speeeeeeedie

Premier League Stuff

1 hour ago, S8 & Blue said:

Liverpool poor or Leeds great?

Can’t see the scouse having another season like the last one tbh

Defensively they started last season like that as well. I think the time to worry for them is when they don't find a way to win games.

1 minute ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Defensively they started last season like that as well. I think the time to worry for them is when they don't find a way to win games.

It was pretty impressive how they dug out the win, it’s the mark of champions etc - but I really don’t think we’ll see a 95+ point season this year. So that opens the door. 

Anything can happen this year - keep your eye on Chelsea and City (but will still shit the bed when they concede).

End of the season it may look an impressive win vs Leeds, and if Bielsa can keep up that kind of intensity when they aren’t dominant (like they are used to) then they’ll have a fun solid year too.

Just think that last year is impossible to repeat for the Scouse.

Arsenal worth a sideways look too.

Would love a proper title fight.

Three promoted teams conceded 10 this week.

Told you the Championship was a cloggers league. 

7 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Three promoted teams conceded 10 this week.

Told you the Championship was a cloggers league. 

If West Brom were going to avoid relegation, that Leicester at home fixture looked a gift. Instead they got smashed.

Leeds unlucky, Fulham will not be the only team to get crushed by Arsenal this season.

Trying to work out if the new look Everton are really really good or Spurs are declining rapidly. I think there is a lot more to come from Everton when they gel. 

Wolves are going to be interesting with their wonder kid signing.

None of the promoted teams fates will be decided by how they do against the like of Liverpool, Arsenal or Leicester.  They will stay up or not via the results they get against each other & the likes of Aston Villa, Newcastle, West Ham, Burnley etc. Win more of them than they lose, and any of the 3 promoted teams have realistic prospects of survival.

1 hour ago, Atko's Engine said:

None of the promoted teams fates will be decided by how they do against the like of Liverpool, Arsenal or Leicester.  They will stay up or not via the results they get against each other & the likes of Aston Villa, Newcastle, West Ham, Burnley etc. Win more of them than they lose, and any of the 3 promoted teams have realistic prospects of survival.

Exactly. Leicester, Arsenal and the champions aren't exactly three run-of-the-mill prem sides.

1 minute ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Exactly. Leicester, Arsenal and the champions aren't exactly three run-of-the-mill prem sides.

But Leicester coming in on a terrible end of season and not yet having sorted out their defence looked ripe for upsetting.

Just now, philipl said:

But Leicester coming in on a terrible end of season and not yet having sorted out their defence looked ripe for upsetting.

They score plenty of goals though Phil, that's the point. The original post relating to this was about the three promoted teams shipping ten goals between them. 

5 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

10 hours ago, philipl said:

If West Brom were going to avoid relegation, that Leicester at home fixture looked a gift. Instead they got smashed.

Leeds unlucky, Fulham will not be the only team to get crushed by Arsenal this season.

Trying to work out if the new look Everton are really really good or Spurs are declining rapidly. I think there is a lot more to come from Everton when they gel. 

Wolves are going to be interesting with their wonder kid signing.

One game is certainly not a predictor of how the season will go but of the 3 promoted teams Fulham look most likely to struggle. They looked off the pace and lightweight at the back.

West Brom started well but faded. If their hope is bringing on Robson-Kanu then they'll be in the relegation mix too. 

Leeds gave Liverpool a real game. Although Liverpool were very poor. Only Salah played to his ability. Gomez, Alexander-Arnold, and van Dijk were abject. Klopp was all smiles after the game but I'll bet that he got the hairdryer out.

Everton did look smooth. Spurs weren't at the races. 

New look Chelsea will be an interesting watch. Thiago Silva is still good but can he alone shore up their leaky defence. 

Brighton gave Chelsea a bit of a chasing.

Chelsea's opener was a gift from an unnecessary wayward pass and they retook the lead with a once in a season strike.

From the evidence of one game and neither of the Mancs playing yet, Everton are both the most impressive and clearly have a lot more to come... unless Spurs are bottom half this season which given Mourinho's recent track record is highly possible.

I'm fancying arsenal to do well this season, chelsea will be up there as well. Everton will be the team that look to break up the top 6. 

Liverpool will struggle. This is the third season with the same 11, a great 11 but teams need to freshen up. Plus they dont have the motivation of first PL title after 30 years to help them hit that extra level. A bit of creativity in their midfield and some serious competition for the front three was needed this summer. 

It'll be a liverpool / city top 2 but the gap will be significantly reduced.

Chelsea didn't convince me last night; obviously still time for them to splurge on that defence. Agreed Liverpool starting to look vulnerable despite their average age being still pretty young.

17 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Looks like Bale is on his way back to Spurs. 

Good for the Prem if he is. He is still a fantastic player. However, will Mourinho use him correctly?

Kipré might be getting more first team football than we previously thought at this rate!

Looking like it's going to be a long season for WBA and Fulham.

3 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Fulham fighting. 4-3 now. 

Been a great game

RATHER DELICIOUS.

The only live game currently is Mancs 0 Palace 1

On the BBC live match commentary thread they have just gone a page ignoring the game completely by rabbitting about Bale going back to Spuds.

How the mighty have fallen

Given Bales antics at Real, and Jose's man management skills who thinks putting them together is a good idea? 

Also Fulham and Brom in for a hard season imo. Parker doesn't strike me as a good manager and in this division his squad don't have the edge in quality to compensate for this. 

Also so many high scoring games in the prem already. What's happening to good defending?.

Bale will be great loan signing for Spurs. Jose will have Spurs top 4 this season

Im not so sure about that. Bale has been a fantastic player but hes not played a lot recently and will be losing his explosiveness at his age. I am unsure what to make of it.

Out of the 2 signings made, Reguillon may be the less spectacular but better one. Impressed me whenever I have seen Sevilla and a big upgrade on Davies. Him and Doherty are very attacking full backs for Mourinho though.

The top 4 battle is an interesting one. Would expect Liverpool especially with Thiago and even Jota to win the League again sadly. City will be up there too. Then the other 2 places are up for grabs. Chelsea have spent on some real quality but have seemingly tried to fix their weaknesses (GK and CB) on the cheap but there has to be huge pressure on Lampard pushing for the title with the money spent. Something promising is building at Arsenal, United will be up abd around the top 4 and Wolves are a big dark horse, as maybe are Leicester.