BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Poster's Previews

• Backroom

With a new wave of positivity around the club, I thought it'd be a good time to reboot Poster's own Match Previews!

With an International break coming after Preston, it gives posters plenty of time to think about which they'd like and how they'd do it. Some things you may like to include:

Recent form guides for both sides, head-to-head, some club history, club connections, any interesting stories/facts/factoids, fan interview, predictions, a big dollop of humour. Most importantly: Your own take on the game.

Request which you'd like below and they'll be allocated on a first come, first serve basis.

Brighton Away - Sat 01 Apr 2017 - 15:00 - Mike E

Reading Away - Tue 04 Apr 2017 - 20:00

Barnsley Home - Sat 08 Apr 2017 - 15:00 - Phil T

Forest Away - Fri 14 Apr 2017 - 15:00 m1st

Bristol City Home - Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 15:00 - JohnD

Wolves Away - Sat 22 Apr 2017 - 15:00 - preston blue

Villa Home - Sat 29 Apr 2017 - 15:00 K-Hod

Brentford Away - Sun 7 May 2017 - 12:00 darrenrover

• Backroom
1 hour ago, roverstdt said:

I would be interested but I would need to check out how the old ones were done as I have a complete blank as to what the previews look like! hahaha

They can look however you wish. I'll dig one out from an old thread as an example.

Here's mine for a Charlton game last season:

Doesn't have to be as long as that (or can be longer), but it's good to see we have posters who can post quality, if I say so myself :P

I used to do quite a few previews; and one of my friends is a tame Nottingham Forest fan, so please put me down for the Forest [A] game as they plummet below us towards the relegation zone!

It's good to see a return of the optimism which having a preview to read on here imples.

Good old Mogga!!

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/03/2017 at 7:30 PM, m1st said:

I used to do quite a few previews; and one of my friends is a tame Nottingham Forest fan, so please put me down for the Forest [A] game as they plummet below us towards the relegation zone!

It's good to see a return of the optimism which having a preview to read on here imples.

Good old Mogga!!

Come on then let's be 'avin yer! :)

Mike stood down some time ago and you know both Ste and I are men with short arms and long pockets :) 

But Thanks, very much appreciated.

BTW With Mike gone, if anyone wants the thankless tasks of organising these next season  (it's really just nagging and chasing people, then pinning and unpinning threads) do let me know! 

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Glenn said:

Mike stood down some time ago and you know both Ste and I are men with short arms and long pockets :) 

But Thanks, very much appreciated.

BTW With Mike gone, if anyone wants the thankless tasks of organising these next season  (it's really just nagging and chasing people, then pinning and unpinning threads) do let me know! 

I'll put myself forward for that, Glenn!

Just now, K-Hod said:

I'll put myself forward for that, Glenn!

Just now, Glenn said:

I was trying to make your life easier (given all the mod stuff you're doing now we're light on numbers) not add to it. But thanks, until somebody else steps forward, it's all yours. Ta! 

K-Hod, I'm happy to do this if you have other responsibilities. I'll have the time to organise it and my situation now gives me more free time than I've ever had!

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Phil T said:

K-Hod, I'm happy to do this if you have other responsibilities. I'll have the time to organise it and my situation now gives me more free time than I've ever had!

Then yeah, feel free to take it on, thanks. I'll do a few previews over the course of the season, anyhow.

58 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Please?

Yeah course! I don't want to take away from you the highlight of chasing up a Shrewsbury preview. It's all yours. ;)

Even though this thread is in plain sight people start match threads before the person doing the preview has had a chance to post first.  

If that keen maybe they can volunteer to do proper previews.

The new Bristol City thread is the latest example of this. 

Archived