BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Brentford v Rovers. 7th May

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Just re-looked at the table. One more goal and we're out on goal difference? Both of us currently on -12. Or am I going insane?

we just need 2 goal difference. 3-0 us ; 1-0 Forrest as it stands, and we survive. If Forrest go 2-0, we need 4-0. Etc.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just re-looked at the table. One more goal and we're out on goal difference? Both of us currently on -12. Or am I going insane?

Both currently on -12, but Forest ahead on more goals scored. As long as Forest matches our points and Brum wins their game, we need to win by two more goals than Forest do. 

• Backroom

Horrible just horrible, if those other games go 2-0 anytime it's just about game over.

I think we've peaked in this game and now a Bristol goal is our only chance 

But we're both on -12. One more takes us out no?

It's easier to get an A level than work out what's going on nowadays. 

Just now, Mr. E said:

Outrageous doesn't even begin to cover the penalty for Forrest. Their man goes into a high-studded challenge, taking down the Ipswich keeper - would be lucky out of his mind to avoid a red - instead it's actually given as a penalty for Forrest.

Can see where you're coming from but can see why it was given as well. The Forest player got to the ball first then the keeper wiped him out.

Ridiculous and un necessary challenge by the keeper.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Can see where you're coming from but can see why it was given as well. The Forest player got to the ball first then the keeper wiped him out.

Ridiculous and un necessary challenge by the keeper.

Ipswich defence switched off for the throw in.

• Backroom

Can't ask for much more from Rovers at this point, but where was this level of performance in the past few games? I suppose if we were consistently decent we wouldn;t be in this position though. 

To summarise for those not watching Sky:

- Venkys devastated we're in this position 

- Never been a problem with Venkys putting plenty of money in the club

- Venkys will give a healthy budget whichever league we're in next year

Archived