speeeeeeedie

Premier League Stuff

11 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Last 11 League Games, W 7 D 3 L 1  .... It'll have to do ...!

What that tells me is how weak the Prem is apart from the top echelon who only seem to lose to each other.

After watching last nights match, sadly 'that lot' have become what we used to be. Well coached and drilled, clear game plan, every player knowing their role, tactically astute, square pegs in square holes and never looked like conceding once they went ahead.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch.... in the words of Jim Royle, 'Possession based football my ar$e' !

Posted (edited)

My thoughts really this article. The ‘all round product’ is what makes the PL the behemoth it is. Actual quality of football? There is an element of pulling back the curtain with an empty ground.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53220831

Edited by Mattyblue

11 minutes ago, Stonesrick said:

After watching last nights match, sadly 'that lot' have become what we used to be. Well coached and drilled, clear game plan, every player knowing their role, tactically astute, square pegs in square holes and never looked like conceding once they went ahead.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch.... in the words of Jim Royle, 'Possession based football my ar$e' !

It's an easy game to play - it's just that some managers insist on complicating it.

13 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

I'd be sad to see him go, obviously ! I can understand both points of view, Dyche wants the investment to progress on the field, whilst Mike Garlick sees himself as the " custodian " of a historic Club. He remembers both the " Orient " game, and the " ITV Digital " fiasco, both of which nearly saw Burnley FC go under ...He's also seen your little " difficulties ", as well as Bolton, Bury and Blackpool's problems, which will have influenced his thinking ....

Ben Gibson was signed for £15m  but has now been banished from Gawthorpe ( 1 EPL appearance, 5 in the Cups ), and is now training with Middlesbrough ! The view of most fans is that Rigg needs to start producing and pronto .... other signings like Brady and Gudmundsson have sparkled in patches, but are injury prone. 

Where would Sean go where he could have such an imprint on a Club ? You can rule the " Big 6 " out, I suspect .... Everton, Newcastle and Wolves think they are " above " his perceived brand of Football . I'm told he's on £3.5m p.a. ( + Bonus ), so I suspect if Aston Villa go down, that may be a possibility. He and Ian Woan share a house near Whalley during the week, whereas he could commute from his home near Kettering, in under an hour to Villa. They are a bigger Club than us, and have infinitely wealthier owners. 

Replacement ? The heart says Paul Cook or Michael Duff, but I honestly don't know .... the names slung around by the media, Alan Pardew or Mark Hughes would be unacceptable to the fans, that's for sure ... 

Was Rigg behind the Gibson, Brady and Gudmundsson? 

On the replacement for Dyche, Would you want a former player to charge if Dyche does go or would you like go for best manager regarding of fan opinions? would a Foreign manager/head coach be a possible choice?

13 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Unless the wages available to any potential manager is uncompetitive, surely an establishing mid table Premier League team could attract better managers than that. Cook has been under fire at Wigan until recently, and Pardew is a no mark, whilst Hughes is well out of touch.

who would you suggest cos you clearly have names in mind? 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I dont, I just find it strange that a side that are on course to end their fourth PL season, 2 of which are going to be top half finishes, maybe even a second European finish, with a few assets to build around like McNeil, Pope and Tarkowski, are being namedropped with Pardew, a shite journeyman, Hughes who hasnt been good for a long, long while, Cook who has taken plenty of stick at a struggling Wigan side and Duff who has not managed close to the Premier League.

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont, I just find it strange that a side that are on course to end their fourth PL season, 2 of which are going to be top half finishes, maybe even a second European finish, with a few assets to build around like McNeil, Pope and Tarkowski, are being namedropped with Pardew, a shite journeyman, Hughes who hasnt been good for a long, long while, Cook who has taken plenty of stick at a struggling Wigan side and Duff who has not managed close to the Premier League.

Question is what are Burnley's ambitions and long terms. Plus do they have money to spend or will they have to spend McNeil or Pope to balance the books. 

Thats will play a big part of their next appointment and going forward. 

