BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Club Social Media Partner

5 hours ago, Jimbo2 said:

Wayne Wild should be strung up by his @#/?

Top table spouting his @#/? followed by doing nothing except pursuing his own personal agenda

shameful

Lot of people who pursue there own agenda in life !!! 

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 17/03/2017 at 4:10 PM, Tom said:

Wayne has been responding on here and denied this but it's been mentioned  in the past that a seat on the board as a fan representative was something he wanted and this doesn't do anything to dispel that!

I don't know Wayne from Adam but as I have said previously from certain things that he has said and his initial positions within the protest movement I felt that he had long desired a position on the board. I'm happy to be corrected and Wayne is free to fight his corner, merely my interpretation of things over a number of years. 

On 3/17/2017 at 4:26 PM, Mike E said:

Just wonder, why the sudden about-turn? The reason they stopped is still here.

Good news for me.

It means he must have had cast iron assurances that the owners will really invest in building the club back to where it was, when they came in.

Supporting the club's communication in this way must mean an end to all the lies and false promises of the last six years.

Hurrah!!

What does "Social Media Partner" actually mean anyway?  Does it mean all official tweets will end "sponsored by WEC"? if so, I think I may unfollow them.

Got to admit that when I saw the announcement my first thought was that it was mass hypocrisy having pulled sponsorship a few years back due to the owners.  That hasn't changed so what has changed? 

Just now, Biddy said:

What does "Social Media Partner" actually mean anyway?  Does it mean all official tweets will end "sponsored by WEC"? if so, I think I may unfollow them.

Got to admit that when I saw the announcement my first thought was that it was mass hypocrisy having pulled sponsorship a few years back due to the owners.  That hasn't changed so what has changed? 

Last minute change of plan. It was due to be sponsored by Lord Haw-Haw

On 3/18/2017 at 0:57 PM, Bigdoggsteel said:

The begrudgery is strong on this thread. 

Do ye not understand that the club needs these corporate links? It is how business works. 

Were some of you not complaining in another thread that the club isn't doing enough to maintain corporate ties in the community? 

The club can do no wrong for you can they? I'm convinced you're a plant. 

Also does context ever mean anything to you either? The fact he has been so anti-Venkys till now means it is very surprising in the least, especially when many of the grievances he held don't seem to have been addressed. So why the change? 

12 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

The club can do no wrong for you can they? I'm convinced you're a plant. 

Also does context ever mean anything to you either? The fact he has been so anti-Venkys till now means it is very surprising in the least, especially when many of the grievances he held don't seem to have been addressed. So why the change? 

This is about a local business sponsoring the club. It is good for the club, it is good for the business. Fans should not take it personally. 

Do you use the business? If you do and don't like their advertising, stop using them. If you don't use the business, you ain't their market. 

To be honest the amount of moaning and negativity I see on here, I believe some posters should just boycott supporting the club full stop. They would not be missed. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

To be honest the amount of moaning and negativity I see on here, I believe some posters should just boycott supporting the club full stop. They would not be missed. 

You'd love that I bet, so you can live in your perfect candy coated bullsh*t bubble in Venky world on BRFCS. From 8th in the prem to league 1 candidates with 100+ million pounds worth of debt as a cherry on top... Let's forget that though because of Tony Mowbray and a few points picked up. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

This is about a local business sponsoring the club. It is good for the club, it is good for the business. Fans should not take it personally. 

Do you use the business? If you do and don't like their advertising, stop using them. If you don't use the business, you ain't their market. 

You're in Ireland Bigdog, how deep does your association with Rovers run?

Are you from Blackburn and moved?

54 minutes ago, Biddy said:

I'm secretly hoping something has changed but I'm not holding my breath.

Just now, darrenrover said:

You're in Ireland Bigdog, how deep does your association with Rovers run?

Are you from Blackburn and moved?

Plenty of people I know in Ireland do get it. Any football supporter should get it. Our club has been trashed, robbed and brought to its knees.

What is not to get?....unless....(think xylem, phloem, photosynthesis etc, )

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

Plenty of people I know in Ireland do get it. Any football supporter should get it. Our club has been trashed, robbed and brought to its knees.

What is not to get?....unless....(think xylem, phloem, photosynthesis etc, )

I had a xylem phloem once. Couldn't get a note out of it. 

