speeeeeeedie

Premier League Stuff

Not exactly premier league (well Scottish PL maybe), but even Celtic fans are turning on Shane Duffy. Beautiful to see

1 hour ago, blackburnpepper said:

I was a little surprised that the reserve team of Liverpool could beat Ajax.

The strength in depth of the Big 6 squads is now awesome. Look at how Liverpool's kids beat Everton's first eleven last season in a Merseyside derby fifth round FA Cup tie.

1 hour ago, philipl said:

The strength in depth of the Big 6 squads is now awesome. Look at how Liverpool's kids beat Everton's first eleven last season in a Merseyside derby fifth round FA Cup tie.

Awesome or unfair/sickening

Very tempted to dig out the Bielsa conversation with Chaddy from the Leeds match thread last year.
Essentially the same team as last year bar Koch for White and Rodrigo starting. Sat in 4th, 10 points from 6 including Liverpool and City. 

Edited by superniko

Bielsa is absolutely brilliant as a manager. The best few million a year that Leeds have spent. Ive always felt that Bamford has been unfairly criticised at times as a Championship player but I am surprised to see him doing so well in the Premier League.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Bielsa is absolutely brilliant as a manager. The best few million a year that Leeds have spent. Ive always felt that Bamford has been unfairly criticised at times as a Championship player but I am surprised to see him doing so well in the Premier League.

Yep it’s a strange one, the Leeds fans I work with regularly under rate Bamford. Pleased to see other teams like Leeds and Everton mixing it up though. Certainly looks like it could be the most competitive year for a while. Would be great if these ‘Super League’ teams fall outside the top 4. 

9 hours ago, superniko said:

Very tempted to dig out the Bielsa conversation with Chaddy from the Leeds match thread last year.
Essentially the same team as last year bar Koch for White and Rodrigo starting. Sat in 4th, 10 points from 6 including Liverpool and City. 

Big Bamford fan was the chadster...

’He’s lazy’ ‘zero work ethic’

’Should drop him for Nketiah’

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

It's the one job in any football club where the wages shouldn't be a problem for the right man. We paid peanuts to the likes of Bowyer, Kean (until he screwed the club) and Coyle and with the latter two it cost the club millions. Mowbray will be on an average Championship managers wage and for that we will get a mid table finish whilst he is here.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

It's the one job in any football club where the wages shouldn't be a problem for the right man. We paid peanuts to the likes of Bowyer, Kean (until he screwed the club) and Coyle and with the latter two it cost the club millions. Mowbray will be on an average Championship managers wage and for that we will get a mid table finish whilst he is here.

Precisely. In the League One success about the budget, in the Championship it’s all about the manager. In the PL it’s both.

12 hours ago, superniko said:

Let's just give that one a bit of time. Leeds will undoubtedly find their level. They will stay up, but no way they finish in the top half.

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Let's just give that one a bit of time. Leeds will undoubtedly find their level. They will stay up, but no way they finish in the top half.

‘No way’ seems like a big call for something that’s an odds on shot. 
Regardless of that view, the conversation was whilst Leeds were pushing for promotion in the Championship, and we were supposedly pushing for Top 6. Now it’s shifted to whether or not they’ll finish in the top 10 of the premier league (they will by the way), and we’re sat in the bottom half of the Championship. 

7 minutes ago, superniko said:

‘No way’ seems like a big call for something that’s an odds on shot. 
Regardless of that view, the conversation was whilst Leeds were pushing for promotion in the Championship, and we were supposedly pushing for Top 6. Now it’s shifted to whether or not they’ll finish in the top 10 of the premier league (they will by the way), and we’re sat in the bottom half of the Championship. 

The conversation hasn't shifted because you aren't having it with the same people.

Equally, not that I was involved in the original discussion, but there's nothing I love more than people on the internet sharing multiple opinions but continously bringing up the ones where they felt they were right.

Leeds look good so far, but it's a long old season and they certainly won't be doing anything unprecedented if they do have a very good first year in the Premier League (see Wolves, Sheffield United, Reading...).

I am completely shocked by how well Leeds have been performing, I didn't think they were anything special at all last season. 

On 22/10/2020 at 22:29, superniko said:

Not exactly premier league (well Scottish PL maybe), but even Celtic fans are turning on Shane Duffy. Beautiful to see

Oops, he just made another error and cost Celtic a goal.

2-1 down. 

They're on course to lose 3 games in a week.

That won't make him any more popular. Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke. 

Edit: 2 goals in 2 mins and Celtic are now winning. Regardless, Duffy is still a tosser! 

Edited by Silas

22 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's was one hell of a boring game there between Man Utd and Chelsea 

Another one today Wolves v Newcastle

Anybody else think the Digne foul in the Southampton v Everton game was more accident than intent ? It's not easy to run into the back of somebodies leg like that when you're both running. It's much easier to tap the trailing leg so it gets tangled up with the front leg to bring somebody down than running into them is.

Let's hope the Dingles suffer the fall-out from Spurs' amazing collapse against west Ham last week tonight.

Sky Sports and BT Sports want these PPV games 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/13017561/sky-sports-ppv-bt-sport-scrapped/amp/#aoh=16037405378295&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s

Sky Sports source "Sky is not happy to be involved in showing the pay-per-view games. We never thought it was a good idea and nothing's changed since it started. 

"It is damaging the reputation of Sky Sports to be linked to this scheme – and that feeling is shared at BT. Everyone here would prefer for it to stop."

Bit hypocritical of SkySports tbh 

I’ve not watched a PL game since March - and I’ve not missed it one bit.

The rot started when Sky lost exclusivity - under the pretence of competition - all that happened was the price went up. I didn’t get BT out of principle. But the spell was broken. When the lockdown cancelled football I cancelled Sky Sports. I only watched football anyway so it was another wake up call.

If Rovers were to go the way of Bury I probably wouldn’t watch another football match... aside from England - but even then only at tournaments.

This year has brought the worst out of everything. Here’s hoping season 21/22 brings back the bug. I don’t expect to be watching any televised football at all once Ewood Park is open again. Depending on what Waggott does next...