Jump to content
speeeeeeedie

Premier League Stuff

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

I can see Messi retiring rather than signing elsewhere tbh.

 

Question is whether he still loves playing football. He must feel stale after so many years at one club, and a change of scene and country could revitalise him.  He's been a fantastic player for Barcelona; without him they would never have won so many trophies. The least they could do as a thank you is let him go for free 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

I can see Messi retiring rather than signing elsewhere tbh.

No rumours of him retiring whatsoever. I think he’ll end up at City under Pep. Going to be marvellous watching him in the PL if so - albeit from our armchairs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maguire.

Interesting judicial process in Greece:

- List of charges only given to defence lawyers two hours before the hearing

- Kangaroo court convicts in the absence of defendants

- Lodging of appeal automatically nullifies the verdict and conviction

- Appeal to then be heard - effectively as a retrial

That’s tantamount to guilty until proven innocent!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Maguire.

Interesting judicial process in Greece:

- List of charges only given to defence lawyers two hours before the hearing

- Kangaroo court convicts in the absence of defendants

- Lodging of appeal automatically nullifies the verdict and conviction

- Appeal to then be heard - effectively as a retrial

That’s tantamount to guilty until proven innocent!

No criminal record and can travel at will etc until the retrial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DeeCee said:

No criminal record and can travel at will etc until the retrial.

Perception though. Plus the fact that this is an appeal means it’s against ‘something’. If there is ‘nothing’ there is nothing to appeal against. As you even put it yourself [he is free] until the retrial.

Like I said, interesting process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How bad a liar is Harry Maguire? Up there with Prince Andrew for bull s£& today. That interview on BBC was pathetic. Crying like a little baby. Just own it. You got hammered and got in a scuffle and tried to bribe cops like a big shot. Scum bag. Perfect fit for Utd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UEFA and the FA were probably wired £40 million to 'invest in projects' and look the other way by the Abu Dhabi government. Of course, that would not be a bribe at all. That sort of thing doesn't happen in football any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like Walton's injury might not be as bad as first thought (Potter suspects it'll be a matter of weeks, than months, but doesn't sound like it's a fractured bone). Probably sprained ligaments or something.

I've snapped ligaments twice. It's painful, but nobody ever brought me an oxygen mask and carried me off with a stretcher 😤

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reports from Spain suggesting Europe's richest family- the Ortegas- are buying Man U from the Glazers.

This could explain why Man U are also in for Messi.

Edited by philipl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I notice former Rover Steve Hitchen has been promoted to the post of technical performance director with Spurs and becomes a member of their new football board.  The guy has had an interesting career since leaving Rovers.  Remember him making the bench for during the ill-fated Champions League campaign but not getting on the pitch before being released and having a decent career with Macclesfield Town.  Since hanging up his boots he has been employed by various clubs scouting in Europe.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

I notice former Rover Steve Hitchen has been promoted to the post of technical performance director with Spurs and becomes a member of their new football board.  The guy has had an interesting career since leaving Rovers.  Remember him making the bench for during the ill-fated Champions League campaign but not getting on the pitch before being released and having a decent career with Macclesfield Town.  Since hanging up his boots he has been employed by various clubs scouting in Europe.   

Yes he has done very well for himself. Notice that Swansea Chairman Trevor Birch has also joined Spurs as Director of Football operations today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53995695

James Rodriguez to Everton. I can personally see him being an expensive flop and not what Everton need. If I was Everton Id want to focus on getting in high potential, high energy players in the 20-25 age bracket rather than players near 30 who haven't had much football but would command humongous wages. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, benhben said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53995695

James Rodriguez to Everton. I can personally see him being an expensive flop and not what Everton need. If I was Everton Id want to focus on getting in high potential, high energy players in the 20-25 age bracket rather than players near 30 who haven't had much football but would command humongous wages. 

Ancellotti gets a tune out of him.

He was decent at Munich.Think it's a great signing for Everton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everton have been one of the most boring teams to watch the last few years,they need a spark and some skill,maybe Rodriguez will give them some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, arbitro said:

hardly surprise to be honest. Alot of owners are looking to sell their clubs or withdrawing from sponsoring clubs. here is a great article from the athletic on this. Such a great read and detailed. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Combination of compensation to broadcasters, lost gate money and the Chinese deal means the Premier League is a combined £2bn down for 2019/20.

https://www.ft.com/content/29ce53cb-ce91-4173-adbb-6c815339e35d?segmentId=114a04fe-353d-37db-f705-204c9a0a157b

Even with partial stadium re-openings, the Premier League will be down £580m in 2020/21.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/08/2020 at 16:16, oldjamfan1 said:

As for Messi, the smart money says he lines up for Barcelona in their first game of the 20/21 campaign.

Quelle surprise!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not often you see a captain of a Premier League club come out with something like this on Twitter.

5F606E80-9B18-422A-8A8B-E5B7AD42F3E7.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Newcastle set to sign Left back Lewis from Norwich for 13.5 million pounds. Was quoting 18 million 2 weeks ago and walk away from it from media reports 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.