BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Brentford v Rovers. 7th May

Just now, Blue blood said:

like the hand ball he gave when it hit Lenihan in the face, the blatant penalty he didn't give, an obvious corner for goal kick and only a second yellow for an obvious red? He was a poor ref and clear homer.

Not true. Gave rovers the freekick for the goal. Gave rovers a penalty and sent off one of their players..clearly you were watching a different game

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feeling very low tonight, and that's despite fully expecting relegation. Every now and then I dip into 'The Club That Jack Built' by Charles Lambert. Jack Walker's pursuit of excellence and love for the club and town was so inspiring. To think how it's all been ripped apart by his useless offspring, crass poultry magnates, agents and other assorted parasites - all under the watchful eye of the FA - is truly repulsive.

Remember the Martin Tyler quote from 1995: 'Blackburn Rovers - once a club with a glorious past, now a club with a glittering future.'

Flash forward 22 years and look where Venkys, Jerome Anderson and the others have dragged us.

These people have to be brought to book.

Just now, roverandout said:

Not true. Gave rovers the freekick for the goal. Gave rovers a penalty and sent off one of their players..clearly you were watching a different game

you're saying it wasn't a penalty? Clearly was and should've been harsher punishment for the guy who fouled him. Very surprised if you thought the ref had a good game or was pro rovers. Clearly watching a different game!

Just now, McClarky said:

FFS there's no point moaning about the referee, didn't matter if we won 20-1 we were down anyway.  

If we win 20-1 we would have survived haha yeah I agree totally irrelevant the ref could have gave them a pen for a shirt pull. 

Just now, roverandout said:

That doesnt answer the points that were raised. He had a terrible game. Not that it made any difference in the end.

I feel numb. Deep down I had a feeling we might just do it. But in the end, this is what we deserved.

The only consolation is that this failure can't be ignored and it's brought Venkys ownership again into the spotlight.

Another season in the Championship would have only brought more of the same. At least this might, might lead to some form of change.

We're now a write off. Theoretically we were one good season away from the prem, but now we are, at best, several years away. There is nothing left to sell. There is nothing more to gain. Give it to people who care and just go. The damage done will never be fully repaired but now I don't really care. I'll have the vhs and DVD season reviews to show the grandkids in the decades to come. Just let there be a club left to take them to.

Devastating in a football sense that we have gone down, seeing all those pictures of kids in tears was heart breaking. Unfortunately this will continue until the lunatics from Pune leave. 

There is no hope of anything positive happening with them in charge.

I haven't been to any Rovers games this season but have been going around the north west watching lower league matches and league 1 is a completely different kettle of fish to the championship. It is tough, uncompromising football and you have to battle out of that league. Throwing in a loaf of kids won't work. 

My thoughts tonight are with those support staff at ewood who have worked there for years and now face uncertainty about their futures. 

7 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

A new Club would be the worst idea imaginable. Talk about an act of treachery at our lowest point.

Ironic coming from you. Don't forget to tell the cleaners absent Rovers fans are to blame for their sacking.

God knows why they're still here but thy are. The road to redemption is as straightforward as it's always been. We need to have a decent manager at the helm and give him enough funding to make him competitive.

I could throw my support behind that campaign a lot easier than simply marching around with a placard screaming Venky's out with no idea whatsoever if we survive thereafter.

As if there will ever been those conditions under Venkys. A delusion.

No. But its the way to start to improve and hypothetically if we started to do better and eventually got Back to the situation they found us in I couldn't give a flying one they would still be the owners frankly.

Ok It's not going to happen barring a miracle. But again if they won't leave what is the alternative.

Form a new club.

5 hours ago, preston blue said:

Chorley won 0-2 at Kidderminster today and are in the play off final.

We could possibly only be separated by two divisions next season!!

We've always had a lot of support from the Chorley area. I can see that disappearing.

It occurred to me that by talking about failure in Hindi words that it might hit home more succinctly to our owners. I am sure there are more expert linguists on the board than myself that can help but there appear to be plenty to choose from. 

Kean and Kamee go well
Ewood and Bhool look eerily similar
Andersen and asidhhi are apposite and alliterative. 
Div 3 and Divaala look worthy bedfellows. 

I am a great believer in respecting cultures. I am also a great believer in choosing the right words to hit home a simple message. Feel free to correct me. 

It appears from the list that our relationship with the Venkys both from their perspective and ours is one big Ghatati. 

