speeeeeeedie

Premier League Stuff

16 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He had some good players around him at Leicester.

Especially Kante that did a lot of hard yards. Drinkwater wouldn't have caps if it wasn't for Kante - no chance. 

3 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Especially Kante that did a lot of hard yards. Drinkwater wouldn't have caps if it wasn't for Kante - no chance. 

I could still play in midfield if I was alongside Kante with Vardy and Mahrez to bang the ball up to.

On 12/01/2020 at 22:29, Husky said:

You can tell Drunkwater likes the sauce. He looked knackered after 10 minutes.

On 13/01/2020 at 00:55, speeeeeeedie said:

He was poor. Yards off the pace and at fault for at least 2 goals. His new hair looks good though.

It's looking like Norwich and Villa for the drop. Bournemouth need to make some changes or they could be the third. They are in freefall. Burnley aren't far behind.

Grealish looks the part. He is head and shoulders above his teammates. Mings included.

On 13/01/2020 at 03:34, jim mk2 said:

To be fair to Drinkwater he's hardly played PL football for a couple of years and it will take time to get back up to pace. Villa lack a bit of quality but I think they'll survive. Norwich look goners and I'd like Bournemouth to go - they belong in the 4th division. As another nothing southern club Watford would also be my choice to go down but they seem to have struck lucky with Pearson. Burnley will struggle but as a Lancashire town club I hope they don't go down 

22 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

There is almost half a season left. Spurs currently sit 8th on 30 points. Only 9 more than third from bottom Bournemouth. It's going to be one almighty scrap to stay up. Palace, Arsenal, and Everton although all lower than Spurs in the table won't get dragged down into it. I reckon that it's anyone below those 3.

I want Burnley down, but will Dyche pull out his usual mini run to guide them to safety?

Bournemouth were awful against Watford. I think that injuries, and Callum Wilson's lack of form, are hurting them. David Brooks and Josh King caused teams problems last year and allowed Wilson a bit of room. Both of them are out so teams don't have the same worry especially with Chris Brown wannabe Solanke playing.

Pearson has got Watford firing again. They have some decent players, and a talisman in Deeney. They'll be fine.

Hassenhutl has fixed Southampton. Ings' goals is their difference maker.

Bruce looks to be able to keep Newcastle solid enough to keep them up. Can Moyes do the same with West Ham?

A story today has Dunk linked with Chelsea. If he goes Brighton could be in trouble.

On Drinkwater - he came to us, got fit, decided to go out and get hammered then literally got hammered. Got fit again apparently though didn't look it at the weekend. I kid you not there were Burnley fans going mad about him leaving, saying how he will save Villas season. He did nothing at ours to suggest he is savoir material for anyone .

On the relegation battle - I don't see us getting any points now until the 15th Feb - so we will be firmly in the bottom 3 by then - we then have 3 games that will, IMO, decide our fate. As for who's going down, Norwich are a given I think, then its 2 from us, Bournemouth, West Ham, Watford, Villa, Brighton and maybe Newcastle. Most likely its 2 from three, Villa, Us and Bournemouth - maybe include Brighton. Brightons next 4 are all against relegation contenders so they could be free and clear soon - or right back in it. For those wondering if Dyche can pull it out the bag again - not sure. Like the first half of last season, something feels wrong. That said we have plenty of games still to come so maybe he will surprise us all.

Just now, longsiders1882 said:

On Drinkwater - he came to us, got fit, decided to go out and get hammered then literally got hammered. Got fit again apparently though didn't look it at the weekend. I kid you not there were Burnley fans going mad about him leaving, saying how he will save Villas season. He did nothing at ours to suggest he is savoir material for anyone .

