speeeeeeedie

Premier League Stuff

I suppose for Willian, his contract comes to a total of around 34m over the 3 years. They would possibly argue that for a player demanding half that in wages, and for 17m they wouldnt be able to afford anyone of that quality.

That being said, I can very much see a case of a fairly worthless player contributing little and on 220k a week in 2 years time, as at 34 surely he will be quite far into his decline. Then again, he demanded that third year so I suppose that it was non negotiable.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I suppose for Willian, his contract comes to a total of around 34m over the 3 years. They would possibly argue that for a player demanding half that in wages, and for 17m they wouldnt be able to afford anyone of that quality.

That being said, I can very much see a case of a fairly worthless player contributing little and on 220k a week in 2 years time, as at 34 surely he will be quite far into his decline. Then again, he demanded that third year so I suppose that it was non negotiable.

The world of football has its own financial ecosystem but there is no way to level that compared to 55 ordinary folks, probably fans too, losing their jobs.

He could have slummed it at £200k per week and those employees could have been paid for a year by that saving alone.

Re Williian, I heard on the radio it was 100k a year, his family are settled in and love London and he has now qualified and got a British passport so fair play to him

Just now, Stuart said:

The world of football has its own financial ecosystem but there is no way to level that compared to 55 ordinary folks, probably fans too, losing their jobs.

He could have slummed it at £200k per week and those employees could have been paid for a year by that saving alone.

Sadly if it wasn't possible to say that Arsenal needed those 55 people then they could not be expected to continue to employ them - it's not down to Willian.

Sheffield United have had 18.5 million bid accept for Bournemouth keeper Ramsdale according to this

45 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sheffield United have had 18.5 million bid accept for Bournemouth keeper Ramsdale according to this

Good to see football is taking a huge hit due to coronavirus. Suggestions of an implosion are looking well wide of the mark as the gravy train continues unabated.

BCD could become the norm as the average fan identifies less and less with ✌🏻their✌🏻 club while the top division is the only one making any revenue - and only through TV company advertising.

Meanwhile the only people suffering through any of this are the fans.

What a shit show.

I get the unpleasantness of seeing teams spend so much money. But I dont get why behind closed doors football could become the norm for anyone. That revenue would surely only increase if they could fill their substantial stadiums?

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I get the unpleasantness of seeing teams spend so much money. But I dont get why behind closed doors football could become the norm for anyone. That revenue would surely only increase if they could fill their substantial stadiums?

The top division teams make far more money from TV than STs. Fans aren’t allowed back but clubs in the PL don’t need to stop spending obscene amounts on even average players.

It’s the natural extrapolation.

No crowd didn’t stop the CL going ahead. They just adapted.

Just now, Stuart said:

The top division teams make far more money from TV than STs. Fans aren’t allowed back but clubs in the PL don’t need to stop spending obscene amounts on even average players.

It’s the natural extrapolation.

No crowd didn’t stop the CL going ahead. They just adapted.

I get that but its very much as a next best alternative. I dont see any indication that these teams would prefer to play in front of empty stadiums or for it to "become the new norm" for any longer than is possible.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I get that but its very much as a next best alternative. I dont see any indication that these teams would prefer to play in front of empty stadiums or for it to "become the new norm" for any longer than is possible.

Not saying they prefer it. Just that we don’t matter. Certainly not when it comes to being able to spend.

50 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Good to see football is taking a huge hit due to coronavirus. Suggestions of an implosion are looking well wide of the mark as the gravy train continues unabated.

BCD could become the norm as the average fan identifies less and less with ✌🏻their✌🏻 club while the top division is the only one making any revenue - and only through TV company advertising.

Meanwhile the only people suffering through any of this are the fans.

What a shit show.

If Sheffield United have the money and will to spend it fair enough to them. 

Clubs wants fans back into stadiums as soon as possible but until we get a vaccine for all I don't see us having full stadiums anytime soon. 

So watching football on tv is the next best thing if you cant be there due to this coronavirus. 

18 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Not saying they prefer it. Just that we don’t matter. Certainly not when it comes to being able to spend.

of course we matter and clubs know this. 

But what can they do realistically until we get a vaccine. 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

of course we matter and clubs know this. 

But what can they do realistically until we get a vaccine. 

As Rovers showed when they were pleading with fans not to ask for refunds, what the majority of football clubs care about is the money that comes from supporters. Bar a few exceptions most clubs in the top 2 divisions couldn't care less about supporters themselves they are simply seen as customers. 

