BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Last Game: Reading Away

Anyone going to this ? I've never been to the Madjeski Stadium, nor the old Elm Park - so have decided to make the trip.

It's another toughie, Reading are in good form and pushing for the play-offs, and a draw is probably the best we can hope for.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

I am dreading this game. We haven't got a good record there, we have just lost and are ripe for losing again.

See the link in the post above yours. Since 2006, if that link is correct, we appear to have won 2, drawn 2 and lost only once down there.

Not sure when they moved in to their new stadium though? 

........................Steele

...............Hoban Mulgrew Lenihan

Nyambe Bennett Guthrie Lowe Williams

......................Joao Emnes

Wasn't Mowbray talking about them working on a new formation during the international break? If so surely is was 3 at the back?

Only 34.5 hours to kick off and we are so absorbed in our fight for survival that there isn't a thread.. until now.

My only visit to see Rovers at Reading resulted in a 4-0 thrashing. When I lived in the Thames Valley, Rovers were always in a higher division than the Royals.

Second of two fixtures in rapid succession which fall into the "cannot see us getting anything but we are off the scale desperate".

I was more optimistic about nicking something at Brighton than I am about this one. Just hope it is not 0-4 because it might come down to goal difference. 

• Biddy pinned this topic
1 hour ago, philipl said:

Only 34.5 hours to kick off and we are so absorbed in our fight for survival that there isn't a thread.. until now.

My only visit to see Rovers at Reading resulted in a 4-0 thrashing. When I lived in the Thames Valley, Rovers were always in a higher division than the Royals.

Second of two fixtures in rapid succession which fall into the "cannot see us getting anything but we are off the scale desperate".

I was more optimistic about nicking something at Brighton than I am about this one. Just hope it is not 0-4 because it might come down to goal difference. 

I was there that day Phillipl , one to forget !

2 hours ago, philipl said:

I started a Reading thread yesterday

Reading FC were formed in 1871 making them one of the oldest Clubs in England.

Rovers have only ever played The Royals 18  times. An FA Cup game in 1913 and League games from 1979.

Rovers have won 7, drawn 8, lost 3 but 2 of the losses are recent.

A very difficult game and a draw would be a good result for us.

I am not feeling good about this game and fear a 3-1 defeat and more damage to our GD.

34 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Reading FC were formed in 1871 making them one of the oldest Clubs in England.

Rovers have only ever played The Royals 18  times. An FA Cup game in 1913 and League games from 1979.

Rovers have won 7, drawn 8, lost 3 but 2 of the losses are recent.

A very difficult game and a draw would be a good result for us.

I am not feeling good about this game and fear a 3-1 defeat and more damage to our GD.

Is a draw a good result? I probably would take it but before Brighton I thought that we'd need at least 2 points from the two games.

Just now, RV Blue said:

Is a draw a good result? I probably would take it but before Brighton I thought that we'd need at least 2 points from the two games.

It will be ok if we can go on and win all remaining home games and draw aways. A big big ask. Like you I wanted at least a draw at Brighton.

I am grasping at beating Bristol City at home and matching them in all other results whilst hoping Wigan dont find form.

A point or even all 3 tomorrow night will be fantastic, but it is the 3  following games that will decide our fate. Tomorrow night, Bristol City and Forest are in action and as long as they don't win, we will still be in the mix. Saturday is a must win in my opinion and then we will have the biggest game of the season V Bristol City, on Easter Monday. Bristol City have Wolves at home on Saturday so I can see them getting something from that. It will be tougher to overhaul Forest, as we play them away. Tomorrow they have Wolves away and follow that with Huddersfield at home on Saturday. It is a huge few days for us and I hope we are still in with a fair shout by 5.00pm on Saturday.

I think we could get a result from this game reading are secure they arn't going to achieve automatic promotion and they are going to be in the top 6 so I can see them taking it easy for a few games and then try gather form before the playoffs. They arn't looking at every game as a must win lik we are. The fact that we hav something to fight for might cause discomfort. They have plenty of teams to play that have nothing to play for to pick up easy wins against.

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I am grasping at beating Bristol City at home and matching them in all other results whilst hoping Wigan dont find form.

That's it in a nutshell. That's "all" we have to do. Lol.

Must admit before the weekend I thought we might get something at Brighton and lose tomorrow. Hope I'm wrong on the second count as well. Really feel we need to chuck in an unexpected shock result at some point like Burton did at the weekend.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

That's it in a nutshell. That's "all" we have to do. Lol.

Must admit before the weekend I thought we might get something at Brighton and lose tomorrow. Hope I'm wrong on the second count as well. Really feel we need to chuck in an unexpected shock result at some point like Burton did at the weekend.

Yes I've been thinking too that we need TM to get an 'unexpected' win and he's maybe doe one.

Tuesday evening v Reading please.

'All' we can do is hope.

Archived