speeeeeeedie

Premier League Stuff

Penalty decision against Utd by VAR ref with play stopped was a joke. Penalty was saved, play continued then VAR ref said goalkeeper off his line again while play was continuing,

Not a Utd lover but pathetic by both referees. 

Just now, Cherry Blue said:

Penalty decision against Utd by VAR ref with play stopped was a joke. Penalty was saved, play continued then VAR ref said goalkeeper off his line again while play was continuing,

Moss and Atkinson both haven't been fit to referee for years and the fact that they are still Premier League refs just shows how appalling the standard of refereeing in this country is. It's been a crisis in the English game for a number of years now. 

28 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

I don't see what was wrong with it. It may have taken a while but both were correct decisions. 

My only gripe is that Ayew should have taken the penalty again, not Zaha.

Palace played well. Man U weren't good. Pogba had one of those days where he swanned around and did nothing. After about his 5th misplaced pass he was taken off. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Him and Doherty are very attacking full backs for Mourinho though.

I think Mourinho has had to change his style with the Spurs squad. Plus with attacking players like Kane, Son, Bale, Moura, Ali, Bergwijn you arent going to playing defensive football. 

Would expect Liverpool especially with Thiago and even Jota to win the League again sadly. City will be up there too.

2 good signings but I think Liverpool problems are defensively after Last week performance. City still needs defensively signings

Then the other 2 places are up for grabs. Chelsea have spent on some real quality but have seemingly tried to fix their weaknesses (GK and CB) on the cheap but there has to be huge pressure on Lampard pushing for the title with the money spent. Something promising is building at Arsenal, United will be up abd around the top 4 and Wolves are a big dark horse, as maybe are Leicester.

Fancy Chelsea for the league to be honest. Good team under a good manager who knows where he wants to go with the team. 

United needs signings still. Wolves unsure on tbh after Jota gone. 

Fancy Leicester or Wolves to win a cup this season. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Mourinho has had to change his style with the Spurs squad. Plus with attacking players like Kane, Son, Bale, Moura, Ali, Bergwijn you arent going to playing defensive football. 

2 good signings but I think Liverpool problems are defensively after Last week performance. City still needs defensively signings

Fancy Chelsea for the league to be honest. Good team under a good manager who knows where he wants to go with the team. 

United needs signings still. Wolves unsure on tbh after Jota gone. 

Fancy Leicester or Wolves to win a cup this season. 

Dont see any evidence whatsoever that Lampard is a manager anywhere near as good as the likes of Klopp and Guardiola. Had 2 decent enough seasons, ok. He has had loads to spend this summer but has spent it in the wrong areas. They are getting a keeper on the cheap, surely someone like Oblak would have been a wiser buy to fix their poor goals against column and terrible keeper rather than a very good player in Havertz when they already have Werner, Pulisic, Ziyech etc? Plus a good but very old freebie at CB. Liverpool seemed asleep on the opening day but their defence is miles better than Chelseas as seen last year.

13 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Dont see any evidence whatsoever that Lampard is a manager anywhere near as good as the likes of Klopp and Guardiola. Had 2 decent enough seasons, ok. He has had loads to spend this summer but has spent it in the wrong areas. They are getting a keeper on the cheap, surely someone like Oblak would have been a wiser buy to fix their poor goals against column and terrible keeper rather than a very good player in Havertz when they already have Werner, Pulisic, Ziyech etc? Plus a good but very old freebie at CB. Liverpool seemed asleep on the opening day but their defence is miles better than Chelseas as seen last year.

I never said that Lampard is has good as Klopp and Guardiola tho did I? Imagining things again :rolleyes:

Plus Lampard is just in third season as manager where Klopp and Guardiola are in their peak of the managerial career. For me, he has good season in first season at Chelsea. Plus the signings Lampard and the club have made in Werner and Silva are good one, Silva's experience is what they need. James is good full back, Kante back to full fitness. the front 3 looks dangerous and will score goals. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I never said that Lampard is has good as Klopp and Guardiola tho did I? Imagining things again :rolleyes:

He didn't say that you did. He pointed out that the other two teams had better managers. 

As using basic elements of the English language such as placement, inference and implication it's clear that he would be right to think along those lines...