On the relegation battle - I don't see us getting any points now until the 15th Feb - so we will be firmly in the bottom 3 by then - we then have 3 games that will, IMO, decide our fate. As for who's going down, Norwich are a given I think, then its 2 from us, Bournemouth, West Ham, Watford, Villa, Brighton and maybe Newcastle. Most likely its 2 from three, Villa, Us and Bournemouth - maybe include Brighton. Brightons next 4 are all against relegation contenders so they could be free and clear soon - or right back in it. For those wondering if Dyche can pull it out the bag again - not sure. Like the first half of last season, something feels wrong. That said we have plenty of games still to come so maybe he will surprise us all.

A very honest appraisal my friend. Given our woes your capitulation might just bring us a smidgen of happiness.

7 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

I'd forgotten about him getting a kicking.

A good summary on the relegation battle. I've seen a couple of Burnley games lately. The energy doesn't seem to be there.

48 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

I think you give a relatively fair assessment Longers, but we footie fans always seem to have an inbuilt negative bias when it comes to our own teams. I think you'll just about do enough to survive again. I sincerely hope not, obviously, and as someone else alludes to, following B***ley's woes might be the only thing left for Rovers fans to look forward to this springtime.

Dyche in.

48 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I'd forgotten about him getting a kicking.

A good summary on the relegation battle. I've seen a couple of Burnley games lately. The energy doesn't seem to be there.

Ah yes, when he tried to pull a League 1 players GF.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/9885014/danny-drinkwater-nightclub-attack-girl/

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Ah yes, when he tried to pull a League 1 players GF.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/9885014/danny-drinkwater-nightclub-attack-girl/

Somehow him getting banjoed by a league one players crew seemed even more pathetic. Still if he starts turning in match winning performances I'm sure Villa won't care.

3 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Somehow him getting banjoed by a league one players crew seemed even more pathetic. Still if he starts turning in match winning loosing performances I'm sure Villa  B ley won't care.

4 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Somehow him getting banjoed by a league one players crew seemed even more pathetic. Still if he starts turning in match winning performances I'm sure Villa won't care.

I thought he was a decent player at Leicester but he was benefiting from having several good players around him and a team structure that played to his strengths. That season Kante was like having two players in one in midfield. Just like Roy Keane was.

17 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

The Dingles are just two points off the bottom three tonight. Bad day for them today.

Their next set of fixtures are terrible too. I can see Vardy tearing them a new one tomorrow. 

Saving grace is Norwich and Bournemouth are dreadful so its them vs villa for the last spot....

Sadly, I think tomorrow is the type of game they will spring a surprise and win....

Obviously, I hope Leicester win 16-0.

5 draws in today's Prem games, it would have been 6 out of 8 if Newcastle hadn't have scored a last minute winner.

Bournemouth are still struggling. I'd love to know what Steve Cook was thinking. It was madness from him diving and saving the ball.

The bottom 7 are even closer to each other now. Come on Leicester.

Mourinho is quickly turning Spurs into a carbon copy of his turgid Man U teams. I questioned whether he still had it after getting the boot from Old Trafford. It's looking like he has lost his magic. If Levy doesn't give him millions to spend on established stars he'll be off sooner rather than later.

Just watched Southampton's manager claim it wasn't a penalty against them. He should be sectioned.

8 hours ago, Pedro said:

Just watched Southampton's manager claim it wasn't a penalty against them. He should be sectioned.

The worry is that it's not given in real time. The referee was doing his first PL game being a Championship referee. If he has us next week that won't be given.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

The worry is that it's not given in real time. The referee was doing his first PL game being a Championship referee. If he has us next week that won't be given.

So true. Two people who thought that wasn't an obvious penalty. One of the guys just wipes him clean out.

Just about to crack open a bottle and hopefully watch Leicester romp to a fine win.

Norwich and Villa by far the two best sides in the championship last season..look bloody hopeless in top flight.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

14 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Just about to crack open a bottle and hopefully watch Leicester romp to a fine win.

Norwich and Villa by far the two best sides in the championship last season..look bloody hopeless in top flight.

Though I remember Sheffield United being the best team we played against last season (in both games).