speeeeeeedie

Premier League Stuff

47 minutes ago, Hasta said:

When I was in my early twenties I had a few good nights out in Burnley.

It didn't give me any sort of footballing dilemma although if asked where I came from I did say Haslingden a few times !

As their accent is very different to most Lancashire accents, my Accy/Blackburn hybrid accent sticks out like a sore thumb over there!

It has raised a few questions from the natives, but I work in Nelson, so know plenty of Burnley fans and also from home, so I’ve always been alright! 

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

Yeah me I'm usually depressed after a loss (maybe my choice of games) or use it as an excuse to see mates and family in other parts of the country. 

Many of my away games where I enjoyed night outs were when we had Hughes or Allardyce as manager in the Premier League days. 

Not my point! My point was not whether you could access them. Rather given as a Rovers fan you probably dislike manure and Chelsea (and you really as a football fan should) that regardless of how good the nightlife is there, you wouldn't want these teams to do well. I'm pointing out that it is not a good idea, in fact it is illogical, to link wishing a team to do well based on the quality of the local nightlife. 

I don't dislike Chelsea at all. I hope they do well with Lampard in charge. I don't dislike or Like Man Utd one way or other now. Very different thoughts comparing my days as a child at primary school. 

The inconsistent runs we have been on, not being in top 6 all season, the injuries (or now the coming back from injuries getting up to speed) our bottling it when we had a chance to get in top 6, the chopping and changing of the team, the playing players out of position, the reliance on other teams to mess up, our history in this division and - less empiracal I admit - my gut feeling. All the others are fact based though.

Oh and so sorry for forgetting our bat nuts incompetent owners. Every little hinders. 

As long as we are top 6 by end of the season I'm not assed about now. 

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Many of my away games where I enjoyed night outs were when we had Hughes or Allardyce as manager in the Premier League days. 

I don't dislike Chelsea at all. I hope they do well with Lampard in charge. I don't dislike or Like Man Utd one way or other now. Very different thoughts comparing my days as a child at primary school. 

Well you can substitute whatever teams you don't like in the point still stands. Do you see the point I am making though?

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

As long as we are top 6 by end of the season I'm not assed about now. 

Well this doesn't wash for 2 reasons. 

Reason 1 is that we are arsed about now as the now has a big impact on whether we can make top 6 at the end of the sesson! Clearly being a few points off is much better then say if we were in Wigan's position. So yeah, I think we are arsed about where we are now. 

Reason 2 is that you have diverted the conversation again. You asked why won't we be top 6, I gave you a list of reasons why we won't be top 6, and you have ignored the validity of them all saying only the final position matters. The question was why won't we make top 6 to which I gave a (what I thought) was a rather compelling answer. Rather than engage with it at all - which of my points are valid, which you disagree with and why, what are the reasons that you think we will make it - you change it to a statement seperate from this debate that only the final position matters. One is a statement of liklihood and engaging analytically about the team, the other is just sidestepping it into a cliche. I appreciate there is room to get top 6 - but the original question which you have ignored, is how likely this is. Do you see the difference and the verbal dodging that you have done? 

You have to laugh at the Newcastle fans they have been great moralists for years against Mike Ashely and his businesses and yet they cannot contain their excitement at being bought by a man who makes Mike Ashley look like a combination of Mother Teresa, Florence Nightingale and father Christmas. 

The authorities simply must act to stop this deal happening. If this was Rovers in this situation then I'd rather have another 50 years of the Venkys than have the butcher Bin Salman's money anywhere near my club.

Posted (edited)

Yes, when you think " We couldn't have worse owners than the " Chicken Chokers " you look at that guy and think " Yes we could ".

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Have to wonder how many of those who want to block the deal also happen to support FUP. 

I'm sure if Venkys were running a country it wouldn't be a democracy. 

Posted (edited)

Edited by Stuart

We have Arabs who work people to death owning clubs, so why not someone who orders murders in embassies and encourages Suicide bombers?

1 hour ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

We have Arabs who work people to death owning clubs, so why not someone who orders murders in embassies and encourages Suicide bombers?

Or “characters “ as vinjay would say 😂

21 hours ago, Stuart said:

“Sack the board... sack the board, sack the board, sack the board..”
“We want Arabs out, say we want Arabs out...”

Just imagine when all this starts- a club that has ungrateful supporters, that protest at the drop of a hat, matched with an Arab owner who won’t have ever seen a protest.... 

It’s obviously been approved for comedy value! 

Who are the more entitled ingrates, Newcastle or Arsenal fans?

I'm giving it to the Gooners myself. AFTV borders on parody.

6 hours ago, philipl said:

The Geordies need not worry. The FA will be along soon enough with its trusty brush and a bit of old carpet to sweep the issue under.

Random transfer generators will be able to carry on linking over priced has beens and nearly men with the club.