BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Brentford v Rovers. 7th May

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

It's my birthday the following day as well. 

For Christ's sake Rovers, let me have the inevitable hangover with at least our survival guaranteed as well!!

How is Brentfords long running new London Stadium plan progressing? I see London Irish want to ground share but I cant find a current update on the actual stadium or indeed if planning apps have been completed or construction begun. Quite odd.

If it is going ahead and if the Mowbray Majic fails then this match may well be Rovers last ever visit to Griffin Park.

A good old fashioned ground to go to except the seating on the upper tier where your knees are in your chin.

Try standing on the lower level.

There has always been a pub on each corner outside the ground although I hear a rumour that one of them may have shut (any update anyone please?).  Make a day of it by booking a Trumans Brewery tour beforehand,

1 hour ago, preston blue said:

A good old fashioned ground to go to except the seating on the upper tier where your knees are in your chin.

Try standing on the lower level.

There has always been a pub on each corner outside the ground although I hear a rumour that one of them may have shut (any update anyone please?).  Make a day of it by booking a Trumans Brewery tour beforehand,

One of them was shut down when I visited the area before going to Twickenham in October last year 

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

Can't be done by train

Train to London then tube to South Ealing ?

I know when I've been in London and gone to Ascot we get the tube to Ealing, walk close past the ground and then get the train from Brentford to Ascot.

Just now, Hasta said:

Train to London then tube to South Ealing ?

I know when I've been in London and gone to Ascot we get the tube to Ealing, walk close past the ground and then get the train from Brentford to Ascot.

The only train is the 8.05 from Man Piccadilly. Gets Euston 10.58. Not enough time to get to Griffin Park for 12.00.

23 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

The only train is the 8.05 from Man Piccadilly. Gets Euston 10.58. Not enough time to get to Griffin Park for 12.00.

It would be leaving it really tight. A couple of seasons ago I caught this train for a noon kick off at Fulham and just got there in time. There is a train leaving at 8.05 from Leeds which gets in to Kings Cross around 10.30.

Once again the travelling fans are not taken into consideration by the authorites.

Just now, arbitro said:

It would be leaving it really tight. A couple of seasons ago I caught this train for a noon kick off at Fulham and just got there in time. There is a train leaving at 8.05 from Leeds which gets in to Kings Cross around 10.30.

Once again the travelling fans are not taken into consideration by the authorites.

Its bloody Sky TV.

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

Its bloody Sky TV.

It is but in recent seasons haven't the last Championship games kicked off at 13.30? Looking at the Sky shedule they haven't even chosen a PL game yet.

2 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

Ok. Hadn't realised kick off time. Hadn't even considered it was Sunday tbh.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

It is but in recent seasons haven't the last Championship games kicked off at 13.30? Looking at the Sky shedule they haven't even chosen a PL game yet.

Sky TV slowly making a right mess of it.

Used to be all league games finished same weekend with cup final 3.00 the following Saturday.

This season, League 1 finishes a week before the Championship and League 2. Premiership goes on for weeks. No idea why.

0657 Preston to Euston 0907

0922 Euston to Vauxhall 0944

0956 Vauxhall to Brentford 1022

-----------------------------------------

1509 Brentford to Vauxhall 1534

1539 Vauxhall to Euston 1601

1630 Euston to Preston 1840

But Sunday train services and the cost of rail fares!

2 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

Sky TV slowly making a right mess of it.

Used to be all league games finished same weekend with cup final 3.00 the following Saturday.

This season, League 1 finishes a week before the Championship and League 2. Premiership goes on for weeks. No idea why.

To maximise viewing figures for the "crunch" Premier League fixtures?

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/blackburn-rovers-brentford-ticketing-travel-information-3636785.aspx

Three phases of sales for Brentford tickets.

The club is expecting 6 points out of 6 over Easter then? Best dig my sleeping bag out...

:blink:

Maybe Rovers last ever visit to Griffin Park.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived