BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Brentford v Rovers. 7th May

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Let's just give up then. 

This is a really low blow.

How about getting behind and supporting the protests? Make sure that the people at the club know that EVERY Rovers fans is prepared to stand up and say that they want Venkys Out?

As it is, we still only have a minority prepared to speak out and a majority who shuffle by. I wonder what Jack would make of these fans that won't fight for his - for their - club, that won't even stand together and say out loud that We Want Venky Out. Even if half of them then still go in the ground and get behind the players (rather quietly) on a match day. It's one thing to believe that we are better off WITH Venkys (although I've yet to hear a cohesive argument why that is), however, it's nothing but cowardly to say that "we all want Venkys to leave" and then do NOTHING about it.

I keep hearing "what's my solution" as though I should have an answer - presumably just so that they can pooh-pooh it. Yet when I say "let's all at least stick together and show our displeasure" the obtuse ones say "everyone should be entitled to their own opinion" and everyone else goes quiet. It's about time some of these fans who have been around a lot longer than I remembered that they owe this club a bit more than they are giving. Shouting down the principle of protesting and pretending that things will improve is the very opposite of what they could, or should be doing.

I also keep hearing that we should not focus on trying to convince certain sets of fans but the stats suggest that they are the majority. If we can't get a majority to stand behind something they say they believe in then we have no hope.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

another dumbing down of the club starts now I would think we are open to offers for any player lots of staff to go and stand closures ,and my gran just had a call to see if she can knit a new kit for next season.Cant see an end to this nightmare any time soon.

Mowbray has done well overall but we've drawn too many games under him. Failure to close out the games against Preston and Norwich in particular come to mind. The real damage was done by Coyle and the dreadful start to the season from which we never recovered. The players looked unfit and under-prepared and and that is down to all Coyle. He was a terrible appointment and should never have been given the job. 

Seeing the shyster that is Harry Redknapp celebrating with Birmingham rubbed the salt in our wounds today. 

I hope Mowbray stays not because I have much faith in him but I don't see the point of changing manager again for another lower league journeyman. It's a long way back from here. I feel more despondent now than when we relegated to the 3rd div in the 1970s. 

16 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

'now is the time to react'?:huh:

....Where have the 'reacting' voices been all season at Ewood?.This club will die a painful death with our current owners in charge regardless of whether the fans turn up or not.I admire your rallying call Blondie but too little too late.

Me 'Sat on the Fence'?...you haven't been following this MB as much as you should!

How many times have you been on Ewood this season?

Venky's to blame

Anderson to blame

Shebby Agnew agents Bowyer Coyle the list goes on and on.

Boycott fans not to blame

NAPM not to blame.

For pity's sake recriminations do nothing

Now is the time to be real fans.

Support the club or it will die.

Just now, Stuart said:

This is a really low blow.

How about getting behind and supporting the protests? Make sure that the people at the club know that EVERY Rovers fans is prepared to stand up and say that they want Venkys Out?

As it is, we still only have a minority prepared to speak out and a majority who shuffle by. I wonder what Jack would make of these fans that won't fight for his - for their - club, that won't even stand together and say out loud that We Want Venky Out. Even if half of them then still go in the ground and get behind the players (rather quietly) on a match day. It's one thing to believe that we are better off WITH Venkys (although I've yet to hear a cohesive argument why that is), however, it's nothing but cowardly to say that "we all want Venkys to leave" and then do NOTHING about it.

I keep hearing "what's my solution" as though I should have an answer - presumably just so that they can pooh-pooh it. Yet when I say "let's all at least stick together and show our displeasure" the obtuse ones say "everyone should be entitled to their own opinion" and everyone else goes quiet. It's about time some of these fans who have been around a lot longer than I remembered that they owe this club a bit more than they are giving. Shouting down the principle of protesting and pretending that things will improve is the very opposite of what they could, or should be doing.

I also keep hearing that we should not focus on trying to convince certain sets of fans but the stats suggest that they are the majority. If we can't get a majority to stand behind something they say they believe in then we have no hope.

