speeeeeeedie

Premier League Stuff

5 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Pickford should of been sent off for that challenge on van dijk.  Ridiculous decision to rule the late goal out . Sick to death of var drawing lines on players armpits . Just feck off and give us our game back

The USA commentary team said during the City game that van Dijk has done his ACL and is out for 8 months. If true it will make it much harder for Liverpool to win the league again.

23 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

The USA commentary team said during the City game that van Dijk has done his ACL and is out for 8 months. If true it will make it much harder for Liverpool to win the league again.

I didn’t say it wasn’t a good tackle just that it should of been a red 😅😂

How does VAR allow that penalty to stand for Palace?

The answer will come because it's not a clear and obvious error.

Therefore, why does VAR in the Sheffield united game for the late penalty go and make the official go and look at the screen. The ref didn't give it in actual play, and It obviously wasn't a 'clear and obvious' error not to give the penalty, otherwise VAR would have given it rather than put it back in the refs hands.

Fulham fans over the moon with Tosin after his performance today from what I’ve read, I didn’t watch the game but it sounded like he was his usual composed self at the back. £1.5million for him is singing of the summer maybe! 

6 minutes ago, Butty said:

Fulham fans over the moon with Tosin after his performance today from what I’ve read, I didn’t watch the game but it sounded like he was his usual composed self at the back. £1.5million for him is singing of the summer maybe! 

Edited by HowieFive0

A crazy thing to say, but I think that Harry Kane is one of the most underrated players around. He has been so good for so long that when a bright new player comes onto the block, people sometimes call for Kane to be dropped for England or indeed underappreciate quite how good he is. Not only is he a prolific goalscorer, but he is a brilliant passer and a really intelligent striker.

At the end of the season, if Spurs dont win anything he has to demand a move to a bigger club.

I think Moyes needs to go back to coaching the team from home over the phone,won 2 games that way,back with the team today and West Ham 3-0 down to Spurs after 16 mins

Spurs have been very good so far. Kane and Son have such a great understanding. Long may it continue for my fantasy football team. My Spurs bet to win the league doesn't look the worst bet in the world now

Spurs have been terrific and provide some relief after watching Brighton put on another bore fest of short side ways and backwards passing.

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Spurs have been very good so far. Kane and Son have such a great understanding. Long may it continue for my fantasy football team. My Spurs bet to win the league doesn't look the worst bet in the world now

Son's a very underrated player. He very rarely seems to have an off day.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

A crazy thing to say, but I think that Harry Kane is one of the most underrated players around. He has been so good for so long that when a bright new player comes onto the block, people sometimes call for Kane to be dropped for England or indeed underappreciate quite how good he is. Not only is he a prolific goalscorer, but he is a brilliant passer and a really intelligent striker.

At the end of the season, if Spurs dont win anything he has to demand a move to a bigger club.

Why on earth anyone would want us to drop our best player is beyond me. Him and Sterling are the undroppables for England.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Doesnt look the best either!

On 17/10/2020 at 16:39, Oldgregg86 said:

Pickford should of been sent off for that challenge on van dijk.  Ridiculous decision to rule the late goal out . Sick to death of var drawing lines on players armpits . Just feck off and give us our game back

Yep, VAR at it's worst. If you're going to fanny about drawing lines in there seemed to be a defender in the middle whose heel was playing Van Dijk onside for the Pickford incident but irrespective of whether it was on or offside he should be sent off. If you kick or punch an opponent after the ball has gone out of play you don't get away with it because the ball is dead. I think the VAR people were trying to make Michael Oliver not look quite as bad given he missed it.

As for the disallowed goal, words fail me, even on the freeze frame with lines drawn it still looked on. Not that you should be even debating chalking off goals for the most microscopic of margins when VAR is supposed to be to rectify "clear and obvious" errors.

Feck off VAR.

1 hour ago, Darrenbot said:

I think Moyes needs to go back to coaching the team from home over the phone,won 2 games that way,back with the team today and West Ham 3-0 down to Spurs after 16 mins

Stayed 3 0 until 8 minutes left. You just could not write this. 3 3.

Well done Moyes.

46 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Doesnt look the best either!

Liverpool lost the main defender now. City look decent. Everton look good. Arsenal not challenging. Chelsea should be there. Spurs have the best striker in the league and one of the best inside forward in Son in the league. 