You equally cant bank on a vaccine. I suspect that expecting it to be produced, tested and then mass produced even before next season is probably deluded, never mind Christmas. Thats before considering that everyone would need to have it, which many may not be prepared to be.

Probably will be a case of allowing fans in slowly, initially with masks, then making decisions to increase capacities and open things up eg sitting closer together, concourses etc and if numbers spike, then reducing fans again. Waiting for a vaccine that may never come is not viable.

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If Sheffield United have the money and will to spend it fair enough to them. 

Clubs wants fans back into stadiums as soon as possible but until we get a vaccine for all I don't see us having full stadiums anytime soon. 

So watching football on tv is the next best thing if you cant be there due to this coronavirus. 

Classic Chaddy.

I have to correct you though. Clubs want money back into stadiums as soon as possible. Fans, not so much.

Just now, Stuart said:

Classic Chaddy.

I have to correct you though. Clubs want money back into stadiums as soon as possible. Fans, not so much.

It's the corporate boxes that will be unsold and the lucrative corporate sponsorship deals that won't get renewed that will affect big clubs the longer fans aren't allowed into stadia. Big clubs will probably sue the government, if restrictions aren't lifted.

7 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Absolute shit stain of a kit

Burnley's new kit for the 2020/21 season

I can safely say without any fear of exaggeration or hyperbole that this is the worst thing I've ever seen.

10 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Absolute shit stain of a kit

The writing is actually Cantonese for Prawn Crackers, Vegetable Spring Rolls, Stir Fry Char Siu Pork and Special Fried Rice.

This is so all the illiterate Dingles need to do when they go to the takeaway is point to the shirt (with any of their many fingers) what they would like for tea.

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Absolute shit stain of a club.

Corrected that for you.

2 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I can safely say without any fear of exaggeration or hyperbole that this is the worst thing I've ever seen.

Yes that's really bad.

22 hours ago, Stuart said:

Classic Chaddy.

No Stuart, you are just wrong. Clubs, managers and players want fans back in ground. Clubs knows that without fans there it isn't the same. 

If Clubs wanted to spend money on players and can afford why shouldn;t they? 

Would you complain if Rovers spent 15 million pounds this window and got promote this season to the Premier League?

22 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You equally cant bank on a vaccine. I suspect that expecting it to be produced, tested and then mass produced even before next season is probably deluded, never mind Christmas. Thats before considering that everyone would need to have it, which many may not be prepared to be.

Probably will be a case of allowing fans in slowly, initially with masks, then making decisions to increase capacities and open things up eg sitting closer together, concourses etc and if numbers spike, then reducing fans again. Waiting for a vaccine that may never come is not viable.

and without a vaccine you never will have full capacity at a stadium again. Concourses will need to be open for Toilet facilities 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

No Stuart, you are just wrong. Clubs, managers and players want fans back in ground. Clubs knows that without fans there it isn't the same. 

If Clubs wanted to spend money on players and can afford why shouldn;t they? 

Would you complain if Rovers spent 15 million pounds this window and got promote this season to the Premier League?

and without a vaccine you never will have full capacity at a stadium again. Concourses will need to be open for Toilet facilities 

Again? So you think, say a vaccine is never made, and for the clubs that survive 10 years (not many) they would still not be able to have full stadiums then, or indeed ever without a vaccine?

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Again? So you think, say a vaccine is never made, and for the clubs that survive 10 years (not many) they would still not be able to have full stadiums then, or indeed ever without a vaccine?

Who knows? This virus might never go. So if we have to keep these measures in place and clubs cant have full stadiums do you really think clubs in league 1 and 2 will survive? 

The only way out of this is a Vaccine or treatment so allowed full stadiums back. 

Are you going to be happy sitting on own into a stadium long term if you cant sit with friends you go with? 

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who knows? This virus might never go. So if we have to keep these measures in place and clubs cant have full stadiums do you really think clubs in league 1 and 2 will survive? 

The only way out of this is a Vaccine or treatment so allowed full stadiums back. 

Are you going to be happy sitting on own into a stadium long term if you cant sit with friends you go with? 

I dont think that the only solution is a vaccine. Nor am I under any delusions that it will be ready any time soon, in fact ever.

I dont think its logisitically feasible for the virus to totally put the handbrake on life forever. As time goes by the limits will ease with the virus naturally becoming less effective.