Jump to content
speeeeeeedie

Premier League Stuff

Recommended Posts

Missed our chance again!

He’s a gamble for Spurs but I can see why they want him. He demands instant success which is what I expect Levy wants too at this point.

It will be interest to see how this one plays out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mourinho at Spurs. This will be interesting one way or another. 

Him and Levy might not be a perfect match. It sounds like Levy didn’t give Poch much money recently or allow him to get some players he wanted. Towards the end at United, Mourinho didn’t hesitate to publicly call out those in the boardroom when he didn’t get what he wanted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poch wasnt in charge of signings. Levy was. 

Mourinho appointment could be great one. Good squad going forward. Need a couple of defensive signing. 

Mourinho is head coach there not manager so Levy remains in charge of everything as always 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Notice how Daniel Levy has made a quick decision and acted immediately for the club to try and salvage their season.

Might not be a universally popular decision or even turn out to be the right one but he's done what a chairman is paid to do. Pochettino a popular and successful manager for Spurs leading them to their finest moment last season in the Champions League final. But the club comes first and individuals second.

Compare to the state of confusion and inertia here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

 

Mourinho is head coach there not manager so Levy remains in charge of everything as always 

Mourinho will do it his way or it won't work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JHRover said:

Mourinho will do it his way or it won't work.

He wont be decided signings. Levy always has. Poch moaned this summer that he is a head coach not manager

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

He wont be decided signings. Levy always has. Poch moaned this summer that he is a head coach not manager

Mourinho isnt going to be told who he should sign. That was why it ended like it did at Chelsea (1st time) and United.

Its his way or the highway and anyone employing someone with his record would be wise to let him get on with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Notice how Daniel Levy has made a quick decision and acted immediately for the club to try and salvage their season.

Might not be a universally popular decision or even turn out to be the right one but he's done what a chairman is paid to do. Pochettino a popular and successful manager for Spurs leading them to their finest moment last season in the Champions League final. But the club comes first and individuals second.

Compare to the state of confusion and inertia here.

I'm sure it wasn't just his own decision. It's not like he has Jack Walker level authority to pull the trigger. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

He wasnt in charge of transfers. Thats Levy and board

I never said that he was. Poch suffered because of Levy's desire/prudence/necessity to fund and build a new stadium. Poch will be fine. He's made millions and will be able to pick his next job. Real Madrid next season?

30 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Mourinho isnt going to be told who he should sign. That was why it ended like it did at Chelsea (1st time) and United.

Its his way or the highway and anyone employing someone with his record would be wise to let him get on with it.

Mourinho is a proven winner, no doubt about it. Yet his last 3 jobs have all ended abruptly.

I doubt that Levy will give him the keys to the kingdom. He'll let him spend but not on Europe's best aged 26-29, (preferably 6'2" as well).

Mourinho is not a developer of talent. I would agree though that he has the right to that view based on his success.

Dele Alli is one player who may want to look over his shoulder. His performances have been very un-Mourinho like. His England place is already under threat, not playing well for Spurs will sink him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/11/2019 at 08:33, chaddyrovers said:

He wont be decided signings. Levy always has. Poch moaned this summer that he is a head coach not manager

There's a story in my paper today regarding Levy's signing of Luka Modric from Dinamo Zagreb for £20 million in 2008. One of the Zagreb directors asked if he could have five new Modric shirts. Levy was happy to respond. When the invoice for the transfer was returned Levy had deducted the value of the shirts !  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

There's a story in my paper today regarding Levy's signing of Luka Modric from Dinamo Zagreb for £20 million in 2008. One of the Zagreb directors asked if he could have five new Modric shirts. Levy was happy to respond. When the invoice for the transfer was returned Levy had deducted the value of the shirts !  

Oy vey. The jokes write themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would it be possible for Match of the Day to scrap their "expert analysis" and devote those minutes to the actual highlights? I'm sick of the anodyne 'old boys' network on there stealing a living from the license fee payer. It's money for old rope. Aren't Lineker and Shearer among the Beeb's highest earners? Sickening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

VAR ruling Sterling offside 

Ridiculous

It was. The goal should have been given. 

I see that Liverpool had another VAR decision go in their favour. Stuart will need a new tin foil hat soon.

Edited by speeeeeeedie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheffield United are a joy to watch. They work hard, make angles for each other and have a system the manager believes in and trusts. The commentator said he doesn't believe in squad rotation and won't change the system irrespective of who they are playing. There are no Billy Big Bollocks neither.

They are a breath of fresh air.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awful team selection. Three centre halfs yet a first half corner taken short. Maguire made his thoughts known to that.  

Sacked in the morning, could be later today.

Edited by Cherry Blue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.