It would be a brave man to back anyone to win the League as no side appears able to defend. However you have to feel that it will still be between Man City and Liverpool for the title as they have that winning mentality when it comes down to the business end of the season.

38 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yep, VAR at it's worst. If you're going to fanny about drawing lines in there seemed to be a defender in the middle whose heel was playing Van Dijk onside for the Pickford incident but irrespective of whether it was on or offside he should be sent off. If you kick or punch an opponent after the ball has gone out of play you don't get away with it because the ball is dead. I think the VAR people were trying to make Michael Oliver not look quite as bad given he missed it.

As for the disallowed goal, words fail me, even on the freeze frame with lines drawn it still looked on. Not that you should be even debating chalking off goals for the most microscopic of margins when VAR is supposed to be to rectify "clear and obvious" errors.

Feck off VAR.

VAR cannot be blamed for the Pickford incident, ultimately the question is was the challenge violent conduct otherwise nothing can be done as play had technically stopped due to the offside. If the answer is yes, which it quite possibly was, then the referee (plus the "VAR referee") deserve the criticism, VAR is merely a tool that can be of benefit to the referees but they still have to use it correctly.

Regarding the offside, it is impossible to only correct clear and obvious errors without the issue becoming subjective and opening a can of worms. It either has to be black or white, onside or offside in the current forensic way which will end up in almost perfect decisions in terms of correctness aided by technology, or totally based on the linesmans judgement but of benefit in terms of the continuity of the game. There is no way that clear and obvious can be defined with VAR involved regarding offsides.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Liverpool lost the main defender now. City look decent. Everton look good. Arsenal not challenging. Chelsea should be there. Spurs have the best striker in the league and one of the best inside forward in Son in the league. 

I dont think that Chelsea will be up there, certainly not for the title, I mentioned at the time that I felt that Lampards recruitment was imbalanced and I still think that, they have conceded 9 goals in 5 games and I feel that spending big on Ziyech and Havertz as well as Werner was a luxury they couldnt afford considering their defensive record last year. Thiago Silva is an aging temporary plaster over the problem who really struggled on his debut and Chilwell is massively overpriced.

I certainly do not want Liverpool to retain their title and I suspect that they will find it difficult without Van Dijk. City for me are favourites. I suspect that Spurs lead the remaining pack for the remaining 2 Champions League spots although they lack control in midfield and are themselves a little suspect defensively as we saw today. Everton I don't see maintaining their current form throughout their season but there is no reason why they cant at least challenge for the top 4, United should be up there with their squad but their manager is an obvious achilles heel, and Arsenal quietly look impressive, I think Willian is a good signing and they have a very good attack and Thomas Partey is a superb signing, their main issue is around their defence but Arteta looks like he knows what he is doing tactically.

So just read that wolves signed Fabío silva for £40 million euros even though he had a £10 million release clause according to the Porto president who sold him. Isn’t it Mendes the agent “ in charge “at Wolves. Make your own conclusions 🙄

Edited by Oldgregg86

https://www.joe.co.uk/amp/sport/jamie-carragher-nani-defends-jordan-pickford-253399?__twitter_impression=true

I find it interesting that Carragher is defending Pickford by saying that players dont go out to break peoples legs and he knows that as well as anyone as having his leg broke himself.

I listened to the Undr the Cosh podcast recently with David Thompson in which he told a story when Jamie Carragher and a few of his mates wanted to beat up Lucas Neill having seen him in the Trafford Centre not long after being the player whose tackle led to Carraghers leg break. It was David Thompson having a coffee to essentially avoid awkwardness with Lucas Neill at the time having seen each other by chance (they didnt get on at Rovers, Thompson was mates with Carragher from his Liverpool days and was annoyed that Neill didnt go and check up on and apologise to Carragher post match) that prevented Neill from being hurt. So a bit rich from Carragher!

19 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

No Manchester or London clubs in the top 4 and Burnley rock bottom - as good a table as I’ve seen for a long time.

They play West Brom away tonight according to my paper. Relegation 6 pointer already !

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They play West Brom away tonight according to my paper. Relegation 6 pointer already !

0-0.

Apparently it was a very entertaining 0-0.

I fancy Leeds to beat Wolves in the game starting now.