speeeeeeedie

Premier League Stuff

Burnley denied a point by inept refereeing/VAR.

Real shame 😁

3 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Burnley denied a point by inept refereeing/VAR.

Real shame 😁

I'll not sleep tonight now ! I'm quite surprised by that result, on a cold and windy night in Burnley I wouldn't have thought the Southern Softies had much of a chance. Sign of the times ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

They havent started well but while Dyche is there they will somehow stay up,if he gets sick of the lack of investment and moves on they'll sink like a stone

3 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

They havent started well but while Dyche is there they will somehow stay up,if he gets sick of the lack of investment and moves on they'll sink like a stone

There's some poor teams down near the bottom of the Prem this season.

Chelsea's defending yesterday was so poor and the look on Lampard's face said alot. They were much better going forward second half. But Lampard can't wait to out the new keeper signing Mendy from Rennes. Paid 22 million for him so don't know how good he is but he can't be any worse than Kepa. 

Danny Ings did his job yesterday and scoring against his former team. 

It will be interesting to see if Lampard lasts the season. His first 2 years in management have been ok, nothing spectacular, and with the money he has spent, he has to be putting together a title challenge. 5 points dropped already, and whilst he has signed some good players, I am not convinced that he has used the money correctly. They still look very defensively suspect, Thiago Silva was poor on his debut and is aging, and Havertz seems like a luxury they perhaps couldnt afford. Would that money have been better spent keeping Willian and signing a top class centre back like a Koulibaly, or a goalkeeper like Oblak? Abramovic is not the most patient chairman but very much demands success and his system works, maybe Lampards legendary status as a player will help although (I appreciate he is not as much of a legend) but Di Matteo didnt last long when they figured out he wasnt up to it and he had a Champions League medal.

Also Leeds seem to have started very well under the brilliant Bielsa. Bamford has 3 on 3, he has always got so much criticism (even from Leeds fans) which seems very harsh, he scores goals and yes he misses chances but he anticipates chances very well to begin with.

Absolutely ludicrous VAR decision resulting in a penalty To Newcastle.  Idiotic decision.

7 minutes ago, den said:

Absolutely ludicrous VAR decision resulting in a penalty To Newcastle.  Idiotic decision.

I have just rewind this to check this.  To make it worse for Spurs there is 5 minutes injury time added.The play stops on 92.30 for the VAR so there is 2.5 minutes left. It restarts after the penalty is scored at 97.10.  So it should finish at least 99.40 not allowing for any time Newcastle spent celebrating the goal.

He plays 1 minute after the kick off and blows on 98.10

Id love to just ask the officials how they work that out.

Edited by Hasta

Referees and VAR seem to have got more ridiculous without fans there.

Handball was based on intent since time immemorial.

Not ‘it hit below the armpit, so penalty’ for a shot smashed at a defender from half a yard.

Ludicrous law change, and I actually feel for the refs who always look sheepish as they give them.

All that VAR has done is given the referee a further chance to look at the decision.

The problem is the actual rule, that is what is a joke there, not using VAR. The referee has made the correct decision, aided by VAR.

I have always said that I am against VAR, ultimately it does lead to more correct decisions but at a cost of some of the spontaneity of football.

There surely can’t be one single football fan who believes penalties should be given for that.

VAR is ruining the beautiful of football. It should have NEVER come into football. FIFA, UEFA, FA and PL are gutless and spineless. 

The ref bottled the decision has he could see the ball hit Dier's arm but didn't give the decision even tho he had a PERFECT VIEW of the incident. The ref got the decision wrong! 

All VAR decisions and these stupid decision is turning fans away from the sport and attracting less people to the sport. 

Mourinho show class there in that interview by not commenting on it., 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

VAR is ruining the beautiful of football. It should have NEVER come into football. FIFA, UEFA, FA and PL are gutless and spineless. 

The ref bottled the decision has he could see the ball hit Dier's arm but didn't give the decision even tho he had a PERFECT VIEW of the incident. The ref got the decision wrong! 