Good post Stuart. However you still offer no suggestion as to what to do were everyone to  lobby for Venky's removal and they still won't budge.

Everyone IS entitled to their own opinion by the way.

Not once Blondie but that is my prerogative and mine alone....do you think I enjoy staying away from Ewood in protest?.I can assure you it's bloody awful.

I refuse to financially support what these Pune shysters have done and continue to do to this club.I am at peace with my decision and stand firmly by it.

Direct your ire (like we should all do) against the real culprits who are responsible for our situation.

Btw.....are you down to your last Million yet!;)

Good post Stuart. However you still offer no suggestion as to what to do were everyone to  lobby for Venky's removal and they still won't budge.

If we do nothing, I can gaurentee nothing will happen. 

Just now, blondie said:

"Venky's to blame

Anderson to blame

Shebby Agnew agents Bowyer Coyle the list goes on and on.

Boycott fans not to blame

NAPM not to blame.

For pity's sake recriminations do nothing

Now is the time to be real fans.

Support the club or it will die."

The club that I remember supporting as a boy has died - and it feels like some-one has got away with murder!

I'd love for it to be re-incarnated as a Phoenix club owned by the fans for the fans.  AFC Wimbledon and Hereford United are great examples of where fans have taken control of the situation and started at the bottom with a brand new club.  These clubs have great supporters and fantastic family atmospheres.  Are Rovers fans prepared to do something similar?

This is a 'club', Rev.

"A club is an association of two or more people united by a common interest or goal."

The key word being 'united'. If you have disunity about fundamentals then your club will crumble.

Interesting you have used the word 'lobby'. You will be aware that lobbying is only successful if you have power. This means lots of money or large numbers of people. We don't have enough money (or we'd be buying the club) but the numbers should be possible. We have a reason to unite but not an appetite.

As with any normal football club, a large number of protesting fans puts pressure on the board. Without a board the club cannot function. Maybe this should be the rule that we should be exploiting? Make life as difficult as possible for the board to function so they become in breach of football league rules. The opportunity to do so comes from a significant majority of protestors rather than 'apathists'.

Cannot fault the performance the players put in today, just a shame how the other results went against us. To go down on goal difference is especially annoying as you can rack your brain and think back to all the games this season where we could have had the extra point that would have kept us up. In fact another three goals somewhere over the course of the season would have been enough, I felt like we could easily have had at least another two goals in the game today alone, there was the clear penalty that wasn't given before the one we actually got add that to the glorious chance Graham had. That could have easily made it 1-5 which would have set-up an even more frantic last 10 minutes than what took place. The home performances against Barnsley and Bristol City were both under-par in two crucial games in the run-in. If only Gallagher had took the ball to the corner Preston may never have got that equaliser. If only we hadn't let a 2-1 lead slip against a ten men Norwich, If only Steele hadn't let in so many soft goals in, If only Mulgrew and Graham had been fit all season, If only we hadn't conceded all those late goals under Coyle that cost us so many points. If only we had sacked Coyle a month earlier, If only we hadn't appointed Coyle in the first place, etc.

However all this pales into insignificance for me because we all know the real cause of the problems and that's Venky's. The demise of this football club falls squarely on their shoulders. For me at least this relegation doesn't hurt as much as the other ones, perhaps I've become desensitized to the suffering after the years under their ownership. Like as already been said before, relegation was inevitable when you continue to downgrade the squad by selling your best players and replacing them with frees and loans the way we have. You might get away with it if you appoint a good manager but no we compounded our problems by appointing "outstanding candidate" Coyle and then waited too long to pot him. Not many people come out with much credit for this season but I think Mowbray and his staff working with him did a valiant job of trying to rescue our season but it proved not to be enough.

WE WANT OUR ROVERS BACK! VENKYS OUT!

Only going one way with these @#/? rats - aka Leyton Orient, Coventry, Blackpool. This is just the beginning of our decline. Frightening :( they are going nowhere. Not a hope in hell of going anywhere but down and down and down. 