On topic Lampard still has it all to prove imo. Taking Derby to a playoff finish with a big budget - lots of managers have done that and it's not that impressive. Did ok with Chelsea but again they hardly overachieved given their resources. 

Correct @Blue blood ultimately "good manager" is surely relative to the teams you are directly competing against and as with you, whilst I think hes done ok in his first two years, hes not done a remarkably good job in either season, indeed nothing that Steve McLaren/Gary Rowett couldnt do at Derby (without players like Mount and Tomori on loan on account of being a legend as a player!) and not as good a job as the much maligned Sarri had done the year before.

I think he has made some very exciting signings for the neutrals but I dont think he has utilised his massive resources (200m and counting) correctly either. They had a dodgy keeper and couldnt defend, conceding the most goals in the top flight and more than 14th placed Palace. They are getting a keeper on the cheap from France, not sure how good he is to be fair but maybe they could have got an Oblak who is even better than Alisson/Ederson. The Thiago Silva could be a very shrewd freebie but it seems like a plaster stuck over the problem considering his age. Chilwell is massively overpriced at 50m too even though he is an upgrade on the defensively very poor Marcos Alonso. There is goals there with Werner and Ziyech added to Pulisic, Giroud etc and whilst Havertz is exciting, as I mentioned surely an Oblak or a Koulibaly would have been a better way to spend the money,

Ridiculous penalty decision against Tottenham. 

Just now, Doug said:

Bonkers

55 minutes ago, Doug said:

53 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Bonkers

It was never a penalty. The ball hit Doherty's arm but he had no idea, wasn't trying to move his arm, and got no advantage from it. 

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

They’re signing Mendy in the next couple of days.

Considering the money they have spent, you would have thought that a goalkeeper of the quality of an Oblak would have been obtainable.

19 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Why are the Bastards appearing on the BBC later? Do the BBC have a set amount of live PL games this season?

Sky & BT have more sense

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Have to smile, my wife's just turned the tv on after tea expecting Countryfile followed by Antiques Roadshow on BBC haha.......

Dingles live FFS!!

True licence fee value.

A Rugby tackle and sending off, a Keeper howler and a Hop, Skip, Jump, Whatever penalty miss.

Livened up an average game.

I hope nobody at Rovers adopts that new ''hop'' fad with Pens

Hopefully it will jinx them tonight and Leicester will come back, but the job Dyche continues to do at Burnley is incredible.

For him, he is so unlucky to be in a generation whereby pretty football and passing it from the back have almost outranked results in the order of priorities these days, he should be at a club with far bigger resources.

Edit: The jinx has already worked.

Edited by roversfan99

Thought it was a foul for their goal.

Since when can you just shove someone off the ball. 

Shoulder to shoulder even gets called up sometimes nowadays,  he just blatantly pushed the defender over. 

I’d never heard of this lampty kid before this season but two games and two very impressive performances. One to watch 👀

26 minutes ago, Silas said:

Thought it was a foul for their goal.

Since when can you just shove someone off the ball. 

Shoulder to shoulder even gets called up sometimes nowadays,  he just blatantly pushed the defender over. 

Also a hint of handball by Wood.

Interesting that the ref didn't use VAR for either goal.

That's more like it! What a goal! Would really top-off the weekend with a Dingle defeat.

8 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

That's more like it! What a goal! Would really top-off the weekend with a Dingle defeat.

My Sunday night viewing just got fun. 

Half hour to go, I'm thinking 2 more goals. 🤞

Been some good football today. Spurs look on form and Son/Kane scoring goals. Add Bale to that front 3 and they will be up there in the top 4. 

Brighton outclassed Newcastle from start to finish. Outstanding. Lampety the standout today. 

Christensen's sending off was right. Chelsea keeper Kepa is a nightmare of keeper and the quicker the get rid the better for Lampard and Chelsea. Not worth what they paid for him but Chelsea decided to pay it.  Not sure he was Lampard signing anyway. 

Leicester looked good tonight and played well. Barnes look good. Burnley struggled and Dyche doesn't look happy there and unhappy with the club lack of signings there. Wouldn't surprise me if Dyche left there during the season.