speeeeeeedie

Premier League Stuff

49 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Steve Howey was on SSN fighting back tears. 

^_^

Newcastle fans and some of the media would have us believe that nobody else have ever had bad owners in the past. The favourable treatment they get is unreal.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

The Saudi's have pulled out of trying to buy Newcastle. Good news for football.

Yeah in the grand scheme of things Ace you’re right. It doesn’t take away the mega rich people already there though. 

What it does show is that the PL organisation value their revenue above all else. They have oversaw a damn lot of bad takeovers for the involved clubs but have just stopped a sure thing recipe for success (Saudi backer will equal success eventually) simply because of broadcasting and ultimately money. 

They are a horrible organisation 

Edited by Dreams of 1995

Wish the PL had scrutinised the Rao family as much as they have this takeover deal. 🙄

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

The Saudi's have pulled out of trying to buy Newcastle. Good news for football.

Overall its good news. I watched some Newcastle fans on SSN in bits and complaining about the PL taking so long. Think they need to come back to reality. What they want was to be a super rich club able to buy who they want and be one of the biggest clubs in the world. This wont be happening now. Ashley hasn't be good owner but he has financial back the club including wages when they went down. They had some crazy decisions in the manager hotseat like Joe Kinnear or appointment of Dennis Wise. Bruce isn't the best manager in the world but done a good job there so far. 

53 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Wish the PL had scrutinised the Rao family as much as they have this takeover deal. 🙄

What part pf the Rao Family would you like them to look into? They don't have any legal authority. 

If you look at who was part of the Saudi takeover you can see why the PL took so long and why so many organisations had a problem with the takeover.

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Overall its good news. I watched some Newcastle fans on SSN in bits and complaining about the PL taking so long. Think they need to come back to reality. What they want was to be a super rich club able to buy who they want and be one of the biggest clubs in the world. This wont be happening now. Ashley hasn't be good owner but he has financial back the club including wages when they went down. They had some crazy decisions in the manager hotseat like Joe Kinnear or appointment of Dennis Wise. Bruce isn't the best manager in the world but done a good job there so far. 

What part pf the Rao Family would you like them to look into? They don't have any legal authority. 

If you look at who was part of the Saudi takeover you can see why the PL took so long and why so many organisations had a problem with the takeover.

Oh that’s good then, let’s just accept that only the ‘Big 6’ can be successful in this country then. Good job the same thing didn’t happen when Jack bought us 

Just now, Kie_BRFC said:

Oh that’s good then, let’s just accept that only the ‘Big 6’ can be successful in this country then. Good job the same thing didn’t happen when Jack bought us 

Have you seen the Newcastle fans on SSN today?

What do we reckon the split would be on here if the Saudis tried to take us over? (I know it's an extremely extreme hypothetical scenario)

I'm sure the vast majority would be pro-Saudi takeover.

1 hour ago, Tugay-is-God said:

What do we reckon the split would be on here if the Saudis tried to take us over? (I know it's an extremely extreme hypothetical scenario)

I'm sure the vast majority would be pro-Saudi takeover.

Absolutely not. out of the frying pan........into another nasty regime fire.

I wonder how many billions of Pounds in lost trade contracts this debacle will cost the UK.

I also suspect the way it's happened is to save a bit of Saudi face, better them pulling out than being rejected.

Newcastle fans have started a petition to get the PL investigated after the deal.to make them the richest club in the world fell through.

I seem to remember when Rovers fans were asking other fans to sign a petition to have our takeover investigated, it fell on deaf ears, along with comments like "The championship is your natural level"

So, nar, I don't think I'll sign that one.

8 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Newcastle fans have started a petition to get the PL investigated after the deal.to make them the richest club in the world fell through.

I seem to remember when Rovers fans were asking other fans to sign a petition to have our takeover investigated, it fell on deaf ears, along with comments like "The championship is your natural level"

So, nar, I don't think I'll sign that one.

Does make me laugh when i think back to the 'You bought the league' style comments that we always got. It was as if we cheated back then but in all honesty, pure jealousy from fans of most clubs that we had an owner willing to put a lot of money into the club. Newcastle fans are demonstrating this to the extreme in their desire to be a hugely rich club - they don't give a toss who the owner is, what he stands for or what his motives are, they just want to be a rich club so they can become the next Chelsea or City. 

11 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Does make me laugh when i think back to the 'You bought the league' style comments that we always got. It was as if we cheated back then but in all honesty, pure jealousy from fans of most clubs that we had an owner willing to put a lot of money into the club. Newcastle fans are demonstrating this to the extreme in their desire to be a hugely rich club - they don't give a toss who the owner is, what he stands for or what his motives are, they just want to be a rich club so they can become the next Chelsea or City. 

100%.

There is something very wrong about outlawing local-boy-made-good benefactors (putting in their own money) while being happy to have foreign owners who couldn’t find a club on a map using debt and loopholes to create playthings out of clubs and destabilise the whole structure. The unfit and improper tests were happy to approve Venkys and presumably this lot, FFP waved through - or should that be waived?

As for fans views on it: absolute and total jealousy.

On 31/07/2020 at 03:42, chaddyrovers said:

I'm confused as ever with your posts. Nobody is suggesting that they investigate the Raos now! The complaint is that they didn't more closely investigate the goings-on at Ewood when it was a live issue. Jeez!!

17 minutes ago, Stuart said:

100%.

There is something very wrong about outlawing local-boy-made-good benefactors (putting in their own money) while being happy to have foreign owners who couldn’t find a club on a map using debt and loopholes to create playthings out of clubs and destabilise the whole structure. The unfit and improper tests were happy to approve Venkys and presumably this lot, FFP waved through - or should that be waived?

As for fans views on it: absolute and total jealousy.

Plenty of British owners have caused problems for their clubs over the years - I don't think nationality comes in to it.

58 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Another joke of a sending off ruining the Cup Final.

Another poor Ref spoils a decent enough game.

Highlights for me though were the singing of Abide with Me and God Save The Queen. Quite superbly done.

Eddie Howe left Bournemouth by mutual consent.

He won’t be out of work for long, some savvy clubs will be working to get him in 

Bristol City would be an obvious option unless they've already sorted things out with Cook.

10 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Eddie Howe left Bournemouth by mutual consent.

not surprised given that the Chairman's comments not mentioning Howe. 

Who next for Bournemouth? 

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Bristol City would be an obvious option unless they've already sorted things out with Cook.

I think he will be in line to replace Hodgson at Palace if he does leave this summer given their poor form post lockdown

I think Howe will take a break from the game for a few months. He seems the sort who would be quite significantly affected psychologically by their relegation and need time out to take stock & pick the right challenge, rather than just jump straight back into it somewhere else.

7 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

I think Howe will take a break from the game for a few months. He seems the sort who would be quite significantly affected psychologically by their relegation and need time out to take stock & pick the right challenge, rather than just jump straight back into it somewhere else.

He is taking a break, it's been in a few papers.

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

not surprised given that the Chairman's comments not mentioning Howe. 

Who next for Bournemouth? 

I think he will be in line to replace Hodgson at Palace if he does leave this summer given their poor form post lockdown

Well Roy Boy isn't going to last for ever is he ? He's getting on a bit now.

I'm not sure Howe would be the man to manage a club in a perpetual relegation scrap as Palace seem to be.  Dyche would be a better bet.