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Not once Blondie but that is my prerogative and mine alone....do you think I enjoy staying away from Ewood in protest?.I can assure you it's bloody awful.

I refuse to financially support what these Pune shysters have done and continue to do to this club.I am at peace with my decision and stand firmly by it.

Direct your ire (like we should all do) against the real culprits who are responsible for our situation.

Btw.....are you down to your last Million yet!;)

Your perogative entirely which achieves absolutely nothing.Can't believe people who completely disenfranchised a product but seem empowered to take the moral high ground.Nowhere near a million,probably because I stick to my principles,continue to bow to your masters,presumably un Venky-like.

9 hours ago, Beta Ray Bill said:

Called in the Griffin pub last night (opens at 1000 this morning if anyone is down) and at one point a local said "Blackburn are 3-1 up".

Obviously he corrected himself to "Blackpool" but raised a laugh from all nearby, especially after a Rovers fan chirped up "and we'll end up losing 4-3".  

But I've taken this (the original comment) as a omen and done a Mercer.  18/1  for a 3-1 Rovers win.

Well at least my hotel was effectively free.   ☹

Just now, J*B said:

If we do nothing, I can gaurentee nothing will happen. 

i think that the Venkies are so far removed from the club that they wouldn't even know. They are clearly aware that the fans hate them and have put us at the back of their priorities and have hired Cheston and Senior to cut cut cut 

Just now, JonnyP said:

i think that the Venkies are so far removed from the club that they wouldn't even know. They are clearly aware that the fans hate them and have put us at the back of their priorities and have hired Cheston and Senior to cut cut cut 

And again. I can gaurentee that if you don't do anything to try and stop it, the cuts will keep coming. 

Just now, J*B said:

And again. I can gaurentee that if you don't do anything to try and stop it, the cuts will keep coming. 

No I agree that we should protest but I'm not confident we are going to be heard or taken notice of by the owners

Just now, blondie said:

Your perogative entirely which achieves absolutely nothing.Can't believe people who completely disenfranchised a product but seem empowered to take the moral high ground.Nowhere near a million,probably because I stick to my principles,continue to bow to your masters,presumably un Venky-like.

Nothing is achieved either by just turning up for home games (out of pure blind loyalty) and sitting on your hands while sucking a werthers to 'get behind 't lads'.

Now is NOT the time to play the 'superfan' card my friend.

Nobody's taking the moral high ground but we digress...

Just now, Stuart said:

This is a 'club', Rev.

"A club is an association of two or more people united by a common interest or goal."

The key word being 'united'. If you have disunity about fundamentals then your club will crumble.

Interesting you have used the word 'lobby'. You will be aware that lobbying is only successful if you have power. This means lots of money or large numbers of people. We don't have enough money (or we'd be buying the club) but the numbers should be possible. We have a reason to unite but not an appetite.

As with any normal football club, a large number of protesting fans puts pressure on the board. Without a board the club cannot function. Maybe this should be the rule that we should be exploiting? Make life as difficult as possible for the board to function so they become in breach of football league rules. The opportunity to do so comes from a significant majority of protestors rather than 'apathists'.

Bloody he'll Stuart. Answer the question. What if the vast majority of supporters do exactly as you want and protest against or lobby for the removal of Venky's and they still won't budge?

All I'm saying is; whilst they're still here I can't see the harm in trying to persuade them to run the Club on proper lines, (that's assuming they won't go no matter what the level of protest.)

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Nothing is achieved either by just turning up for home games (out of pure blind loyalty) and sitting on your hands while sucking a werthers to 'get behind 't lads'.

Now is NOT the time to play the 'superfan' card my friend.

Nobody's taking the moral high ground but we digress...

I go to Ewood not out of pure loyalty, but because it is the club I SUPPORT, no T&C's applied unlike some.We are now entering a league that requires even more that the attendances are relevant.

Archived