BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Player Of The Year

AJW

Granted it may be a bit early yet , and in the next few weeks there just maybe be a hero in our squad who is yet to shine , but if I were asked who would be mine right now it would be Darragh Lenighan.

i think he's come on leaps and bounds this year and he's turned from a valuable utility player in a squad to one of the first names on the team sheet now he's settled right into the c/b role , I know when he first broke into the squad there was some discussion as to his "real" position , but he has performed so well at C/b I wouldn't even consider him a midfielder now I can even see some Captain material in him 

thoughts ?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think for the way darragh has adapted, matured and improved he should certainly be in contention. As for being the most important, most consistent performer look no further than Charlie mulgrew. He has missed alot of games. I'd be happy with either. Sam Gallagher deserves a special mention but after that I don't think anyone else can be considered

Between Lenihan and Mulgrew for this. No-one else been outstanding. Lenihan has matured alot into a good centre back but still plenty to learn tho. He has Captain qualities but I think Mulgrew should be captain with Lenihan vice captain

Nyambe for young player of the year? Thoughts guys?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Between Lenihan and Mulgrew for this. No-one else been outstanding. Lenihan has matured alot into a good centre back but still plenty to learn tho. He has Captain qualities but I think Mulgrew should be captain with Lenihan vice captain

Nyambe for young player of the year? Thoughts guys?

Could lenihan not get young player of the year and mulgrew player of the year. I wouldn't give nyambe young player of the year. Gallagher  if lenihan gets player of the year

In terms of consistency Craig Conway, he's been steady away all year and must be up there in terms of appearances, he's also chipped in with some important goals. Mulgrew has looked a cut above quality wise but has missed vast swathes of the year. Darragh has improved a great deal but has made several rash decisions that have cost us dearly. Graham and Gallagher have both got an impressive goal tally, especially considering the area of the league we've occupied all year, although their all round contribution can be called in to question on both counts.

2 hours ago, Lancaster Rover said:

In terms of consistency Craig Conway, he's been steady away all year and must be up there in terms of appearances, he's also chipped in with some important goals. Mulgrew has looked a cut above quality wise but has missed vast swathes of the year. Darragh has improved a great deal but has made several rash decisions that have cost us dearly. Graham and Gallagher have both got an impressive goal tally, especially considering the area of the league we've occupied all year, although their all round contribution can be called in to question on both counts.

I think Conway has been incredibly poor for the vast majority of this season, looks past it.

3 hours ago, J*B said:

Jason Lowe. Player of the season always leaves during the summer. 

Joking aside, I genuinely wouldn't be surprised to see him get it. Not that I think he's earned it, but he is always seemingly highly regarded down Ewood way.

My personal choice would be Lenihan. He shows much more leadership skills than Lowe, and has become an automatic starter. Developing into a good CB.

I think Conway has been a consistent 5-6 out of 10 for me, fairly solid if unspectacular, whereas other players have had real peaks and troughs. We've seen some glimmers of real quality from some but equally some real howlers. I don't think Conway should get it and agree that his best days (whenever they were) are behind him but I can see him getting votes. After all this MB whilst very popular doesn't always represent the view of your average fan. Saying that if the fans on Facebook are anything to go by Owen Coyle might get it for that goal he scored in a 5 a-side game against some journos.

Mulgrew.

First of all he played a blinder to get himself a three year contract. Then he's looked the only class player on the ball we have had all season (bar glimpses from Emnes). Finally he silenced the Geordies Twice.

Just now, Glosrover said:

Gallagher isn't our player - disqualifies him in my mind.

Why he played all season with as much effort and passion if not more than some contracted players. It is player of the season not contracted player of the season

5 hours ago, J*B said:

Jason Lowe. Player of the season always leaves during the summer. 

Good to see you've reverted back to the banal sarcastic average you previously set.

Not much of a contest this year. One player has looked a class above all season, Mulgrew being that one.

After that it's tricky, Lenihan and Nyambe deserve mention for making the step up, Emnes has often been the one bright spark but often goes missing. Other attackers such as Gally, Graham Conway, Feeney etc all had mixed seasons.

17 minutes ago, Suhail Slayer said:

Totally agree (in reality)

In the Venky dimension, Lowe will win.

Didn't realise we'd had poor player of season choices since they arrived? 

Archived