BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Brentford v Rovers. 7th May

Good news. I've never seen Blackburn lose at Brentford before.

Bad news. I've never been to Brentford before.

If we can't be up for this game, we don't deserve to stay up. A must win 'cup final' game. As long as the players show Tim Flowers' bottle then that's all we can ask....but ideally a Gallagher hat-trick and a Jimmy Glass-Raya scramble over the line in the last minute to keep us up and sent Birmingham or Forest down.

C'mon Rovers!

#VenkysOut

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Ticket Office rang my mate as he'd left his details... and we're going!

Oh Christ! :(

With it being  on TV I wimped out of trying to get one as I didn't fancy trailing there and back in a day to be faced with the crushing disappointment coming home if results go against us.

Well done to all the travelling fans for showing more cahones than me. I sincerely hope you all have a day to remember for all the right as opposed to the wrong reasons.

22 hours ago, Mercer said:

From recollection, Hird and Bailey came to the fore under Jim Smith's reign which began in 1975 after we'd just been promoted from the old Third Division under Gordon Lee.

Jim converted Hird from midfield to right full back with Bailey playing left full back.  Both lads liked to storm forward, often with good effect given their pace.  Hird was very skilful and tricky, a good reader of the game, whilst Bailey was a typical scouser, confident and ebullient.  Some of the football under Jim was great to watch, although kamikaze at times but they were good times with some great memories.  No memory better under Jim than Boxing Day 1977 at 'The Turf' where we won 3-2 having torn them to shreds in the first half leading 3-0 - we then contrived to miss a penalty but hung on in the end with at least 10,000 Rovers' fans on that day.  Anyone remember Keith Fear....................wow, what a debut - don't think anyone knew Rovers had even signed him until he ran out. 

Fear missed the penalty just after half time.

Great day but nasty atmosphere with golf and pool balls being flung from all directions, but as a teenager it was brilliant.

On 4/30/2017 at 7:25 AM, Mercer said:

Being on Sky will make the match a more difficult one as Brentford will be more determined put on a show.  Despite this, I'm going for Rovers to win and, probably, stay up.

Mercer said it first, we're relegated.

Just now, LeChuck said:

Sorry if this has been said already, but why is the entire division kicking off at 12?

Possibly because Sky have got some 'important' premier league games on...

44 minutes ago, LeChuck said:

Sorry if this has been said already, but why is the entire division kicking off at 12?

all at same time si no one gets an unfair advantage of knowing what they need before the game.

12 so can show the games on tv as can't for a 3pm kick off. And can get in Premiership games on Sunday to boot.

Just now, Blue blood said:

all at same time si no one gets an unfair advantage of knowing what they need before the game.

12 so can show the games on tv as can't for a 3pm kick off. And can get in Premiership games on Sunday to boot.

I'm pretty sure the 3pm KO thing is only on Saturdays. 

It's just cos Sky can do what they want. Both Liverpool and Man U are also playing Sunday, don't you know! :rolleyes:

Hi guys, Im a ground hopper with no major affiliation with any team. But I was hoping to get 2 tickets for this game in the away end as its such an important game for Blackburn. Happy to pay over the odds, apologies if asking this is against board rules or something. No worries whatsoever if nothing's available

8 hours ago, AAK said:

No 2, so if forest win 1-0 we need to win 3-0, think we can get that out of our heads, as if Forest win, we need to score at least 3, that won't happen.

More realistic than Rovers scoring 3 and winnin is if we lose 1-0 then we need Forest to lose 3-0

2 hours ago, TimFroggy said:

Hi guys, Im a ground hopper with no major affiliation with any team. But I was hoping to get 2 tickets for this game in the away end as its such an important game for Blackburn. Happy to pay over the odds, apologies if asking this is against board rules or something. No worries whatsoever if nothing's available

What are you, some sort of masochist....?

17 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

With it being  on TV I wimped out of trying to get one as I didn't fancy trailing there and back in a day to be faced with the crushing disappointment coming home if results go against us.

Well done to all the travelling fans for showing more cahones than me. I sincerely hope you all have a day to remember for all the right as opposed to the wrong reasons.

is this game on tv? which channel will be showing this?

okay never mind, its being shown on our Pay Channel as well here in South Africa. Nice:)

Capture.JPG

10 hours ago, preston blue said:

Yes.  Let's all go dressed as Diane Abbott wearing a police helmet,

You would be rightly arrested.

And not for wearing a police helmet.

Edit: I just had a vision of 1,600 Diane Abbot smiling faces in the away end at Brentford.

'orrible 'orrible as 'Arry would say.

A day out at Dante's Inferno would be more fun.

11 hours ago, TimFroggy said:

Are you 'Arry trying to make Rovers out to be ticket touts? Very naughty.

Got a call from one of the girls in the ticket office today to sort me out with two seated tickets. Happy days.

Overnight bus from Glasgow on Saturday night with a few beers then fly home at 7pm Sunday. Taken Monday off work as I'll hopefully be celebrating and watching the recording of the game.

COYB

Just now, Ryan said:

Got a call from one of the girls in the ticket office today to sort me out with two seated tickets. Happy days.

Overnight bus from Glasgow on Saturday night with a few beers then fly home at 7pm Sunday. Taken Monday off work as I'll hopefully be celebrating and watching the recording of the game.

COYB

Good for you mate. If the players are as committed as you on Sunday we might have a chance of winning.

Just now, Ryan said:

COYB

what was her name? number? :D

Archived