liverpool quickly enough!

This has to be the most biased top flight season for a long long time.

All seater is a joke looking at the Kop. Remember when Rovers stuck letters on BBE seats saying season tickets would be cancelled for persistent standing when away fans stood up every week.

LiVARpool beneficiaries again 

Just now, Stuart said:

They couldn’t clear up that VAR handball claim against Liverpool quickly enough!

This has to be the most biased top flight season for a long long time.

It's like an old glitchy computer game. You're waiting to take your penalty then suddenly you're 1-0 down and throwing the joystick across the room.

Just now, Husky said:

It's like an old glitchy computer game. You're waiting to take your penalty then suddenly you're 1-0 down and throwing the joystick across the room.

:lol: 

Incredible. Guardiola should march his men off the field.

Mo Salah - offside.

Seconds later - VAR check complete, goal.

The PL is a joke this season!

That was more than a toe offside too. WTF is going on? It's like the Qatar Cup.

Just now, Husky said:

That was more than a toe offside too. WTF is going on? It's like the Qatar Cup.

No sign of any lines across the pitch or any on-screen slow motion replays.

The linesman should have spotted that in real time.

The PL this season is fixed.

#redwash