speeeeeeedie

Premier League Stuff

59 minutes ago, Stuart said:

There has NEVER been a season like this where one team has gone so far ahead. It’s not just about being the best. It’s about the treatment of other teams. The league and Sky also continue to make sure the fixtures have City playing catch up. As they did throughout the run-in last season.

They are World Club champions, European champions ; there is a reason which is that they are the best. Your comments have said nothing about Liverpool but a lot about you.

23 hours ago, DE. said:

David "I Get Wins" Moyes with one league win in his first six matches, dropping WHU into the relegation zone. 

and 4 of their next 6 games are away ..... at Liverpool, Manchester City, Tottenham and Arsenal .... 😀

21 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

and 4 of their next 6 games are away ..... at Liverpool, Manchester City, Tottenham and Arsenal .... 😀

To paraphrase Kevin Keegan I would love it if Moyes relegated West Ham - love it. It would be nice if your lot went down with them but as long as Dyche is around I don't think you're in any real danger. 

8 hours ago, Stuart said:

There has NEVER been a season like this where one team has gone so far ahead. It’s not just about being the best. It’s about the treatment of other teams. The league and Sky also continue to make sure the fixtures have City playing catch up. As they did throughout the run-in last season.

Not again Stuart. I thought that you'd given up flogging this dead horse a long time ago and you'd put your tinfoil hat away.

Liverpool won't win the league because of a Sky/VAR conspiracy. They'll win it because they have a load of excellent players who are managed by one of the best in the game.

City have been inconsistent this year. Last summer they lost their talisman in Kompany. It wasn't only his defending that they've missed, it's also his leadership.

13 hours ago, DE. said:

To paraphrase Kevin Keegan I would love it if Moyes relegated West Ham - love it. It would be nice if your lot went down with them but as long as Dyche is around I don't think you're in any real danger. 

Well, thanks for the good wishes !! 😂

On 02/02/2020 at 18:03, Stuart said:

They’ve had the benefit of VAR more than any other club. Starts to play into the psychology of the competition. It has certainly done for Guardiola.

You think I’m banging on about Liverpool. Wait til they win the thing. :rolleyes:

Not sure that's true at all var is flawed but to say it benefits teams over others is just wrong.

I don't know what to make of this; Bournemouth players complain about ref giving them grief

A couple of Bournemouth players are accusing Jon Moss of making snarky disrespectful comments to them during their last game against Sheffield Utd. They want the FA to investigate.

It is a bit rich for footballers to be complaining about ref's when they give them no end of abuse, but ref's should rise above. If true, should the referee be disciplined, or should the players keep their trap's shut as they give enough out?

Just now, speeeeeeedie said:

I don't know what to make of this; Bournemouth players complain about ref giving them grief

A couple of Bournemouth players are accusing Jon Moss of making snarky disrespectful comments to them during their last game against Sheffield Utd. They want the FA to investigate.

It is a bit rich for footballers to be complaining about ref's when they give them no end of abuse, but ref's should rise above. If true, should the referee be disciplined, or should the players keep their trap's shut as they give enough out?

I remember Coleman criticising Moss' attitude after he helped Stanley get knocked out the cup. A terrible ref who is so unfit that he can't keep up with play, he should have been pensioned of years ago.

10 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Everyone seems to be trying to say that this is a bit of a storm in a tea cup, but I think it's fairly disgraceful from Moss and smacks of an inherent bias against a certain team.

Of course you would ideally  like your referees to have a bit of personality and have a bit of banter with the players but above all you need them to be completely impartial. You need the ref to be bantering with all 22 players not having a laugh and a joke with one set of players and going all star struck and weak at the knees because say Rooney or Gerrard are on the pitch and being completely dismissive of the other team like you usually see.

Do you think everyone would be taking it so flippantly if instead of dissing little old Bournemouth he was going round reminding the Man City players how far they were behind Liverpool? 

I suspect not.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51487803

I see that Brighton are this seasons team to get unwanted publicity from a mid season break, with Shane Duffy unsurprisingly involved.

Didn't realise that they were so close to the relegation zone. Hughton was outed for his "boring" football and I think to be honest once he gets promoted, progressing in the Premier League is often somewhat beyond him perhaps. They got in the supposedly exciting Graham Potter who for me didnt particularly do anything overly impressive last season, spent plenty of money and dont seem to have improved at all.

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I see that Brighton are this seasons team to get unwanted publicity from a mid season break, with Shane Duffy unsurprisingly involved.

Yeah and he never intended to disrespect Jack at all. Liar. Had he thrown down an armband to commemorate something Liverpool related we would never hear the end of it.

Edited by Vinjay

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Didn't realise that they were so close to the relegation zone. Hughton was outed for his "boring" football and I think to be honest once he gets promoted, progressing in the Premier League is often somewhat beyond him perhaps. They got in the supposedly exciting Graham Potter who for me didnt particularly do anything overly impressive last season, spent plenty of money and dont seem to have improved at all.

Potter has them playing good football now. Owner and fans happy. Owner give him a new 5 and half years contract after being there only a few months. You need to look into the reasons why their.owner did this? 

Look at the mess Swansea was in when he took over. And he managed to stop them going down again. Alot of Swansea's problems are off the pitch with finance of the club in terms of wages, debt. Plus players wages horrifying imo. Now they are changing it there slowly. 

Good football that has them in an almost identical position? Theyve even reverted back to using Glenn Murray even giving him a new contract. A 5 and a half year contract is ridicilious.

Swansea "not going down again" wasnt an achievement. He had an OK season. 

16 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Is it me or is that a non-story? Is it a hot new trend to huff illicit substances from balloons? My guess is that it was helium. Hardly newsworthy.

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Good football that has them in an almost identical position? Theyve even reverted back to using Glenn Murray even giving him a new contract. A 5 and a half year contract is ridicilious.

Swansea "not going down again" wasnt an achievement. He had an OK season. 

Swansea could have done a Sunderland very quickly and suffer double relegation in back to back seasons. Their wages they were playing at Premier League was unsustainable. in Potter's season they bought in 50 millions from players plus players loan out on high wages. Only spent 7 millions on incoming transfers. Look at the cutbacks made this season at Swansea and changing the squad around and going for younger squad and bringing a number of loan players who played for Cooper at England level

On Brighton, Potter is changing the style of play there and their fans and owners seems happy with that. Nothing wrong with having a plan B in Murray is there. A 5 and half contract shows the faith the owner and Sporting Director have in him

Man City banned from "Champions" League for 2 years nd fined (extorted) 30 million!

This might turn out for best if they get the world's best lawyers, team together with other FUP hating clubs and crush the bastards in court.

2 minutes ago, Vinjay said:

Man City banned from "Champions" League for 2 years nd fined (extorted) 30 million!

This might turn out for best if they get the world's best lawyers, team together with other FUP hating clubs and crush the bastards in court.

They will appeal this surely

About time UEFA started taking some serious action over FFP. That'll probably mean Pep is off at the end of the season.

Man City guns blazing:

"In December 2018, the Uefa chief investigator publicly previewed the outcome and sanction he intended to be delivered to Manchester City, before any investigation had even begun."

"Simply put, this is a case initiated by Uefa, prosecuted by Uefa and judged by Uefa. With this prejudicial process now over, the club will pursue an impartial judgment as quickly as possible and will therefore, in the first instance, commence proceedings with the Court of Arbitration for Sport at the earliest opportunity."

I cannot imagine City paying the UEFA scum a single Penny.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

City will appeal and get it reduced or thrown out entirely. No way this ruling stands imo.