speeeeeeedie

Premier League Stuff

On 05/08/2020 at 18:24, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

He's right

Sunderland would need to be in - I’d sacrifice Palace.

Really torn on Forest. Would probably keep Bumley and have the derby game instead.

I’d be happy to never play another derby again if it meant they fell down the leagues at our expense...

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hector was excellent in the Playoff final. 

I don't think Watkins will struggle if joins Villa or Palace to be honest. 

Hector I think will be good enough for Fulham but not top 8/higher middle table team. 

Common sense finally. Hopefully the same will happen with these stupid drink breaks aswell. 

I agree on Villa and Palace for Watkins. Fulham will struggle in the PL but maybe Parker is better than I currently think as he's done marvels with Reed.

Hot Bovril may work?

3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I agree on Villa and Palace for Watkins. Fulham will struggle in the PL but maybe Parker is better than I currently think as he's done marvels with Reed.

Hot Bovril may work?

Marvels? He just played him in his correct position.

38 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Marvels? He just played him in his correct position.

To me after being exposed to Mowbrayitis for what seems years that's a bloody ''marvel''

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Hot Bovril may work?

Those drinks breaks was awful and its wasn't helpful

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Those drinks breaks was awful and its wasn't helpful

Agreed, although I suspect the Managers may have liked them as they all seemed to become a short coaching session, some even used tactic boards.

Sky may like them and use for advert slots.

I hope they go though.

So its seems that Premier league clubs are willing out EFL clubs financially 

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I’d be happy to never play another derby again if it meant they fell down the leagues at our expense...

You say that but the derby is still the biggest draw in town.

Posted (edited)

Of course, always a great occasion, you can’t replicate waking up to those combined feelings of excitement and dread if things go awry for any other fixture... however I much preferred if when we were on our perch and they were thrashing around in the third division with the rest of the neighbours.

I’d allow an odd cup tie, how about that?

Edited by Mattyblue

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I do think tha the job Lampard has done is overrated by the media because of who he is.

Screenshot_20200808-185024_Twitter.jpg

Sarri has been a football Manager for 30 years.

Lampard has been a manager for two.

The comparison favours Lampard hugely.

7 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Sarri has been a football Manager for 30 years.

Lampard has been a manager for two.

The comparison favours Lampard hugely.

Maybe Lampard will grow into a better manager in time but in the running for manager of the season? Do me a favour.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Maybe Lampard will grow into a better manager in time but in the running for manager of the season? Do me a favour.

Not what I said.

On 07/08/2020 at 07:26, Stuart said:

Sunderland would need to be in - I’d sacrifice Palace.

Really torn on Forest. Would probably keep Bumley and have the derby game instead.

Palace for sunderland

Sheffield Wednesday for fulham

rovers for brighton

forest for burnley

Posted (edited)

And lampard has had a transfer embargo and brought through some good young English talent . Did sarri have a transfer ban ? Genuinely don’t know. There’s no doubting lampard , I will word it as had a good start to his Chelsea career as a manger , 

Klopp, Rodgers, Steve Bruce NES and dyche would all be before lampard  but I do believe lampard will one day be an excellent manager , whether that’s at Chelsea is a different matter

Edited by Oldgregg86

So Willian has completed his move to Arsenal on a free transfer. As no transfer fee we can probably assume he's on a wedge and yet we are just a couple of weeks removed from Arsenal announcing 55 redundancies of non playing staff. Abhorrent.

40 minutes ago, A Northern Horde... said:

220k a week if believed...

Willian,Willian it was..really nothing!

blimey, crazy situation 

Cracking player, to be fair. Had a great season last season too. Seems like Chelsea have some arbitrary rule about not giving a 3 year contract to someone at 32, when they only offered him a 2 year one. 

£220k per week for a 32 year-old who's never hit double-figures in goals or assists in a full season.

Meanwhile, average joes are getting laid off.

I really hope modern football implodes catastrophically. 

More info on the failed Newcastle takeover.

Sounds like the PL asked for more info and the consortium wouldn't provide it and then voluntarily withdrew the bid (presumably before they failed if they provided said info).

Hopefully it shuts the Newcastle fans up now (it won't)

4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Cracking player, to be fair. Had a great season last season too. Seems like Chelsea have some arbitrary rule about not giving a 3 year contract to someone at 32, when they only offered him a 2 year one. 

He is a good player and probably the type who will hold his form for another 3 years. If he did get a 2 year contract offer from Chelsea he should be flattered as I thought Abramovich had a rule that players of his sort of age only got one year extensions.

1 hour ago, Amo said:

£220k per week for a 32 year-old who's never hit double-figures in goals or assists in a full season.

Meanwhile, average joes are getting laid off.

I really hope modern football implodes catastrophically. 

I think we can all sympathise with those getting laid off but the reality is that Arsenal can only afford to carry the sort of wage bill that includes those average Joes if they get back in to the Champions League - and to achieve that they need players of Willian's calibre.