Also what role with Mike Rigg had on the next appointment. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Was Rigg behind the Gibson, Brady and Gudmundsson? 

On the replacement for Dyche, Would you want a former player to charge if Dyche does go or would you like go for best manager regarding of fan opinions? would a Foreign manager/head coach be a possible choice?

Not sure about Rigg's involvement in those signings ...  

Obviously, I'd go for the best manager available, fans were muttering " Sean who ? " when the gravel-voiced wonder was appointed, and look at us now ! To be honest, I don't know must about Foreign football to express a view. If he does go, whoever comes in knows they'll get time, Eddie Howe left for personal reasons, Coyle went off to Bolton, Cotterall was by mutual consent, and Stan Ternent's contract was not renewed ... only Brian Laws has had the dreaded " meeting without Coffee "  since June 1998 !! 

34 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Not sure about Rigg's involvement in those signings ...  

Obviously, I'd go for the best manager available, fans were muttering " Sean who ? " when the gravel-voiced wonder was appointed, and look at us now ! To be honest, I don't know must about Foreign football to express a view. If he does go, whoever comes in knows they'll get time, Eddie Howe left for personal reasons, Coyle went off to Bolton, Cotterall was by mutual consent, and Stan Ternent's contract was not renewed ... only Brian Laws has had the dreaded " meeting without Coffee "  since June 1998 !! 

If Dyche does go, I don't think you'll be short of decent managers applying for the job. You're due a bad 'un mate, fingers crossed.

This boy Greenwood is a very special talent. 

11 hours ago, Stonesrick said:

We played more interesting football.

Newcastle very impressive tonight. Saint Maximin very good. 

Bournemouth are going down. Players performance and attitude tonight looks like they know it. 

Will they stick with Howe in the championship if they go down? I would say yes

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Newcastle very impressive tonight. Saint Maximin very good. 

Bournemouth are going down. Players performance and attitude tonight looks like they know it. 

I would think so, knows the league and how to get out of it. 

Posted (edited)

Just got in from work and settling down to the West Ham Chelsea game. Would love to see the hammers go down. Admittedly I have only seen rice play a handful of games live but I’m struggling to see what all the fuss is about . Their is murmurings of him replacing Fernandinho at city ( who I have had the pleasure of watching live for four seasons and is exceptional at what he does) . Rice looks ok in a poor side but England call ups and talk of transfers to big teams I just don’t see it. I will be watching him tonight to see if I have got him wrong. On the other hand I really rate that pulisic lad. 

Edited by Oldgregg86

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Probably but they shouldn't. Even if they stayed up they shouldn't. Both Bournemouth and Eddie Howe look like they need a fresh start.

2 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Just got in from work and settling down to the West Ham Chelsea game. Would love to see the hammers go down. Admittedly I have only seen rice play a handful of games live but I’m struggling to see what all the fuss is about . Their is murmurings of him replacing Fernandinho at city ( who I have had the pleasure of watching live for four seasons and is exceptional at what he does) . Rice looks ok in a poor side but England call ups and talk of transfers to big teams I just don’t see it. I will be watching him tonight to see if I have got him wrong. On the other hand I really rate that pulisic lad. 

Rice on his few England appearances has looked very poor. I agree with you, dont understand the hype.

The game has gone well and truly mad. Never in a million years is that offside.

Good game of football that. The first game that I have been able to really get into since it came back. West Ham well deserved winners in the end.

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Good game of football that. The first game that I have been able to really get into since it came back. West Ham well deserved winners in the end.

Agreed. I thoroughly enjoyed that.

2 good games of football on yesterday. Bournemouth Newcastle game and West Ham Chelsea game. 

22 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Another game of backwards-sideways-backwards just started. 

It's more exciting watching them just blow the balls up in Rugby League.

31 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It's more exciting watching them just blow the balls up in Rugby League.

😆 Too right, only a few weeks to go now.

Spurs disallowed goal tonight.VAR what a joke.

Bugger, I was thinking of putting a bet on City to score 5+ goals tonight on the basis that half the Liverpool players would still be hung over. Wish I had now.