speeeeeeedie

Premier League Stuff

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

I think if the season is cancelled then there would have to be no promotion/relegation. The legal battles that would ensue for teams who are relegated with games to play would probably cripple the game once and for all and would go on for months ensuring next seasons campaigns would never ever get started! 

Reset and go again?

Lifeline for Bury?

Edited by DanLad

Brenden Rodgers has confirmed this afternoon that three Leicester players have shown symptoms for corona and are being tested, they are self isolating at home.

5 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Brenden Rodgers has confirmed this afternoon that three Leicester players have shown symptoms for corona and are being tested, they are self isolating at home.

A few of our lads against Derby played like they'd been on the ale too. 

Mikel Arteta has tested positive for Coronavirus - the knock on effects will be interesting

Season's gone now, there's no way they'll continue. 

Emergency meeting in the morning 

Amazing they suddenly care now isn’t it!

Posted (edited)

This is mental.

Imagine the amount of hell that will break loose if they cancel the season.

Similarly if they don't! 

Edited by davulsukur

To me 2 things seem pretty clear. 

1) They can't continue the season at present. Forget behind closed doors, players etc. seem just as much as risk so the season has to be paused. 

2) the season can't not have an ending. The implications financial, logistical and otherwise are too big and would open up a huge amount of aggro. 

Therefore to me the only logical thing to do is postpone for a few weeks then restart, and knock the Euros back a year. Any other strategy I feel would be dangerous health and safety wise or just impractical. 

The only thing I’m sure about is that any title wins this season should be stricken (or is it struck) from the record!

31 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

1) They can't continue the season at present. Forget behind closed doors, players etc. seem just as much as risk so the season has to be paused. 

2) the season can't not have an ending. The implications financial, logistical and otherwise are too big and would open up a huge amount of aggro. 

Therefore to me the only logical thing to do is postpone for a few weeks then restart, and knock the Euros back a year. Any other strategy I feel would be dangerous health and safety wise or just impractical. 

I think that's what will end up happening. Euros back a year and a few weeks break for the club season. 

Emergency PL meeting at 10:30

Suspension for "several weeks" expected with immediate effect.

Pre match press conferences already being cancelled.

EFL expected to follow suit.

10 hours ago, Blue blood said:

If the view is taken that all normal  life has to grind to a halt because of the virus then the above  certainly seems the least worst option. The problem is whether the "crisis" such as it is will be any better in a time span as short as a month.

In the meantime the hysteria continues unabated. When Talksport broke the news that Arteta had the virus last night the presenters on the show and people phoning in were talking about the poor guy like he'd died.

10 hours ago, Tom said:

The only thing I’m sure about is that any title wins this season should be stricken (or is it struck) from the record!

EY! EY!! EY!! CALM DOWN SON

352840552_7a9a0a6ec7_c.jpg

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If the view is taken that all normal  life has to grind to a halt because of the virus then the above  certainly seems the least worst option. The problem is whether the "crisis" such as it is will be any better in a time span as short as a month.

In the meantime the hysteria continues unabated. When Talksport broke the news that Arteta had the virus last night the presenters on the show and people phoning in were talking about the poor guy like he'd died.

Think this is a key question. However from the little I understand I think that they are hoping to delay till the warmer weather which will help slow the virus. If this is the case then a month or so at this time of year could make a huge difference. 

Any solution is going to be chaos. Working in education losing school time (as seems inevitable) will have a huge knock on effect on exams. The whole thing is a big mess really and going to have a huge impact. 

Btw whilst there has been hysteria surrounding it (like Arteta) I am not as blase as yourself about it. Being asthmatic I am well prepared for flu, however there is less I can do about the virus, and I suspect that is the case for many. so it really is a bigger deal than a bad case of flu. 

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Normal life simply has to be put on hold.

Whether or not Rovers complete their season is neither here nor there in these circumstances.

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

To be fair, what else would you expect from Talkshite? 

The pilot of the plane which crashed killing Emiliano Sala didn't even have a pilot's license.

28 minutes ago, philipl said:

The pilot of the plane which crashed killing Emiliano Sala didn't even have a pilot's license.

And was colour blind and didn't have any experience of flying at night! I'd want whoever booked that flight in court if I was a family member. 

Oh imagine if the season was made null and void 😂

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Oh imagine if the season was made null and void 😂

Yeah it has that really sweet feeling about it. Liverpool and Leeds shafted using the vernacular.

Its what dreams are made of. The only downside is the endless droning on and on that will come from sky about how unfair it is.

If there’s a vote I’m with null and void

The plan seems to be that the leagues will be cancelled as they are now.

Liverpool crowned Champions.

No relegation.

Leeds and West Brom promoted.

No play offs.

22 teams in the PL next season only.

No EFL cup to accomodate the additional matches.

5 teams to be relegated next season to bring it back to 20 teams.

Liverpool being so far ahead makes that decision easy. Relegation/promotion och champions League qualification less so. Either a boatload of money will be paid "quietly" or expect legal battles all over the place...

Bolton will be hoping that’s the case, a game or two away from being confirmed as relegated and are going to scab it, ironically that 5 point deferred deduction would have tipped the balance 

20 hours ago, philipl said:

Have they ever published who actually made the choice of plane/pilot?

I know there were lots of denials and links to former agents but the focus seems to be on making the pilot the sole culprit...