speeeeeeedie

Premier League Stuff

11 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

I know what you mean, so unsurprisingly I like it. Say what you want about Pretty Green, but it’s not the worst gear out there - at least they think about pattern and cut and don’t just shove a stone island badge on Uniqlo level basics.

Paisley away shirt - sign me up!

You mustn't have been around in the late 1960's, I saw enough Paisley prints then to last several life times ! I have a couple of " Pretty Green " polo shirts and they're up there was most good manufacturers ( Lacoste etc ) but they're not in the " Paul & Shark " class.

3 minutes ago, A Northern Horde... said:

You a bit of a Terrace dandy Tyrone?

;)

Not really, I just like nice clothes. Just because I'm a pensioner it doesn't mean I have to dress like one.

26 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You mustn't have been around in the late 1960's, I saw enough Paisley prints then to last several life times ! I have a couple of " Pretty Green " polo shirts and they're up there was most good manufacturers ( Lacoste etc ) but they're not in the " Paul & Shark " class.

Nah Polos have to always be Ralph Lauren or All Saints the slim fits are great. That said I wouldn’t wear stone island! I remember once Burberry being the scallies favourite that seems to have swapped. Would have said pretty green is more of a hipster type brand 

31 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Nah Polos have to always be Ralph Lauren or All Saints the slim fits are great. That said I wouldn’t wear stone island! I remember once Burberry being the scallies favourite that seems to have swapped. Would have said pretty green is more of a hipster type brand 

The quality with the likes of Ralph Lauren ( Gant, Calvin Klein, Marlboro etc ) has gone South over the last decade. They're nowhere near as good as they used to be. I've got a Burberry polo that's OK, no better than that. The best polo I ever bought was a black " Sand " ( a Danish brand ) It's about 20 years old at least, been washed a thousand times, and still looks brand new.  Slim fit ? Mm I'd rather not. " Paul & Shark " are my go to brand now. I get one every year out in Spain when it's sale time and they're £70 and not £140.

Just watching Arsenal v Watford. Amazing, for probably the first time this season and in their final game, Watford have abandoned the backwards-sideways-backwards drivel that they (and every other team) normally play. Playing the ball forward into midfield, turn and go forward again, spraying the ball out wide and crosses coming in. Fec*ing hell, it’s like football of old. Game wide open, as you would expect. Missed the Arsenal penalty but Watford should have equalised at least once. Currently Arsenal 1 Watford 0. Bournemouth one up at Everton.

Bournemouth are fighting for this. They need to keep in front and hope Wham can do them a favour.

Watford are down and out. Troy Deeney is probably the only one fighting for them at the moment. Respectable footballer.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Bournemouth are fighting for this. They need to keep in front and hope Wham can do them a favour.

Watford are down and out. Troy Deeney is probably the only one fighting for them at the moment. Respectable footballer.

He’s a fine example of how one can come from a certain form of upbringing and choose who they want to be, he’s actually also had a spell inside in his younger days. Turned his life round, great footballer and refreshing to listen too. All credit to the bloke. No wonder he’s the only one out there giving a shit. He’s the only normal person out there.

Edited by Scotland1

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The quality with the likes of Ralph Lauren ( Gant, Calvin Klein, Marlboro etc ) has gone South over the last decade. They're nowhere near as good as they used to be. I've got a Burberry polo that's OK, no better than that. The best polo I ever bought was a black " Sand " ( a Danish brand ) It's about 20 years old at least, been washed a thousand times, and still looks brand new.  Slim fit ? Mm I'd rather not. " Paul & Shark " are my go to brand now. I get one every year out in Spain when it's sale time and they're £70 and not £140.

I had a rare trip to do a bit of clothes buying the other day. Ended up with a couple of Ben Sherman shirts for half price at TK Max.

At my age, definitely not slimfit!

Flicking between a few games and I know end of season games can be flat but there’s so much of this at walking pace.

Having no fans has really taken a lot of the tension out of it 

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I like Paul Smith 

Watford almost equalised. Wish all football was like this. End to end and exciting. Stays Arsenal 3 Watford 2.

Amazing that in a season where technology is used in all the games goal line technology not working has saved Villa and relegated Bournemouth 

Wonder if there is a legal battle coming!

That United team finishing 3rd tells you all you need to know about the PL this year. Sad.

Just now, DE. said:

That United team finishing 3rd tells you all you need to know about the PL this year. Sad.

That Utd team with Rashford, Greenwood, Martial and Fernandes all firing is actually quite dangerous. Not to mention the addition of Fernandes has finally got a consistent tune out of Pogba.

Martial is an extremely inconsistent player. Greenwood is decent but still very raw. Rashford still isn't sure whether he's a striker or a wide-forward. A lot of potential there but far from the finished product.

Fernandes has been one hell of a signing, though. Pretty much single-handedly revived their season. Obviously they are also fortunate that Chelsea & Arsenal appointed rookies to the manager's position, Spurs bombed out early in the season and Leicester lost their nerve when it mattered. 

When you think of the money involved at the top end of the game, Liverpool & City being that far ahead of the rest is pretty embarrassing. I don't see too much changing next season, although I suppose we will have to wait and see how the pandemic affects clubs during the pre-season. I'm sure some clubs will be affected much worse than others.   

6 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I've got 3 Fred Perry ltd edition polos that I bought in 95/96, cost £40 each then, worn and and washed 1000 times also, still like brand new. Got RL and YSL I've had for 4/5 years that I only use for painting/gardening etc

Pickford is a dismal keeper, made another horrendous mistake. If he is still England number 1 over Pope then he must have something on Southgate.

Well done to Villa. Pleased for Dean Smith. Done a good job. 

Where Watford go next for their head coach I don't know. Are they going to carry on with the Director of football and head coach structure plus firing and hiring head coach a couple of times a season. 

I expect Howe to stay at Bournemouth and revamp their squad but will turn over of players with King and Callum Wilson linked with moves away recently. 

Im not sure that Howe should stay on at Bournemouth. Should not be getting relegated with the amount of money spent. Hes been there a long time so maybe time for a change.

Villa should have survived given their outlay last summer. 

Bournemouth shouldn't even be allowed into the Championship until their misdemeanours are dealt with. They should be starting on minus points and be facing anarchy with their wage bill.

I completely forgot this was PL final day. 

Had an early sleep and woke up to watch the Playoff game.

What have Bournemouth been up to?