1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Just checked and hes only made 8 league starts

Again, when he plays though he still has a huge influence. They missed him a lot this season IMO and he spent some time injured. They didn't replace Hazard, didn't replace Pedro and they're about to lose Willian too! Werner is a great addition but it's fixing one of many issues they've got there.

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure where to put this. I always find these signs a laugh. But have a new favourite. The Dingles are in town.

*sigh* Yes, all lives matter. That is what the BLM movement is about. No one has said that white lives don't matter. When the police created the blue lives matter, did you or other people complai

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Again, when he plays though he still has a huge influence. They missed him a lot this season IMO and he spent some time injured. They didn't replace Hazard, didn't replace Pedro and they're about to lose Willian too! Werner is a great addition but it's fixing one of many issues they've got there.

I suppose Hazard is irreplacable. The other 2 are past their best now, they do have Pulisic who has had injuries in his first season but cost 60m, they have Ziyech who has cost over 40m, Hudson Odoi who again got an injury but has been capped for England, they should have more than enough in that front 3 now.

I'm interested in seeing how the play-offs (League 2 starts in a few minutes) go.

The 2 Premier league games played so far were nothing short of a disgrace in terms of competitiveness - they basically played out like a couple of glorified on the beach end of season friendly type games and no amount of fake video game style crowd noise could make up for that.

Incidentally, did anyone else find it funny how Arsenal sent out David Luiz to deflect from and take the blame for a thoroughly inept performance (even by friendly standards). So much for the 2020 Invincibles.

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

I've never been much of a fan of Pedro. He has spurts then disappears for games on end. The Arsenal version of Theo Walcott was like that too.

Barcelona are a bit like Rovers (you won't hear that very often) in that very few players who leave there go on to better things. Granted, Barcelona are the pinnacle of the game but when they sell a player they are either past it, or not good enough. If I was a chairman I wouldn't be interested in buying their players. They always try to get exorbitant fees too.

If Messi came on the Market every club in the land would want him, but he'd cost a fortune and doesn't have long left.

13 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I've never been much of a fan of Pedro. He has spurts then disappears for games on end. The Arsenal version of Theo Walcott was like that too.

Barcelona are a bit like Rovers (you won't hear that very often) in that very few players who leave there go on to better things. Granted, Barcelona are the pinnacle of the game but when they sell a player they are either past it, or not good enough. If I was a chairman I wouldn't be interested in buying their players. They always try to get exorbitant fees too.

Of the top of my head you have Figo,  Ronaldo, Maradona, Neymar, Thiago, Eto'o and Toure. 

Pedro is a player I have always liked, in Guardiola's team his work rate and pressing incredible and he was a superb finisher. His CV is also quite something he really has won the lot.

22 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Of the top of my head you have Figo,  Ronaldo, Maradona, Neymar, Thiago, Eto'o and Toure. 

Pedro is a player I have always liked, in Guardiola's team his work rate and pressing incredible and he was a superb finisher. His CV is also quite something he really has won the lot.

You got me with a few of those.

I'll argue that Neymar is'nt what he was and although Eto'o did extremely well for Inter he didn't last long there. The same with original Ronaldo. He was never as good as when he was at Barcelona.

5 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Keane's half time rant was superb.

Yep, was saying exactly what I was thinking. I think De Gea is so over rated it's untrue.

Then of course we had the other guy and the female anchor toeing the party line and saying he was being harsh etc.

Why do De Gea and other modern keepers reach over with their right arm to save a ball going to their left and vice versa? It takes far longer and you can't reach over as far as with your natural arm.

Not sure why Gary Neville was moaning about it being a poor first half. I thought it was a very entertaining first 45 mins.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

Personally, I think the whole Keane act is pathetic. 
It’s just clickbait punditry, gets him a gig and a nice salary somewhere like Sky Sports. It’s pathetic in reality though and he offers no insight into the game at all. 

He does a lot of good charity work with guide dogs though so I can appreciate him for that. 

10 minutes ago, superniko said:

Personally, I think the whole Keane act is pathetic. 
It’s just clickbait punditry, gets him a gig and a nice salary somewhere like Sky Sports. It’s pathetic in reality though and he offers no insight into the game at all. 

He does a lot of good charity work with guide dogs though so I can appreciate him for that. 

He is turning into a bit of a caricature of himself but tonight I thought he was spot on.

The sort of thing most fans would say but most pundits won't for fear of upsetting someone.

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He is turning into a bit of a caricature of himself but tonight I thought he was spot on.

The sort of thing most fans would say but most pundits won't for fear of upsetting someone.

Not sure “I’d be throwing punches” is spot on. 
De Gea and Maguire made mistakes, they’re both still good footballers, end of debate. 

It’s a bit of a curse United having all these pundits from their glory years, they just throw in digs all the time. 

Still, I love to see them lose, or miss out on CL etc.

Shocking 2nd half from Spurs. They just retreated into their shell hoping Man Ure wouldn't be good enough to break them down.

And they probably wouldn't have been but for an abysmal piece of play from Dyer.

Can't see Mourinho lasting long at Spuds. Not a happy or natural match at all imo.

A good game to watch. I almost forgot it was BCD.

John Moss, say no more except that hes lost more form than De Gea.

I've watched most of the PL games and the ball seems in play more, throw ins and freekicks taken quicker and less poncing about by players. It may be just an illusion.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Moderation Lead

To be honest, I think De Gea certainly was a very good goalkeeper in recent years. I can’t honestly remember many goalkeepers as good at saving with their feet as him. 
However, I tend to agree with the other assessments of his form more recently.

Honestly think he makes far too many mistakes these days. He’s not quite a liability, but ‘he’s got a clanger in him’ as the saying goes...