speeeeeeedie

Premier League Stuff

Makes me think what will happen to all those "journey city fans" who are only there because they want to see glory. All clubs have this type of "supporter", even we do.

Still in the unlikely event that Pep decides to stay on at least we won't have to put up with him moaning about fixture congestion. 

Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous clubs may fall into the grip of #UEFA and all the odious apparatus of their rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in Zurich, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with confidence and growing strength in court, we shall defend our clubs, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on pitches, we shall fight in the boardrooms, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills, we shall never surrender.

There's a statement that a coalition of FUP hating clubs should put out.

Premier League are apparently obliged to deduct points as well as a result of City being found guilty by UEFA.

Of course there is nothing amiss at Paris St Germain...

There's no chance Man City will not be in the Champions League for two years. There will be an appeal whereby the ban will be dramatically reduced and backdated to the original sentence, meaning they will likely be back in next season. In reality some top UEFA officials accept a nice bribe and go and buy a yacht each.

Id put money on a successful appeal, even if City are 100% guilty of the offence. 

If the ban is upheld though It would be interesting if 5th place then got champions league. Could see Wolves or even Sheff Utd in there!

Edited by benhben

14 minutes ago, benhben said:

Could see Wolves or even Sheff Utd in there!

Think you’ve spotted why there’s every chance the punishment will be toned down...

It's long overdue that UEFA took strong action against this sort of financial doping. I only wish that they were even stronger and threw them out of it this season. 

Edited by Ewood Ace

4 minutes ago, Vinjay said:

Yeah and Rovers should melt down that cheats statue.

The difference being Rovers broke no rules when they won the Premiership. Whereas Man City signed up to the UEFA's FFP and have been adjudged to have broken them. 

Just now, Vinjay said:

I don't care. If Jack had won another title or threatened the CL you can bet United would have pushed for similar rules. Why can't people see this.

Chelsea won back to back titles and challenged in the Champions League yet I don't remember any similar rules coming in. It's not a conspiracy Man City like all clubs who play in UEFA competitions signed up to the FFP rules and they have been found to have broken them. It really is as simple as that.

4 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

It's long overdue that UEFA took strong action against this sort of financial doping. I only wish that they were even stronger and threw them out of it this season. 

UEFA shouldn't be taking action against owners willing to spend their own money on the club. invest in training and ground facilities, youth team, in the area of the Club ground. 

But never take action against clubs and their owners who buy the club and put the club into huge debt like Glazers at Man Utd or Hicks/Gillett at Liverpool(at the time they were owners). 

Would EUFA take action against PSG and their owners? 

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

UEFA shouldn't be taking action against owners willing to spend their own money on the club. invest in training and ground facilities, youth team, in the area of the Club ground. 

Would EUFA take action against PSG and their owners? 

Read what they have been done for, they have not been done for investing in facilities. They have been done for financial irregularities effectively they have been cooking the books.

I sincerely hope that they do take action against PSG if they have breached FFP.

Just seen the Dingles first goal on the news. Talk about a gift. Ings is on the near post defending a left wing corner. The Dingle winger bends the corner in right at Ings. At the last split second Ings steps out of the way and before the Southampton goalie can react the ball is in the back of the net ! Vydra got a good goal though.

I heard that City and Utd were both being punished, but there was no point announcing it for Utd.

16 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Chelsea won back to back titles and challenged in the Champions League yet I don't remember any similar rules coming in. It's not a conspiracy Man City like all clubs who play in UEFA competitions signed up to the FFP rules and they have been found to have broken them. It really is as simple as that.

Don't be silly. UEFA rules and their application depends on who you are.

UEFA, their rules and their application are as bent as a Nine Bob Note and that's before they get applied to English based PL teams.

I hope City tie UEFA up in the Courts of Law for decades to come. Their owner has the cash and just maybe the will to do just that. Better still make that rotten as rats arse organisation fold and implode.

On 14/02/2020 at 19:28, Cherry Blue said:

Makes me think what will happen to all those "journey city fans" who are only there because they want to see glory. All clubs have this type of "supporter", even we do.

I met a Rovers fan from Brighton around the year 2000.

I've no idea why he suddenly started supporting Brighton & Hove Albion sometime in the last decade. 🙊

Edited by Husky

16 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Don't be silly. UEFA rules and their application depends on who you are.

UEFA, their rules and their application are as bent as a Nine Bob Note and that's before they get applied to English based PL teams.

I hope City tie UEFA up in the Courts of Law for decades to come. Their owner has the cash and just maybe the will to do just that. Better still make that rotten as rats arse organisation fold and implode.

You're wrong there. Only mistake UEFA have made is not introducing this in 1992 when that Jack Walker was around.

I can understand people like Thenodrog supporting FUP because they tried to undermine Jack at every opportunity. Others though? Ridiculous.

Anyway guess I'll be getting suspended for 6 hours again as I did for an obviously sarcastic post about Liverpool/United being awarded goals for throws ins from next season.