BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Brentford v Rovers. 7th May

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

A last minute goal has just rescued the monkey hangers from non-league, and sent Newport down. Fine margins. Tomorrow is going to be stomach-churning.

Newport won didn't they and sent Hartlepool down?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

A last minute goal has just rescued the monkey hangers from non-league, and sent Newport down. Fine margins. Tomorrow is going to be stomach-churning.

Well it looked that way until a last last minute Newport goal sent the monkey hangers down!

I know people want us to really go for it tomorrow but we need to be careful. If we go all out early and concede forest and big club will know that they don't need a win and can start playing careful stuff. 

Ideally we play nice and safe get an early goal and keep the pressure on the other teams to do their part. Then pick up a second in the second half.

Just now, Blow-in said:

I know people want us to really go for it tomorrow but we need to be careful. If we go all out early and concede forest and big club will know that they don't need a win and can start playing careful stuff. 

Ideally we play nice and safe get an early goal and keep the pressure on the other teams to do their part. Then pick up a second in the second half.

I think big club will go for it as they know a win will see them safe. That could bite them in the ass and hopefully it does. 

I think forest will try something similar to us and keep it tight attempting to Nick a goal. 

My nerves will not be good tomorrow. 

Good luck Rovers tomorrow !

But one has to say that all the guys, playing, managing and coaching, have consistantly shown, that your not good enough for this division whoever you might be.

JAL

2 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

I'd line up:

Raya

Lenihan Ward Mulgrew Williams

Lowe Guthrie Bennett

Emnes

Graham Gallagher

Lenihan at right back?

What wrong with playing the team that won last week. 

Stick to 3-4-2-1 formation. Lenihan, Ward and Mulgrew look solid at back. Ward leads the back 3 but for me too slow to play in a centre back 2. 

Yes we have to win but we down want to over attack early on and be 2 nil down after 10/15 mins. 

Lets hope the players and Mowbray can win tomorrow and still up this season

Come on blues tomorrow.  I'm over in jerez and will be at the moto gp when we are playing so my son's will be texting me as things develop!!

The time to go for more goals was last weekend against a Villa side that didn't turn up but we took our foot off the gas after we scored and was happy to sit back and make sure of the three points, I really hope we don't regret that as it could easily come down to goal difference. If both Birmingham and Nottingham Forest win we'll need to win by a minimum of three goals (could be even more if Forest win by more than one) and as already mentioned on here the only time we've won by more than one goal this season was against Rotherham at home. I expect us to play in the same 5-4-1/3-4-3 shape we've been playing with recently and I fully expect the same starting line-up as well. We'll try and grind out a 1-0 and hope that either Forest or Birmingham fail to win. One good thing is we are likely to have plenty of attacking options on the bench to bring on if we need a goal or two, maybe it could come down to a Emnes, a Joao or a Mahoney coming off the bench and making themselves a hero. One things for sure it is certainly going to be tense, just watched the League Two relegation battle and I was getting anxious watching that and it wasn't even involving Rovers! Gut feeling is Forest will win at home to Ipswich and it will be one of us or Birmingham to go down.

Archived