BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Brentford v Rovers. 7th May

After flip flopping my idea of what the outcome might be Im settling on the idea that we stay up and Im so confident on we staying up that Im covering as much poss combinations or results in treble bets at the bookies.

I just have this niggling that we have a lot of factors that could go our way for staying up, as I read elsewhere we can lose n stay up or draw n stay up I know we could win and go down but I think the gods might just smile on us tomorrow.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on Rovers you useless bunch of total shysters. I wish I felt the players cared as much as me!

I never felt more like singing the blues....the Rovers win, the Brentford lose oh oh...you got me singing the blues.

The blues are staying up, the blues are staying up...

The football league, the football league, is upside down, is upside down....

Win or lose, I still don't really like our owners very much.

1 hour ago, onlyonejackwalker said:

Come on Rovers you useless bunch of total shysters. I wish I felt the players cared as much as me!

I never felt more like singing the blues....the Rovers win, the Brentford lose oh oh...you got me singing the blues.

The blues are staying up, the blues are staying up...

The football league, the football league, is upside down, is upside down....

Win or lose, I still don't really like our owners very much.

Exactly.

I desperately want us to stay up, but I keep reminding myself of what the @#/?s did after the Wolves euphoria in 2011.

Again, I want this brief moment of survival euphoria, but I know there is no hope as long, as they remain.

A plague on Venky's and their secret partners and stakeholders!!

They are cutting the budget whether we stay up or go down. 10 mill budget in the champ sees us rooted to the bottom all next season probably but 10 mill budget in lge 1 should see a club like us going back up.

However it's not that simple as money from Rovers budget is still largely wasted, already committed to those long gone or bled out at various angles. 

Dream scenario is stay up but with the club for sale as a championship club !  

6 hours ago, Athlete said:

One piece I picked up from the article is he wants to start the championship next season on level points with everyone else make of that what you will 

I took it to clearly mean he was always up against it given the points position when he arrived and we have never quite done enough to make the deficitt up therefore he would love the chance to start next season in the same division from a level playing field. 

Particularly when you read it in conjunction with the final paragraph.

8 hours ago, Stuart said:

Agreed. What happens if it's 0-0 Forest and 1-0 Rovers with 20 minutes left? He must have no belief in his defenders or midfielders if he can't play 2 or even 3 attackers from the off.

What a shame managers aren't allowed to make 10 changes during the match so that they can do the best thing for their club.

I can't think of any worse scenario than scoring after 5 or 10 mins then parking the bus for the rest of the game only to go down because Forest or Brum score on 85 leaving us no time to do anything about it.

It would almost be like throwing the game because we've spent 80 mins not really trying to score again.

Just now, Tom said:

I'm just glad that in 24 hours it will be all over one way or another 

I hate the close season. (Apart from the Open golf)

Whilst I certainly wouldn't describe this as one of our better seasons, I wish the season didnt finish for another  3 months the players had a couple of  weeks off liike the rest of us and we cracked off all over again!  

If I'm totally honest we are relying on one of the others slipping up, we've manage to out score a team by more than one goal once this season and that was at home to Rotherham (4-2) so to expect us to spank Brentford away from home is very unlikely. I think if we can focus on getting 3 points it will be the main thing and then the rest is out of our hands. Beat Brentford will be a huge challenge in itself we won't beat them by much if we do.

im relying on us winning and Brum drawing, I think a full crowd at the home will be to much for an on the beach Ipswich. But this is football who knows its been a crazy season. 

Froest 2nil

Brum draw 2-2 with Bristol 

Rovers beat Brentford with an 85 min outside the box bottom left corner (Bennett)

Getting nervous now. It's going to be a sleepless night. Hopefully we can do it. Not going to predict but fingers crossed.  We're going to need to win by two clear goals which as pointed out we haven't done since Rotherham. Reckon same team as villa. 

Come on lads one last push 

Is everyone going to new inn before the game 

9 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

'I’m still hoping for the chance to start a Championship season on level points with everyone else'

I think Mowbray is simply saying he wants to start next season in the same division, but not miles behind nearly everyone else on points like he was this season when he joined.

Well when he took the gig he knew the position so I doubt that is what he means especially if his Coventry experience is anything to go by 

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I can't think of any worse scenario than scoring after 5 or 10 mins then parking the bus for the rest of the game only to go down because Forest or Brum score on 85 leaving us no time to do anything about it.

It would almost be like throwing the game because we've spent 80 mins not really trying to score again.

Goals are what are required remember we're one goal behind forest TM has to go for it no ifs or buts...not be tame as at Wolves away 

• Backroom
Just now, Dunnfc said:

Gutted, i was hoping to get him to sign a shirt for me when he was playing for us! Never managed it!

Message him on Twitter, he's the sort of bloke that would go out of his way to help you 

9 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Come on Rovers! all the best to avoid relegation. Get behind the team tonight and then will come the time to demand responsabilities

Well said Michel. We should remember what Rovers mean to all of us, the good times and the memories we have had and use that energy to roar the team on.

After 2 pm tomorrow we can vent our spleens at those responsible irrespective of the outcome.

• Backroom

God I'm nervous I just hope we do our bit.

I couldn't cope with us going down after a meek 0-0 when any win would have been enough 

Archived