BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Brentford v Rovers. 7th May

Just now, Rover_Shaun said:

I once scored a 1st minite goal in my first ever school football match. Using your pointless law of averages I could have been a Ballon Dor winner by 15 ;)

Your example is not using averages. Yours is based on random chance a fluke or just a plain crap keeper.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am starting to think this whole Huddersfield fiasco is going to cost against us by making Brentford a more alert and dangerous proposition, for fear anything else will see them accused of "damaging the integrity of the competition" 

Hopefully works on Bristol city too 

I don't hold much hope of an Ipswich result

Well i never thought i would have the balls to turn up to the game this weekend but thank to Jimmy it has made my trip from France to get to it worth it. I am expecting the worse but praying for the best outcome. Either way I know people will talk about how divided our fan base is but I also believe we have one of the best Fan base in the UK. Through all the stuff we have been through for 7 years some people are still optimistic about our long term future, other turn up to game and cheer on the team, while other fight to save the club. We should be proud of our fan base, proud of our history, and proud that no matter what we will be the true Blackburn Rovers no matter what the Venky's throw at us. COYB!!!!!

As a Brentford fan just want to say I hope you do manage to stay up, it's a bit weird really as I obviously never want to see Brentford lose but personally I would love to see Brum get relegated mainly because there fans are always dickheads although I think most Bee's want to see Warburton go down. Hate to say it but since January we have been playing some of our best ever football at GP, think you need to score first because if we do and you then open up we have a lot of pacy wide players who will hit you on the break. Great effort by Rovers selling out for a Sunday midday game , the Griffin is the best pub right next to the away end although all are very friendly,  for any down there Saturday night the Globe is also a great pub with decent food. Us older Bee's always remember our cup win at your place in 89 it's one of our stand out games considering up until our promotion three years ago we had spent all but one year in the bottom two divisions and had gone through our own Venky situation with Ron Noades which ended up with the fans taking over the club until Matthew Benham our current owner and life long fan took over and we have been on the best journey you could imagine ever since, good luck Rovers and I hope you can also find your next Jack Walker 

Greetings essexbees. Your post was a good read.

I have been following the progress of your new stadium and saw that plot development started in March and that the stable bricks are being saved and used in an historical sense.

Good luck in your future apart from Sunday!:rover:

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Greetings essexbees. Your post was a good read.

I have been following the progress of your new stadium and saw that plot development started in March and that the stable bricks are being saved and used in an historical sense.

Good luck in your future apart from Sunday!:rover:

Thanks mate, yeah we can't wait for the new ground although it's going be sad to leave GP it's a great little old school ground and been part of all of our lives since we were kids but if we are going to survive in the championship we need to move on, GP only holds 12,000 and we have no corporate income and hospitality is an Italian restaurant in Brentford high St! 

We owe everything to Matthew Benham, we would be conference league without him

36 minutes ago, essexbees said:

As a Brentford fan just want to say I hope you do manage to stay up, it's a bit weird really as I obviously never want to see Brentford lose but personally I would love to see Brum get relegated mainly because there fans are always dickheads although I think most Bee's want to see Warburton go down. Hate to say it but since January we have been playing some of our best ever football at GP, think you need to score first because if we do and you then open up we have a lot of pacy wide players who will hit you on the break. Great effort by Rovers selling out for a Sunday midday game , the Griffin is the best pub right next to the away end although all are very friendly,  for any down there Saturday night the Globe is also a great pub with decent food. Us older Bee's always remember our cup win at your place in 89 it's one of our stand out games considering up until our promotion three years ago we had spent all but one year in the bottom two divisions and had gone through our own Venky situation with Ron Noades which ended up with the fans taking over the club until Matthew Benham our current owner and life long fan took over and we have been on the best journey you could imagine ever since, good luck Rovers and I hope you can also find your next Jack Walker 

Nice one essexbees.

None of us are looking for the next Jack Walker. Just the next Not Venkys.

In what has probably been the most bizarre conspiracy theory ahead of Brentford's meeting with Blackburn was that Dean Smith was the best man at Tony Mowbray's wedding.

Its all sorted lads dont worry........................

6 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Your example is not using averages. Yours is based on random chance a fluke or just a plain crap keeper.

