BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Brentford v Rovers. 7th May

Just now, Suhail Slayer said:

NAPM

as the sorry cycle repeats again only the blind cannot see

NAPM

We need to find some common ground between the factions (like it or not people there are factions - even if you find labels unsettling - or merely another reason to procrastinate):

- NAPM - join a pre-match protest then go home / out

- RTID - join a pre-match protest then go and get behind the lads FFS

- HPY CLPRS - join a pre-match protest then clap happily

- Pro-Venkys supporters - become the obvious minority and don't even have to be singled out (or become the obvious majority :unsure:)

If only there was something that we could all easily do as a bigger, united group to show the depth of feeling even if it doesn't directly or immediately affect the ownership...

Nope, better keep procrastinating by seeking/challenging for single silver bullet solutions that don't exist.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Bloody he'll Stuart. Answer the question. What if the vast majority of supporters do exactly as you want and protest against or lobby for the removal of Venky's and they still won't budge?

All I'm saying is; whilst they're still here I can't see the harm in trying to persuade them to run the Club on proper lines, (that's assuming they won't go no matter what the level of protest.)

I think I've answered your point several times. We don't know if it will work but we first need to unite before we can do anything. A split fanbase is easy for the club to dismiss - and for them to blame each other rather than focus on the real enemy.

Now, how about you tell me what you are doing, or even "what can be done to persuade them to run the club on proper lines" because as far as I'm concerned people have been trying to do that for 7 years. Suggestions?

Bloody hell indeed. :rolleyes:

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

We require a miracle Blondie and a team that can compete.

We need owners who will back this club and manage it with due care and diligence,just as the Raos originally promised to do so.

How does dwindling attendances on a principle of NAPM entice anybody to relieve the Venky's of their tenure of the club.We have entered an all new scenario that requires that a reliance on a new owner of immeasureable wealth to ride over the horizon is impossible. Time to support or watch the club die.If anything will encourage the venky's to sell is a owner enticed with the potential of the club.

Just now, blondie said:

How does dwindling attendances on a principle of NAPM entice anybody to relieve the Venky's of their tenure of the club.

Any decent company during proper due diligence will do their home work and realise that a boycott of the Venky ownership is taking place rather than a boycott of the Club.

Just now, preston blue said:

Chorley won 0-2 at Kidderminster today and are in the play off final.

We could possibly only be separated by two divisions next season!!

We are literally separated by one division from AFC Fylde next year that is for sure!

Any decent company during proper due diligence will do their home work and realise that a boycott of the Venky ownership is taking place rather than a boycott of the Club.

Tell an accountant that.

32 minutes ago, J*B said:

If we do nothing, I can gaurentee nothing will happen. 

I also gaurantee I'll never be able to spell guarantee correctly. 

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Reading the m/b 24/7 doesn't replace lost revenue for the Club!

I repeat my comment from yesterday Rev.

The club brought in 35 million from player sales and spent none of it on players. Bringing in an extra £1mill from season ticket sales would not have made a blind bit of difference. 

Just now, Steve1 said:

I thought the toilet cleaners were already sacked ???

Fewer toilets to clean next season so that can easily be explained away.  I fully expect, despite Mike Chestnut saying otherwise, that the Riverside will be closed next season.  Our biggest game will be Wigan at home ffs.

Are Oldham still in that league ? They'd bring a few so the Bburn old bill can go all big time for 1 game at least. Dinner time KO, all the DE, extra fuzz all over, top ticket prices etc #irony

Fewer toilets to clean next season so that can easily be explained away.  I fully expect, despite Mike Chestnut saying otherwise, that the Riverside will be closed next season.  Our biggest game will be Wigan at home ffs.

From this point onwards Mike Chestnut sticks. 

Just now, tomphil said:

Are Oldham still in that league ? They'd bring a few so the Bburn old bill can go all big time for 1 game at least. Dinner time KO, all the DE, extra fuzz all over, top ticket prices etc #irony

Next season it will be Blackburn Yoof against a few well known hoolies such as :

Oldham Rougheds

Bury Boot Boys

Rochdale Rock Ards

Fleetwood Slashers

and the Wigan Pie Crushers

Just now, DanielMB said:

Very quiet on the official Twitter since the game ended.

Yep. Nothing from the owners or so called local management, 3 so called directors, one of whom the other so called directors don't actually know his name!  

In any walk of life, if you don't have a management structure then it is doomed to failure, be it a company, a charity or home economics, etc.

Just now, 4000Holes said:

Yep. Nothing from the owners or so called local management, 3 so called directors, one of whom the other so called directors don't actually know his name!  

In any walk of life, if you don't have a management structure then it is doomed to failure, be it a company, a charity or home economics, etc.

Oh I don't doubt there will be some commitment crap from the owners over the course of the next few days. You can count on it.

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Oh I don't doubt there will be some commitment crap from the owners over the course of the next few days. You can count on it.

No doubt snakeoil will be waxing his brows this evening  to deliver the tripe on behalf of the slumdogs tomorrow

Next season it will be Blackburn Yoof against a few well known hoolies such as :

Oldham Rougheds

Bury Boot Boys

Rochdale Rock Ards

Fleetwood Slashers

and the Wigan Pie Crushers

Yoof will be on their toes every week poor lads :)

Just now, Steve1 said:

Biggest game away Fleetwood?? 

I have a couple of friends who are long term Fleetwood fans.  A great ground to go to, great atmosphere, impressive academy, local owner who is investing in the club.

Sounds like the sort of club we yearn for.

Just got back. Upset yep, right back to where I started but what a journey. One of the better things is our support, with us we will eventually get back. We can't do a thing about who owns us unfortunately, we got dealt a bad hand. It's been tough reading between the two forums & Twitter (especially the gloating) but that's football. We'll have our day in the sun again because that's what Rovers do, we have our time. Can't see an imminent return but when we do it'll be sweet. Stick together, travel in numbers. By Gum We'll Make It A Day.

Archived