Just now, Stuart said:

I'm secretly hoping something has changed but I'm not holding my breath.

More likely professional interests outweighed personal commitments. Not just agents/players/the mass paid off have heavier pockets after the last few years! Either directly or indirectly.

As for "social media sponsorship" I can only imagine they'll have some players for WEC promotional twitter/FB stuff or use the facilities. Just another 21st century buzzword; Synergy.

Just now, Jbizzle said:

More likely professional interests outweighed personal commitments. Not just agents/players/the mass paid off have heavier pockets after the last few years! Either directly or indirectly.

As for "social media sponsorship" I can only imagine they'll have some players for WEC promotional twitter/FB stuff or use the facilities. Just another 21st century buzzword; Synergy.

Tbf I don't usually agree with you but spot on here

30 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's also about a vocal and influential protester doing a complete u turn too, but as always you fail to see the wider context of things.

I'd feel a lot less wary about your posts if you acknowledged their were issue. For example if you acknowledged the conflict of interest in Senior's wife's job (btw all potential conflicts of interest have to be declared in accounts, having just done the charity I work for accounts) then gave reasons why it might not be a problem. Or here suggested reasons why there is a u turn in Wild's stance (like Stuart and others have done.) Instead you pretend there are no issues and tell fans who are concerned - because they care - to stop supporting the club.

Not very classy.

It doesn't add to the debate.

it riles people up and is divisive.

You come across as completely clueless and unaware of the situation OR worse deliberately trying to spread propaganda that there is nothing bad or problematic at Rovers.

Just now, Blue blood said:

It's also about a vocal and influential protester doing a complete u turn too, but as always you fail to see the wider context of things.

I'd feel a lot less wary about your posts if you acknowledged their were issue. For example if you acknowledged the conflict of interest in Senior's wife's job (btw all potential conflicts of interest have to be declared in accounts, having just done the charity I work for accounts) then gave reasons why it might not be a problem. Or here suggested reasons why there is a u turn in Wild's stance (like Stuart and others have done.) Instead you pretend there are no issues and tell fans who are concerned - because they care - to stop supporting the club.

Not very classy.

You come across as completely clueless and unaware of the situation OR worse deliberately trying to spread propaganda that there is nothing bad or problematic at Rovers.

I think people are guarded about this poster and no wonder.

Just now, Blue blood said:

Not very classy.

Nicely summed up....

Wayne Wild will be on the rovers board quick as a flash if asked.  That would be a major victory for venkys and a kick in the nuts for the ordinary ticket buyer who thought they had some influential support holding the venkys to task.  Judas Wild in some eyes

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:23 PM, Stuart said:

Meaningless? Given the quotes it's an amazing turnabout. Chaddyesque.

Would love to know what has changed with the club's ownership for such a volte-face?

Seneca to sponsor the Boardroom and the 2 Ian s to become godparents to Pasha's kids. 

2 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Not very classy.

If you actually read my posts you would see that I don't pretend there are no issues. I just prefer to discuss ones that actually matter. Not fixating on nonsense like what Paul Seniors wife does. 

Like a lot of posters here though,you are more hot air and bluster than actual substance. 

• Backroom
15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If you actually read my posts you would see that I don't pretend there are no issues. I just prefer to discuss ones that actually matter. Not fixating on nonsense like what Paul Seniors wife does. 

Like a lot of posters here though,you are more hot air and bluster than actual substance. 

How is it nonsense?

Our DoF (Mr Senior) has brought in one player, and it's someone apparently represented by Mrs Senior. That means the Senior household would benefit from any 'agent fee' that left our club's account as a result of that loan (on top of the salary he receives). Essentially, by loaning Joao, Senior may have given his household extra money. Whether that is true or not, I couldn't say, but it's a concern.

We have been screwed over by agents for nearly 7 years now, so it's okay to be concerned that it's happening again.

Just now, Mike E said:

How is it nonsense?

Our DoF (Mr Senior) has brought in one player, and it's someone apparently represented by Mrs Senior. That means the Senior household benefits from any 'agent fee' that left our club's account as a result of that loan (on top of the salary he receives). Essentially, by loaning Joao, Senior may have given his household extra money.

We have been screwed over by agents for nearly 7 years now, so it's okay to be concerned that it's happening again.

Mike you're wasting your time trying to explain this to the likes of BDS etc they don't want to know 

Archived