कमी [kamee] {f}
(also: error)
भूल [bhool] {m}
(also: abatement, allowance, decay, decline)
घटती [ghatati] {f}

असिद्धि [asidhhi] {f}
(also: bankruptcy, insolvency, liquidation)
दिवाला [divaala] {m}

• Backroom

On a similar note, perhaps it'd help if we could convince them they've done well. Something like:

The gratitude of a town for placing us into ownership who can take the club onwards; something our previous, local custodians completely failed to do.

Better yet if we could get the local Indian community involved in our movement against Venky's. 

Hi everyone!

Most of us saw this coming years ago.

The blame lies with The Venky's and all the gormless H8ppy Cl--pers that have aided and continue to aid our sleepwalk into oblivion. Pathetic all round.

10 hours ago, Glenn said:

Oh wow! Fantastic to see you back, just wish it was under better circumstances. 

Thanks Glenn. There are a few posters i recognise (yourself, Philipl, Gav, is SteB still around?)

I left the UK 8 years ago and now live in Gold Coast (Australia).

30 minutes ago, Husky said:

Hi everyone!

Most of us saw this coming years ago.

The blame lies with The Venky's and all the gormless H8ppy Cl--pers that have aided and continue to aid our sleepwalk into oblivion. Pathetic all round.

And what's coming next. Mission 'Down the Drain' on target. Senior to be named CEO. His partner COO. Wes Brown the office sweeper and through L1 like diarehha in 2 seasons max.

Sorry to see the club go down today and apologise on behalf of my own clubs players for showing a clear lack of effort and determination once we were behind in our respective game.  The pity is you did what you had to do and had a very good win but it was ultimately in vain, if Bristol City had scored against Birmingham over in the West Country it would have been enough to avert relegation.     Probably said it before in that it's going to be odd seeing Blackburn out of the two top divisions, but another illustrious and big name North West team in Bolton suffered the same fate this time last year and made it back at the first attempt, I'd expect you to replicate that when the time arises.

No need to discuss unwanted owners (Venky Group) as we are in the exact same situation with Marcus Evans - someone who turns a blind eye to all that goes on regards team affairs and the future prosperity of the club.    These "individuals" have single-handedly set the clubs back several years and the only way forward in order to properly establish ourselves once again is to rid these people from the club and find new ownership.

As you will be witness to, easier said than done.

As someone once said "hope is a good thing, perhaps the best of things"

Just now, not exactly Scarface said:

Sorry to see the club go down today and apologise on behalf of my own clubs players for showing a clear lack of effort and determination once we were behind in our respective game.  The pity is you did what you had to do and had a very good win but it was ultimately in vain, if Bristol City had scored against Birmingham over in the West Country it would have been enough to avert relegation.     Probably said it before in that it's going to be odd seeing Blackburn out of the two top divisions, but another illustrious and big name North West team in Bolton suffered the same fate this time last year and made it back at the first attempt, I'd expect you to replicate that when the time arises.

No need to discuss unwanted owners (Venky Group) as we are in the exact same situation with Marcus Evans - someone who turns a blind eye to all that goes on regards team affairs and the future prosperity of the club.    These "individuals" have single-handedly set the clubs back several years and the only way forward in order to properly establish ourselves once again is to rid these people from the club and find new ownership.

As you will be witness to, easier said than done.

As someone once said "hope is a good thing, perhaps the best of things"

It's always nice to hear from honest non pisstaking fans of good Clubs like Ipswich.

I'm old enough to remember your great Robson years.

Sometime in the early 80s I had the pleasure of meeting a lot of the team on tour in Dubai I think it was. Stayed at the same hotel. Good approachable lot and had a few beers together.

Good luck next season in the Championship.

We may be gone some time :(

I wonder when the Rao's wake up to their breakfast of fried chicken and warm milk (with a little sugar added for Balaji) if they even realise their investment in Blackburn Rovers has bombed yet again.

I guess given all their business interests elsewhere we are a mere spot on their nose.  

BTW I heard from an ITK that they are looking to invest in a lingerie and adult toy business to be called 'Rampant Chickens and Balaji's Bras'.

7 hours ago, Kamy100 said:

I haven't been to any Rovers games this season but have been going around the north west watching lower league matches

Don't say that too loudly on social media Kamy. I got slated yesterday by some knob head on Facebook as I dared to have a go at the FA for turning a blind eye to events at Ewood. He accused me of turning a blind eye as well as I no longer go to Ewood. 

Archived