I know. It's almost as far fetched as extrapolating a full season from the 14 games under Marvin Mowbray :D

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/05/blackburn-rovers-championship-tony-mowbray-nottingham-forest-birmingham-city

Mowbray on the match strategy, League 1 and potential budget for next year. Got to hand it to him again, he's always honest and informative and he doesn't blame others for his or our predicament. Top bloke on the face of it and I hope the players do it for him, and us, on Sunday.

57 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/05/blackburn-rovers-championship-tony-mowbray-nottingham-forest-birmingham-city

Mowbray on the match strategy, League 1 and potential budget for next year. Got to hand it to him again, he's always honest and informative and he doesn't blame others for his or our predicament. Top bloke on the face of it and I hope the players do it for him, and us, on Sunday.

Good article. The only objection I would have once again is the refetence to bringing another striker on if Forest are doing well. As we are the ones who are behind we should be being pro-active not merely reacting after the event to happenings elsewhere. If it turns out we need to score a certain number of goals, its hard enough to do that over 90. Over 20 or 25, you're making life so much more difficult for yourself. Mowbray's "Plan A" obviously involves assuming one of the others at least will slip up and we just have to keep it tight . We should be assuming that both will win therefore our default position should be we have to try and win at least 3-0 with anything else that happens to alter that to be considered a bonus.

5 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Good article. The only objection I would have once again is the refetence to bringing another striker on if Forest are doing well. As we are the ones who are behind we should be being pro-active not merely reacting after the event to happenings elsewhere. If it turns out we need to score a certain number of goals, its hard enough to do that over 90. Over 20 or 25, you're making life so much more difficult for yourself. Mowbray's "Plan A" obviously involves assuming one of the others at least will slip up and we just have to keep it tight . We should be assuming that both will win therefore our default position should be we have to try and win at least 3-0 with anything else that happens to alter that to be considered a bonus.

Agreed. What happens if it's 0-0 Forest and 1-0 Rovers with 20 minutes left? He must have no belief in his defenders or midfielders if he can't play 2 or even 3 attackers from the off.

What a shame managers aren't allowed to make 10 changes during the match so that they can do the best thing for their club.

4 minutes ago, Athlete said:

One piece I picked up from the article is he wants to start the championship next season on level points with everyone else make of that what you will 

Yes, good spot. A little throwaway line right at the end.

Can only mean he's worried about losing ten points because we could be in administration.

Can't see what else it could mean. Fits with sacking the cleaners.:angry:

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

'I’m still hoping for the chance to start a Championship season on level points with everyone else'

I think Mowbray is simply saying he wants to start next season in the same division, but not miles behind nearly everyone else on points like he was this season when he joined.

That's how I interpreted the comment. I can't see him referring to administration in an interview.

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Yes, good spot. A little throwaway line right at the end.

Can only mean he's worried about losing ten points because we could be in administration.

Can't see what else it could mean. Fits with sacking the cleaners.:angry:

15 isn't it?

Personally very worried about administration (which I was more relaxed and positive like Chaddy).

Perversely, I think there is more chance of that in the Championship than in League One. We simply cannot afford the 9th highest wage bill in the league with our ticket and merchandising income. Relegation clauses and cheaper players and we might be able to run the club as a League Two standard hand-to-mouth outfit. The only reason we have a stadium, training complex and academy are because of the legacy of Uncle Jack. What have Venkys added - in 7 years?

Had a great time at our last game at Griffin Park! It was a pretty dull match for a while, then Hanley got sent off for a questionable second yellow with plenty to go so we'd all accepted our fate... and then Duffy pulled off that miraculous goal at the end, plus the epic celebration. A rare happy memory of Duffy's tenure! (And that goal was a lay off from Tony Watt - remember when he had us all mildly excited! Checking on him, he had 1 goal in 17 with Hearts on loan, then went back to Charlton where he's scored 2 in 16 this year...)

In terms of outcome... I'm personally hoping for the comedy option: we lose 1-0, but stay up cause Forest loses 3-0 haha... That's the kind of result this season deserves.

It'll be a bit of a weird atmosphere with everyone checking their phones throughout! Regardless of how Brum or Forest do, I just hope we put up a proper fight throughout. It'll be so disheartening otherwise...

Archived