speeeeeeedie

Premier League Stuff

47 minutes ago, bazza said:

Burnley are grateful to VAR........no goal for the entrained scum.

Would have been if Fergie was still manager !

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

A sickening reminder that Burnley have become us.

Have they won the Premier League ??

38 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Cant blame maguire or any other player,  ogs is so out of his depth its untrue

Isn't he just.

He can't have long left in the job now though, surely?

2 minutes ago, Bohinen 22 said:

Full credit to Burnley. Dyche has and continues to do a super job. United are garbage. How the mighty have fallen.

Had them in my acca at 7/1, just felt utd would struggle especially with jones playing.  Feckin forest let me down for £250 from a quid

It just proves that a team of well motivated and enthusiastic players will beat a collection of " stars " most of the time. How many Dingle players would get into the United team ? Probably none. This must be the worst team they've had since before the Fergie era. When you have a succession of managers in a short space of time all bringing in the players they want to play in a system they want play you have a perfect recipe for chaos, as we know only too well.

Martial had a stinker last night, should have had at least two. They've been unlucky in losing Rashford too, who has really progressed this season and is developing into a very fine player.

Bad luck for him and England and I hope he recovers soon but long may United's bad luck continue

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Martial had a stinker last night, should have had at least two. They've been unlucky in losing Rashford too, who has really progressed this season and is developing into a very fine player.

Bad luck for him and England and I hope he recovers soon but long may United's bad luck continue

I can't see Solksjaer pulling them out of this spiral. Looking around I can't see an outstanding managerial candidate to replace him either.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can't see Solksjaer pulling them out of this spiral. Looking around I can't see an outstanding managerial candidate to replace him either.

Pocchetino ?

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

Pocchetino ?

Yes, possibly but any new manager would probably just add to the churn of players coming through the revolving door. That's not how you build a team.

United went 26 years from 1967-93 without winning the title (stand to be corrected), so if you believe that everything reverts to the mean it could be another 26 years from the last time they won the title in 2013 before they win it again. That's 2039, so thankfully I won't be around to see it

24 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Whilst I think Solskjaer seems a nice guy I cant see him ever being a success at Utd. He comes off the pitch after a defeat still smiling and almost accepting of defeat. This lack of a mean streak I think would annoy me if I supported them.

Its amazing to think how much Man U have paid for a team full of dross. I read the other day their wage bill is still higher than Liverpool. I don't think players like Lingard, Matic, James, Jones, Shaw, Fred, Pereira are anything other than mid table quality at best.

Saying that I still think if Klopp, Guardiola or Rodgers had Utds squad they would easily be 15-20 points better off than where Ole has them. 

Edited by benhben

The unprecedented success of Alex Ferguson at United for nigh on 20 years will be a Mill stone around the neck of any new Manager there.

The expectation will be crushing as he watches on from the stands.

20 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

The unprecedented success of Alex Ferguson at United for nigh on 20 years will be a Mill stone around the neck of any new Manager there.

The expectation will be crushing as he watches on from the stands.

It was a similar story for Matt Busby's successors until Fergie arrived.

2 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

It was a similar story for Matt Busby's successors until Fergie arrived.

Busby's team were quite successful and they won a few trophies but they didn't dominate in the way Ferguson's teams did once he got going.

16 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

This Adama lad is a top quality player.

It’s the same lad as was at Boro right?

Remember him being lightning fast but a bit weak and no end product at all, fair play to him he’s obviously put a huge amount of work in to get where he is 

16 minutes ago, Tom said:

It’s the same lad as was at Boro right?

Remember him being lightning fast but a bit weak and no end product at all, fair play to him he’s obviously put a huge amount of work in to get where he is 

A bit weak....hes like a tank! 

I dont ever remember seeing a player in england with that power and pace. I reckon he could be an international standard sprinter. Was unplayable at times. Seems to have a decent end product now. 

I am sure a few big clubs are keeping an eye out. 

23 minutes ago, benhben said:

I dont ever remember seeing a player in england with that power and pace. I reckon he could be an international standard sprinter. Was unplayable at times. Seems to have a decent end product now. 

The funniest thing he did was hold off a couple of Liverpool players beat them and then...... tonked the ball out of play like a hungover Sunday league player. 😂

Come back Jason Roberts.

49 minutes ago, benhben said:

He is now, seem to remember him being slight at Boro 

14 hours ago, benhben said:

If he does what he did last night consistently he will end up at Liverpool or City 

56 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If he does what he did last night consistently he will end up at Liverpool or City 

That has been Traore's biggest problem thus far; too inconsistent.

Santo is a good manager and has improved him a lot though. But I wonder if old habits will return. He is a joy to watch at the moment though. He had Robertson all over the place.

Minamino came on for Liverpool. He was quiet but looks like a tidy player. He cost roughly the same as Bereton. Liverpool will make the transfer fee back on Japanese merchandise sales alone.

1 minute ago, speeeeeeedie said:

That has been Traore's biggest problem thus far; too inconsistent.

Santo is a good manager and has improved him a lot though. But I wonder if old habits will return. He is a joy to watch at the moment though. He had Robertson all over the place.

Minamino came on for Liverpool. He was quiet but looks like a tidy player. He cost roughly the same as Bereton. Liverpool will make the transfer fee back on Japanese merchandise sales alone.

Ya, not like for like though. I mean it's not like we could have just signed him instead of Brereton. You get these bargains transfer fees from time to time, we had a good few under Hughes