speeeeeeedie

Premier League Stuff

They haven’t showed the usual graphic, clearly someone forgot to turn it on today 

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

He would have but scared to question the IT, maybe not allowed to.

Surely it is still part of their job to get the correct decision. I hope it is not that the premier league don’t want Sheff Utd to win.

As they say VAR could (or should) have stepped in. If Villa survived this season that error could be worth £millions.

12 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Absolutely a goal. Keeper had ball in his hand but from side he took it into side net inside the goal. 

Where is VAR?

Bizarre, isn’t it? They said at HT that they could have used VAR to overturn it....

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Bizarre, isn’t it? They said at HT that they could have used VAR to overturn it....

They should have acknowledged the error at half time and given them the goal. Too late now. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Posted (edited)

Just flicked on the Villa game. Proper weird without a crowd sound.

I feel like I make the crowd sounds in my head when something happens. Odd.

Edited by davulsukur

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Just flicked on the Villa game. Proper weird without a crowd sound.

I feel like I make the crowd sounds in my head when something happens. Odd.

I've got it via a US channel with crowd sound which sounds like static inteference. The channel did acknowledge this at half time and said that the PL had promised to improve it in future, still in testing stage. 

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Almost the first BCD goal due to tippy tappy in defence. It will happen soon enough.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

On one channel with fake crowd noise and one without it, think I prefer it without 

Didn’t realise that. I’ve been watching with the crowd noise on and, to be fair, it’s quite good. One shot went just past the post and the ‘ooohs’ were spot on. They even had chants of ‘United, United’ when Sheff got a corner. I’m also messing around on my iPad, looking up now and again and it has the feel (with the sound) of a normal game. 

I’ve just switched channels to the non crowd version and it feels like a training match. Credit where it’s due in my opinion.

38 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

He would have but scared to question the IT, maybe not allowed to.

So the officials are now getting paid for not doing their jobs

Just now, rigger said:

So the officials are now getting paid for not doing their jobs

Just heard the the goal line tech was working but that it's view of the ball was blocked. Odd as there was no one swinging on the crossbar at the time. I suppose a side on view may have been interfered with.

I agree the match officials should have done more.

39 minutes ago, rigger said:

Surely it is still part of their job to get the correct decision. I hope it is not that the premier league don’t want Sheff Utd to win.

I never want Sheffield United to win !

Well that was crap, got the MoM right though, that Black lives matter is a decent player

20 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Just heard the the goal line tech was working but that it's view of the ball was blocked. Odd as there was no one swinging on the crossbar at the time. I suppose a side on view may have been interfered with.

I agree the match officials should have done more.

What more ?

Think one of the officials should have stepped in on the "goal". The keeper was leaning on the side netting with the ball so it wasn't even close.

Lazy officiating, not sufficient to sit back and rely on pointing to the goal line watch there imo.

Should have allowed it and put it back in the hands of VAR to disallow it if deemed appropriate.

I couldn’t stand the crowd noise, reminded me of the constant vuvuzela drone 

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Think one of the officials should have stepped in on the "goal". The keeper was leaning on the side netting with the ball so it wasn't even close.

Lazy officiating, not sufficient to sit back and rely on pointing to the goal line watch there imo.

Should have allowed it and put it back in the hands of VAR to disallow it if deemed appropriate.

So easy to criticise sitting on your sofa .

I see Mike Summerbee (aged 77) is deemed essential as Club Ambassador at Manchester City and therefore allowed to go and watch them at the Etihad tonight.

Ever get the feeling they're taking the mick? If anyone shouldn't be there it is blokes in their late 70s in non essential positions.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Tom said:

I couldn’t stand the crowd noise, reminded me of the constant vuvuzela drone 

Really don’t see how you can find it that annoying?! Nothing like the God awful vuvuzela. I actually think it’s pretty decent given what they’ve got to work with.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

6 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

So easy to criticise sitting on your sofa .

Did they get it right, or did they get it wrong?

I'm not saying he shouldn't referee again or anything but it was so obvious someone should have picked it up.

14 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

What more ?

Given a goal might have been a start.

I appreciate you are fishing but the fish ain't biting.

To be fair, at least Masher’s consistent, I thought it was just on Rovers issues he liked to play the contrarian.

“Black Lives Matter” on the shirts,and of course they do. But remember when the poppy wasn’t allowed on England shirts, and some PL and EFL players chose not to wear a poppy on their club shirts. The poppy stands for the memory of lost servicemen and women of all colours and creeds. Just a thought.

4 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

“Black Lives Matter” on the shirts,and of course they do. But remember when the poppy wasn’t allowed on England shirts, and some PL and EFL players chose not to wear a poppy on their club shirts. The poppy stands for the memory of lost servicemen and women of all colours and creeds. Just a thought.

That’s because FIFA made that call and not the Premier League.

Hawk Eye has apologised and said ball was over line but they cocked up.

City game is like a morgue.