speeeeeeedie

Premier League Stuff

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

They are getting a keeper on the cheap from France, not sure how good he is to be fair but maybe they could have got an Oblak who is even better than Alisson/Ederson.

25 million for the Rennes keeper isn't cheap. 

Oblak would cost what? 100 million plus? Do he even want leave to Atletico Madrid?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

25 million for the Rennes keeper isn't cheap. 

Oblak would cost what? 100 million plus? Do he even want leave to Atletico Madrid?

2m the rennes keeper i heard.

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Hopefully it will jinx them tonight and Leicester will come back, but the job Dyche continues to do at Burnley is incredible..

Interesting the pathway the young lad who scored tonight has taken. 5 loans out to non league, league 2 , etc....to develop him properly.

Buckley should have gone on loan last seaon to Barrow to toughen up....he should still go out on loan....and a couple others 

What Dyche has done over the years with that rabble is astonishing. Player-wise that was a good/very good Championship side he had out there, but he makes them look like a good Prem team. Leicester had to work very hard for that win.

When Dyche leaves they'll go down within a couple of seasons.

3 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

What Dyche has done over the years with that rabble is astonishing. Player-wise that was a good/very good Championship side he had out there, but he makes them look like a good Prem team. Leicester had to work very hard for that win.

When Dyche leaves they'll go down within a couple of seasons.

They remind me of some of the Irish teams in the past, not many top class players but collectively they all over achieve as a unit. I know they shipped 4 last night but normally they don't concede many goals. Keep the number of goals you concede to 0 or 1 and you'll do OK at any level.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They remind me of some of the Irish teams in the past, not many top class players but collectively they all over achieve as a unit. I know they shipped 4 last night but normally they don't concede many goals. Keep the number of goals you concede to 0 or 1 and you'll do OK at any level.

They faced Leicester with an entirely makeshift defence and central midfield and put four academy lads on the bench. 

Rovers have a deeper squad than Burnley.

The only thing that will save the Dingles this season is that there are likely to be three or four VERY poor sides in that league.

31 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

The only thing that will save the Dingles this season is that there are likely to be three or four VERY poor sides in that league.

Burnley tend to make games horrible. I don't blame them, because to my mind, their personnel is Championship-level quality, and Dyche deserves a lot of credit for being resourceful (even with a few expensive transfer blunders like Gibson and Vydra).

But they are truly horrible to watch. McNeil is a talented player, but the rest are just big horrible kick-it-lump-it-stick-yer-knee-in type bastards.

As much as I dislike them, why do they make games "horrible?" I know Dyche doesnt follow the passing it along the ball style that is slowly becoming compulsory, but he plays 2 wingers and 2 strikers, is their style any less entertaining than teams like Brighton and Sheffield United who get plenty of praise for their "entertaining" style (playing it out from the back, overlapping centre backs etc) yet Burnley scored more than either last year. I do find it a little curious that it seems that teams have to pass it along the back to qualify as entertaining. There is an unprecedented level of media snobbery towards teams that do not conform to playing in this way.

I definitely dont think they will be near the bottom, and I dont think that their squad is Championship quality either. Nick Pope is one of the best goalkeepers in the league and is England's best too. Tarkowksi is a very good defender (better than many including Dier and Mings who are regulars in the England squad) and Mee is also a good Premier League centre back, although both are currently injured. Dwight McNeil looks very talented and is also entertaining to watch. Chris Wood has scored double figures in all 3 Premier League seasons including 14 last season, a very underrated striker who apparently drew interest from Lazio. Jack Cork is also a very competent Premier League central midfielder.

30 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

As much as I dislike them, why do they make games "horrible?" I know Dyche doesnt follow the passing it along the ball style that is slowly becoming compulsory, but he plays 2 wingers and 2 strikers, is their style any less entertaining than teams like Brighton and Sheffield United who get plenty of praise for their "entertaining" style (playing it out from the back, overlapping centre backs etc) yet Burnley scored more than either last year. I do find it a little curious that it seems that teams have to pass it along the back to qualify as entertaining. There is an unprecedented level of media snobbery towards teams that do not conform to playing in this way.

I definitely dont think they will be near the bottom, and I dont think that their squad is Championship quality either. Nick Pope is one of the best goalkeepers in the league and is England's best too. Tarkowksi is a very good defender (better than many including Dier and Mings who are regulars in the England squad) and Mee is also a good Premier League centre back, although both are currently injured. Dwight McNeil looks very talented and is also entertaining to watch. Chris Wood has scored double figures in all 3 Premier League seasons including 14 last season, a very underrated striker who apparently drew interest from Lazio. Jack Cork is also a very competent Premier League central midfielder.

Why do Burnley make games horrible? In order to get a result. Their main focus is to stop the opposition from playing their game, to wear them down, and see what they can nick. Nothing wrong with that if its your team, but I'm just saying that I don't really enjoy watching that style of play.

They don't have to justify themselves to me. Maybe it is snobbery, but I don't mind being a snob when it comes to games that don't involve Rovers. I've actually really enjoyed watching our own style of play since pre-season began. We do need to take a leaf or two out of Burnley's book in order to be a bit more resourceful against better sides, though!

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Why do Burnley make games horrible? In order to get a result. Their main focus is to stop the opposition from playing their game, to wear them down, and see what they can nick. Nothing wrong with that if its your team, but I'm just saying that I don't really enjoy watching that style of play.

They don't have to justify themselves to me. Maybe it is snobbery, but I don't mind being a snob when it comes to games that don't involve Rovers. I've actually really enjoyed watching our own style of play since pre-season began. We do need to take a leaf or two out of Burnley's book in order to be a bit more resourceful against better sides, though!

I meant more as to why you think that they are "horrible" to watch? I think its a bit of a stereotype that Burnley are horrible to watch personally.

I personally think that there seems to be a widely held opinion especially in the media that attractive football is only if you are passing it around the back. I dont think that Burnleys style is less entertaining than say Brighton or Sheffield United, its much more direct and in your face but it involves 2 wingers and 2 strikers, and it gets more goals for all the possession stats, overlapping centre backs, wing backs, passing from the back etc.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I meant more as to why you think that they are "horrible" to watch? I think its a bit of a stereotype that Burnley are horrible to watch personally.

I personally think that there seems to be a widely held opinion especially in the media that attractive football is only if you are passing it around the back. I dont think that Burnleys style is less entertaining than say Brighton or Sheffield United, its much more direct and in your face but it involves 2 wingers and 2 strikers, and it gets more goals for all the possession stats, overlapping centre backs, wing backs, passing from the back etc.

My opinion is nothing to do with the media, as I rarely pay attention to it from where I'm sitting, and nor is it something that I've thought of as a stereotype. I watch them as much as they are on TV, which unfortunately for where I am, is quite often, and they are just disgusting to watch. And that's how I like to think of that lot, anyway! 😁

1 hour ago, OnePhilT said:

My opinion is nothing to do with the media, as I rarely pay attention to it from where I'm sitting, and nor is it something that I've thought of as a stereotype. I watch them as much as they are on TV, which unfortunately for where I am, is quite often, and they are just disgusting to watch. And that's how I like to think of that lot, anyway! 😁

Pretty much sums things up for me as well. I can't even watch Villa or West Ham objectively either, the colours put me off.

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You maybe right but I have been  hearing for a few months , there's trouble at mill ..

I am surprised Pope is still there ..

Just turned Sky Sports on. One team is playing in claret and blue and the other in pink. No thanks. (Switches off)😱😱😱

25 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

You maybe right but I have been  hearing for a few months , there's trouble at mill ..

I dont think Dyche is happy is he, first the inability to extend contracts post lockdown and now a lack of transfers. Hopefully he leaves.

Edited by roversfan99

Burnley are awful to watch for anyone who doesn't them. Dyche has done a good job and I was surprised he didn't a move to Everton after Koeman left. But are any PL clubs in the top 10 going to appoint Dyche? Similar to when Hughes was here and left to join Manchester City which disappointed me a lot. 

2 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

I have been  hearing for a few months , there's trouble at mill ..

I have seen similar reports that Dyche is unhappy there and not getting on with the board or Mike Rigg. Rigg is suggesting Signings but Dyche won't sign them. Dyche wasn't happy about the club not re sign Jeff Hendrick in the summer. Also I wouldn't be surprise if Dyche walked away or the club decide to change if there is complete breakdown between the board, Rigg and Dyche. 

West Ham, Palace, Fulham, Bournemouth,?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Burnley are awful to watch for anyone who doesn't them. Dyche has done a good job and I was surprised he didn't a move to Everton after Koeman left. But are any PL clubs in the top 10 going to appoint Dyche? Similar to when Hughes was here and left to join Manchester City which disappointed me a lot. 

I have seen similar reports that Dyche is unhappy there and not getting on with the board or Mike Rigg. Rigg is suggesting Signings but Dyche won't sign them. Dyche wasn't happy about the club not re sign Jeff Hendrick in the summer. Also I wouldn't be surprise if Dyche walked away or the club decide to change if there is complete breakdown between the board, Rigg and Dyche. 

🤞🏻

Dyche isn’t fashionable enough to be taken on by any other teams. They’ll have delusions of grandeur about ‘playing the right way’, when they only have the players to play kick and rush. Only way I see him leaving Burnley is for a job closer to home, or those above him continue to annoy him.....

24 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Are all football teams in the south of England

23 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Can't see him Going Fulham cos of the structure behind the scenes. 

West Ham Possible if Moyes doesnt get results. 

Palace unsure he suits that squad. 

34 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I think Palace may have legs , when Hodgson or CPFC , say enough is enough .....

An outside one could be Villa ...

40 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

For Dyche?  Nottingham Forest. Mark my words.

1 minute ago, bazza said:

For Dyche?  Nottingham Forest. Mark my words.

Very close to home but £££££ maybe a struggle for Forest. .