BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Brentford v Rovers. 7th May

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Blow-in said:

Are we really going to be relegated with 51 points...

When Mowbray came in and we did the maths most thought 51 would keep us safe.

Well done to Tony Mowbray in his efforts to keep us up.

Before the draw at Burton gets mentioned, or dropped points at home to Barnsley and Preston, or the limp display at Wolves, let it be clear the reason we have gone down is 16 defeats in 31 matches under the stupid clown some idiot thought was fit and proper to manage our club.

Meanwhile our millionaire superstars should hang their heads in total shame. Disgrace to the badge. No-one is going to convince me they have tried their utmost this season. They can all go for me. The lot of them. I have no affinity with any of them. Wasters.

• Backroom

When was the last time there was a situation like this and all three teams at the bottom won? An indictment of the Championship if there ever was one. A terrible league and it's embarrassing that this is the second professional tier of English football.

Ultimately we can't blame anyone but ourselves. This day has been coming since the season Bowyer was potted, and let's be honest, if it wasn't this season it was going to be next season. We can say we left it too late to sack Coyle, but he was only the symptom of a much larger problem. Until the disease at the heart of the club has been eradicated no manager is going to stop this decline.

I had tears in my eyes when we were dumped out of the PL, I'm still sad but it's the same sadness that has been there for the past six years. This is just a continuous drop that only ends when Venky's leave.

God knows where we go from here. I fear there are even darker days ahead for this club, and it all stems from India. 

Archived