speeeeeeedie

Premier League Stuff

Just watched some of West Ham v Wolves. Borefest. The number of times players attempt to beat their opponents, but running back towards their own nets and not the ones they’re trying to score into, is unbelievable.

It’s a wonder any of them score, at times. Show any of them the top flight Boxing Day results from 1963 and they would think they were from basketball, not football.

West Ham losing,what a shame for the lovely Hammers fans,hopefully we''ll replace them in the Prem next season

Posted (edited)

Wolves just scored a great goal. Wide man attempts to beat a man down the wing, instead of stopping dead and passing the ball backwards. Beats his man, to the byline and puts in a perfect cross that the incoming forward can’t miss. How football used to be played.

Edited by Claytons Left Boot

Posted (edited)

My oh my. Wide man, almost to byline, superb cross and a worldie from the Wolves man coming in at the back post. Someone tell these PL managers, that’s the way to play. Always causes problems but very few adopt it these days. 0-2.

West Ham are shee-ite with a capital ‘s.’

Edited by Claytons Left Boot

Traore is a great player but the fact he cant get a starting place in the Wolves team shows the strength of  the Prem and what we'd be up against with our squad if we ever got promoted back up to the Prem

6 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Traore is a great player but the fact he cant get a starting place in the Wolves team shows the strength of  the Prem and what we'd be up against with our squad if we ever got promoted back up to the Prem

No, we would be up against the likes of Brighton, Bournemouth, Southampton, Burnley, Watford. Etc. So I think we would have a chance.

Bournemouth look pretty pants and sluggish. Palace have been very organised, hard to break down and far more up for it.

If only our defence was so tough when Woy managed us.

Hodgson has Palace well drilled and organised. Milivojevic was a good free kick and very good at shielding the back 4. 

Bournemouth are poor going forward. No spark or creativity.

On 23/06/2016 at 13:08, BlueMonday said:

He's signed a 4 year deal so you'd have to say he's passing up on his last chance to move to one of the 'Big' Clubs.

Good on him.

Look at the table. At this moment in time Arsenal are not a big club. They are a club with a big history 

So if Liverpool win tonight am I right in thinking they will be crowned champions.

Be interesting to see if how the people and fans of Liverpool react. Can’t help thinking there will be a lot of negative headlines in tomorrow’s paper 

18 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

So if Liverpool win tonight am I right in thinking they will be crowned champions.

Be interesting to see if how the people and fans of Liverpool react. Can’t help thinking there will be a lot of negative headlines in tomorrow’s paper 

Nah, they need one more win.

16 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

No, one more win at least to go after today.

Man City had to lose midweek for them to take the title today.

I think it might be a draw today too.

Liverpool only won once in last 9 visits to Goodison. 

Suppose no home fans may factor in to that today though. 

Liverpool were awful. No tempo to their play. Also felt that Ancelotti got his tactics spot on by playing deeper and denying them space in behind. 

There has been no tempo to what I have seen of any game really. You remove the dynamic of having fans in attendance and its not the same. Chuck in players not being close to fitness and you create some shocking spectacles.

Posted (edited)

A Liverpool fan on facebook that i know was kicking off that Everton have nothing to play for and therefore should have basically just let Liverpool win.

"what are they fighting for 12th?"

Edited by davulsukur

35 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

There has been no tempo to what I have seen of any game really. You remove the dynamic of having fans in attendance and its not the same. Chuck in players not being close to fitness and you create some shocking spectacles.

I agree with the lack of tempo and intensity. With one exception every game I have seen has had a real pre season friendly feel to it. I do understand though that it's sometimes the crowd that can help with the tempo but in some games the players just don't seen motivated. This will probably get worse as various situations are resolved.

Just now, arbitro said:

I agree with the lack of tempo and intensity. With one exception every game I have seen has had a real pre season friendly feel to it. I do understand though that it's sometimes the crowd that can help with the tempo but in some games the players just don't seen motivated. This will probably get worse as various situations are resolved.

Agreed, I dont know if its necessarily that the players arent motivated but that edge is really taken off without fans. The Merseyside derby was a perfect example, it was very difficult to stay fully concentrated because instead of a full house at a derby game where Liverpool could go to one game away from winning the title, it instead felt like a training exercise.

I was quite vocal in that I didnt really understand the excitement of the football returning as much as I love watching football. I felt that people were being naive to how much of a difference it would be without fans. My main worry was how important or therefore unimportant it would feel to win games knowing that there would be no one to see not only the individual wins but also the end result, the title win, the promotion, the relegation, all in front of absolutely no one. And that still stands. But the actual quality, intensity and tempo of the games has also dropped, losing that edge and that competitiveness.

One thing that I would say is that I suppose you also have to factor in the lack of fitness, to go into such a hectic schedule after 100+ days of no football with very little training time, and maybe a couple of friendlies max under the players belt is very difficult. That being said, once the players start getting up to speed the season will be ending! So it is like going through the motions.

You could also take a stand alone borefest like that Villa v Sheffield United game and suggest that, fans or no fans, you will get games like that from time to time, but it certainly was a game that summed up the rule rather than the exception.

I suspect that Sky and co are going to have a tough job promoting this "feast of football" if the games continue to be like watching paint dry, and I predict that it may be unavoidable.

38 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

A Liverpool fan on facebook that i know was kicking off that Everton have nothing to play for and therefore should have basically just let Liverpool win.

"what are they fighting for 12th?"

Liverpool fans are just the worst.

I watched all four games back to back yesterday and the Leeds Cardiff game was the best by a mile

Dyche has voiced his displeasured that Burnley board haven't extend contracts for 6 weeks of players out of contract this summer before the Man City game. very unlike Dyche. The Burnley bench has only 7 subs on and 5 out of the 7 haven't played for the 1st team before.

I wonder if Dyche will be looking to move clubs if their right club comes in for him. He was linked with Palace if Hodgson does leave.

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dyche has voiced his displeasured that Burnley board haven't extend contracts for 6 weeks of players out of contract this summer before the Man City game. very unlike Dyche. The Burnley bench has only 7 subs on and 5 out of the 7 haven't played for the 1st team before.

I wonder if Dyche will be looking to move clubs if their right club comes in for him. He was linked with Palace if Hodgson does leave.

Dyche is clearly making a statement to the Burnley board with his selection. This might just be the beginning of the end.

Of Burnley's 7 subs 2 are keepers.

Just now, arbitro said:

Dyche is clearly making a statement to the Burnley board with his selection. This might just be the beginning of the end.

I agree there. 

Will Burnley board give him funds this summer? 

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Would Palace really be a step up?

Yes