BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Club Social Media Partner

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

Well then...... I got the impression Wayne Wild had beef with the club (he's not alone, to be fair), is he still on the board there? Not that it really matters like.

It seems to be a fairly meaningless agreement in the scheme of things.

Just now, K-Hod said:

Well then...... I got the impression Wayne Wild had beef with the club (he's not alone, to be fair), is he still on the board there? Not that it really matters like.

It seems to be a fairly meaningless agreement in the scheme of things.

Meaningless? Given the quotes it's an amazing turnabout. Chaddyesque.

Would love to know what has changed with the club's ownership for such a volte-face?

• Backroom

Not sure about this, people have shown a distrust of Davies online and it's not long since Wayne sat at a table vowing to fly to India in a bid to get the owners out.

• Backroom

Wayne has been responding on here and denied this but it's been mentioned  in the past that a seat on the board as a fan representative was something he wanted and this doesn't do anything to dispel that!

Just now, Gav said:

Feathering his own nest, not unexpected really, as anyone who has dealt with WEC will no doubt tell you.

Makes me sick to the stomach to be honest.

He's not the only one who used the plight of the club to gain recognition. He won't be the last to benefit from this either.

Not really any such thing as bad sponsorship in my opinion. This club's commercial department has been on its knees for years. People blame ticket sales for our revenues being so low in comparison to rivals yet our commercial income and activities are an embarrassment.

Just look at Fulham on Tuesday night. Advertising boards for Disneyland Florida and Visit Florida, granted their Florida based owner will be responsible but isn't it amazing how other Championship clubs can attract decent lucrative sponsors whilst people like Cheston claim there's no market and no interest in sponsorship for mediocre Championship clubs.

Seems a bit bizarre really. I've never heard of a 'social media partner' at any club and on a deal until the end of the season suggests it has been done at a knock down rate to see how it goes.

Suppose its a good idea for WEC given the number of people who must go on Rovers' website and twitter accounts every day.

17 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Good for the club to be linked with a local business.

Some fans seem to find the negative slant on everything to do with the club. 

You strike me as the sort of person that someone could take a massive deuce on your carpet and you'd say... "Cheers"

If Wayne gets a seat on the board then he'll be viewed as Venkys to many fans... Plain and simple. 

19 hours ago, JHRover said:

Not really any such thing as bad sponsorship in my opinion. This club's commercial department has been on its knees for years. People blame ticket sales for our revenues being so low in comparison to rivals yet our commercial income and activities are an embarrassment.

Just look at Fulham on Tuesday night. Advertising boards for Disneyland Florida and Visit Florida, granted their Florida based owner will be responsible but isn't it amazing how other Championship clubs can attract decent lucrative sponsors whilst people like Cheston claim there's no market and no interest in sponsorship for mediocre Championship clubs.

Seems a bit bizarre really. I've never heard of a 'social media partner' at any club and on a deal until the end of the season suggests it has been done at a knock down rate to see how it goes.

Suppose its a good idea for WEC given the number of people who must go on Rovers' website and twitter accounts every day.

This! I've been banging on about this for a while, shame some folk don't have the capacity to understand.

18 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Some serious over reaction and to the announcement, but, it is to be expected, fans haver seriously divided views and opinions.  

Local man getting involved can only be a good thing.

Far from it. Most local sponsors including WEC wouldn't touch the club with a keany stick whilst Venkys are here.

a traitor and now resigned/ canned from the trust, hopefully it's the last we hear of Wayne and cWEC 

Archived