BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Brentford v Rovers. 7th May

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll be underway in a few hours.   Don't feel tense or apprehensive (then why should I, we're not in any threat) but all the same there's this palpable feeling of excitement that we're going to have a hand in the eventual direction of others.

Funny thing this, for 45 games of the season we've done next to nothing and next to little in the way of attention (other than that FA Cup nonsense when beaten by a non-league team back in January) and all of the sudden the club is in something of a spotlight and drawing all kinds of attention.   Seems kind of bizarre to an extent but there's anger evident with it that it's taken until now and - no offence - it's dependant on another club and what they do.

Had a last look at the league before it all gets underway one final time and all you need do is take three points at Brentford later today and the rest should take care of itself.   The London club have nothing to play for and will probably show as much effort as ourselves at Forest, so give it a go and put all hands on deck one last time this season and hope other games go your way.    Our away scores haven't been too bad this season and Forest are a team that are weak and vulnerable, they'll either really get it together and play as a unit, or remain static and undecisive.  

Need to rest now, get some sleep if you're reading and let tomorrow take care of itself, there's not much anyone can do at this point in time.

6 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Come on Rossi & Rovers!

C'mon Rovers. Everything else is insignificant today. We are just about to have brekky in our adopted local bar. 

Come on you super blues,(ffs)

I reckon the bottlers will be 2-0 down by half time. Ipswich are the worst form team in the division so Forest 3-0 win, Bristol bham a draw but won't be capaitslised on by our useless lumps.

Hopes of Venkys leaving will be rumoured throughout the summer but won't happen, as usual there will be no signings and the current lower championship/league one players will be replaced by league one/two players, we'll then limp to few mid table league one finishes, ultimately following Coventry into league two. Repeat once in league two. By which time there'll be a taxis worth of fans left. 

Called in the Griffin pub last night (opens at 1000 this morning if anyone is down) and at one point a local said "Blackburn are 3-1 up".

Obviously he corrected himself to "Blackpool" but raised a laugh from all nearby, especially after a Rovers fan chirped up "and we'll end up losing 4-3".  

But I've taken this (the original comment) as a omen and done a Mercer.  18/1  for a 3-1 Rovers win.

Has anyone already mentioned, that it is exactly 5 years to the day we were relegated to the championship? Is it going to be two relegation's on the same date in the space of 5 years

I would forget about Forest. The likelihood of us getting a better result against Brentford than them getting a result at home to Ipswich BY TWO GOALS is all but zero.

Provided there has been no Huddersfield business at Ashton Gate, I think there is a reasonable chance Brum will struggle to win there.

So we do have everything to play for this afternoon. IF WE GET A WIN...

In passing, I would actually rather lose today than think Duffy got us relegated with those deliberate o.g.s 

In the last few weeks we've seen that this squad may well be capable of getting a win today but more often they have played like they can't be ar sed. Which team will turn up today?

The Great Escape is ON! It's the hope that gets you. RTID

It's a glorious day.  Big question - should the family go walking in the Yorkshire Dales and be oblivious to it all or dare we watch on TV; honestly don't know what to do.

Later today is going to be either a big celebration on narrowly escaping the drop to League 1 (who on earth could have even contemplated that some 7 years ago) or one big wake.

To ensure there is no confusion, rather than 'currently staying up' or 'currently going down' I will be offering a live, real time 'Mercer is staying' or 'Mercer is leaving' approach this afternoon. 

As things stand, Mercer is leaving. 

Just now, J*B said:

To ensure there is no confusion, rather than 'currently staying up' or 'currently going down' I will be offering a live, real time 'Mercer is staying' or 'Mercer is leaving' approach this afternoon. 

As things stand, Mercer is leaving. 

'Mercer' may be leaving but look out for 'Mercerman' making a comeback mid-afternoon.

Just now, Mercer said:

It's a glorious day.  Big question - should the family go walking in the Yorkshire Dales and be oblivious to it all or dare we watch on TV; honestly don't know what to do.

I'll be in the Yorkshire Dales watching the match

I think I'm still in denial because I believe we will do it.

Still, if we do go down, I'm expecting a pretty big firework show in the very near future. The saddest outcome of all is the thought of nothing changing and trudging down to watch our rebranded U23s taking on League One's finest.

Much as I want us to survive today, I'm not that nervous for one simple reason.

Whatever happens today, we face another struggle next season in whichever division we find ourselves in.

Should the worst happen, I expect to be reading tweets claiming that Mowbray will get us straight back up.

Based on his time at Coventry, under similar circumstances, there is more likelihood he will pave the way for our next relegation.

Anyway, that's for the future. 

Would be nice to have something to celebrate today for a change.......

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Later today is going to be either a big celebration on narrowly escaping the drop to League 1 (who on earth could have even contemplated that some 7 years ago) .

or in your case a few weeks ago!:P

Archived