On 25/03/2017 at 3:47 PM, JohnD said:

0657 Preston to Euston 0907

0922 Euston to Vauxhall 0944

0956 Vauxhall to Brentford 1022

-----------------------------------------

1509 Brentford to Vauxhall 1534

1539 Vauxhall to Euston 1601

1630 Euston to Preston 1840

But Sunday train services and the cost of rail fares!

Are you sure about those times? When we looked at trains from Preston on Sunday 7th there was one at 4am and one at 6am both with replacement bus services to manc first and both taking about 6 hours vs the usual 2hrs30 ish getting in at 10-11 ish 

Things may have changed. Either way hanging fire because I'm not having a £200 day with ticket/travel etc in London on a Sunday for a dead rubber. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just hope we have something to play for after this weekend. I would hate to be travelling to London (along with 1600 others) for a dead rubber and relegation wake.

Given the proximity to the pitch and where the players tunnel is at least we will be able to vent our spleens at some of our shrinking violets.

27 minutes ago, Tom said:

Tony's boys will be too much for a Brentford side on the beach. Fancy us to score at least 4 to see us to safety.

You been sharing Mercer's over strength grape juice ?

Has anyone had any luck buying tickets this evening? Saying there are no seats available online (through an error I think though rather than them being sold out all of a sudden) while the call just ends when you ring up and select an option.

42 minutes ago, frosty said:

Has anyone had any luck buying tickets this evening? Saying there are no seats available online (through an error I think though rather than them being sold out all of a sudden) while the call just ends when you ring up and select an option.

It sold out within 45 minutes of today's game finishing

• Glenn changed the title to Next Game: Brentford v Rovers. 7th May 2017
  • Glenn pinned this topic

I'm no Nostradamus but I think we'll need to win to stay up.

Brentford are good at home. We'll need to defend deep and try and nick a win. Trying to attack these away from home would probably mean a bit of a stuffing.

As a bit of a Nostradamus I informed Mercer of the correct Villa score in the match thread before the Villa game started. He was having a bit of a crisis of confidence at the time. By half-time he had volte-faced and was predicting a win. By full-time he was the bookies worst nightmare and the resident board tipster again. More front than Blackpool that lad;)

So, as a direct descendant of Nostradamus, I am now going to inform Mercer of the Brenford score well in advance.

We will again 1-0.

You can hang McCririck's wine glass on it. 

Image result for john mccririck

2 hours ago, philipl said:

Horrible team to have to get a win against.

I have already lived next Sunday lunch time dozens of times in my head but the only conclusion I have come to is:

TIME TO GET LUCKY FOLKS!

The vagaries of ball games !!!

All to play for ...

7 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I'm no Nostradamus but I think we'll need to win to stay up.

Brentford are good at home. We'll need to defend deep and try and nick a win. Trying to attack these away from home would probably mean a bit of a stuffing.

As a bit of a Nostradamus I informed Mercer of the correct Villa score in the match thread before the Villa game started. He was having a bit of a crisis of confidence at the time. By half-time he had volte-faced and was predicting a win. By full-time he was the bookies worst nightmare and the resident board tipster again. More front than Blackpool that lad;)

So, as a direct descendant of Nostradamus, I am now going to inform Mercer of the Brenford score well in advance.

We will again 1-0.

You can hang McCririck's wine glass on it. 

Image result for john mccririck

Can you put us all out of our misery and tell us if it will be enough to keep us up or not?

@Mercer and @blueboy3333, when will we ever learn to not predict matches relating to Rovers?!?! You should know by now that anything in this league can happen. Even the latest result in this league is testament to that!

Just now, Phil T said:

@Mercer and @blueboy3333, when will we ever learn to not predict matches relating to Rovers?!?! You should know by now that anything in this league can happen. Even the latest result in this league is testament to that!

How very dare you:).

I got the Villa result spot on. I was also not entirely serious in my post to Mercer. Tongue in cheek stuff as he would say.

Archived