All VAR decisions and these stupid decision is turning fans away from the sport and attracting less people to the sport. 

Mourinho show class there in that interview by not commenting on it., 

The penalty wasnt given because of VAR chaddy. Ultimately the decision was the correct one in terms of the rule, and all VAR did was allowed the referee another look and another opinion to give him more evidence to make his decision.

The problem lies with the rule itself.

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

All that VAR has done is given the referee a further chance to look at the decision.

The problem is the actual rule, that is what is a joke there, not using VAR. The referee has made the correct decision, aided by VAR.

I have always said that I am against VAR, ultimately it does lead to more correct decisions but at a cost of some of the spontaneity of football.

Agree it's the rule that's at fault as ever, but the ref should be reprimanded for cutting a match short by at least 90 seconds because there has been a lengthy VAR appeal.

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

Agree it's the rule that's at fault as ever, but the ref should be reprimanded for cutting a match short by at least 90 seconds because there has been a lengthy VAR appeal.

Agreed. Time keeping from the referee was very poor and not for the first time.

Make the rule simple, if it hits your arm it’s handball. 

Just now, rigger said:

Make the rule simple, if it hits your arm it’s handball. 

Problem then is you’d get players deliberately booting the ball at defender’s arms to win penalties - that can’t be good for the game surely?

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The penalty wasnt given because of VAR chaddy. Ultimately the decision was the correct one in terms of the rule, and all VAR did was allowed the referee another look and another opinion to give him more evidence to make his decision.

what does he need another look at it for, he was looking straight at the player. If you don't think it is handball at the time then it wasn't. These referees are getting weaker and weaker. 

VAR doesn't belong in Football full stop and needs scraping asap. No VAR, no second look. The decision was the right one until the VAR thing gets involved and silly lines. get it out of football ASAP. 

Jamie Carragher's comments at the time was spot on. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

22 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I have just rewind this to check this.  To make it worse for Spurs there is 5 minutes injury time added.The play stops on 92.30 for the VAR so there is 2.5 minutes left. It restarts after the penalty is scored at 97.10.  So it should finish at least 99.40 not allowing for any time Newcastle spent celebrating the goal.

He plays 1 minute after the kick off and blows on 98.10

Id love to just ask the officials how they work that out.

Time should restart the moment the ref decides to award the penalty via VAR. I'm guessing the missing time starts the moment the penalty is awarded + probably some protest time from the Spurs players + the time Newcastle took to step up for the penalty.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

what does he need another look at it for, he was looking straight at the player. If you don't think it is handball at the time then it wasn't. 

VAR doesn't belong in Football full stop and needs scraping asap. No VAR, no second look. The decision was the right one until the VAR thing gets involved. get it out of football ASAP. 

Jamie Carragher's comments at the time was spot on. 

Having a second look enabled the referee to ensure that he made the right decision as per the current rule, which he did.

Jamie Carragher was critical of the rule regarding handballs, you seem to have got that mixed up with him being critical about VAR.

I dont agree with VAR purely because it removes too much spontaneity but I dont blame it for things it cannot warrant any blame for, and I accept that more decisions are correct with VAR than without, that is undeniable. 

The decision was not correct initially, the rule is IMO stupid but the initial decision not to give a penalty was not following the rule.

10 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Problem then is you’d get players deliberately booting the ball at defender’s arms to win penalties - that can’t be good for the game surely?

That's where the game is heading now. The footballing authorise have made a complete mess of the handball rule constantly messing about with it when it had been fine for years. All that is needed is common sense, sadly that is in short supply in the footballing authorities jobsworths and with the referee's in this country. Too many refs and jobsworths who make and interpret these rules have no experience playing the game and it shows with things like this.

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The penalty certainly wouldn't have been given without VAR. Look at the Palace penalty last week at Old Trafford even the bloke who kicked it a Lindelöf's hand didn't appeal for a penalty.