BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Rovers v Barnsley

Just now, Dunnfc said:

So before nailing colours to a mast (Might be mortgaged tho) 

You are prepared to write of those trying to make a difference and create awareness?

Hour of your time on Tuesday 11th, 7pm, i'll buy you a pint. 

On your doorstep given your local too.

Give the WMC a whirl. Might open eyes, who knows you could help your club and support it chaddy.

Chaddy would never protest. Or say anything that might contrast with the views of the official site or Radio Rovers.

He's in the large group of fans that say they want Venky's out, but doing anything to help is too far and isn't something they're prepared to do. 

I'll never understand it, but I've never really understood anything Chaddy posts on here.

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, davulsukur said:

Not knocking you but in reality with what comes through your fingertips in a match day thread for a football fan of 50+ years you probably deserve some knocking.

Many on here need to lighten up.

Just now, Mercer said:

I'll take your comments with a pinch of salt.

I get p I s s e d off with all the doom and gloom merchants who keep saying we will get beat before a ball has even been kicked or we are down when there are a dozen matches to go (I know we are down to the last 5 games now).

Negativity breeds negativity.

I work with people with a 'can do attitude'.  It's surprising what can be achieved with the right mindset.

We are fans on an internet messageboard. People saying we are going to lose is not going to affect what happens on the pitch.

It seems that said negative fans are right as well!

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Have to agree on Lowe. Can't share your optimism about the next two games though. Can't see where the next point is coming from and  as likeable as he is, Mowbrays honeymoon period has turned into a nightmare.

As a minor plus I also had the winner of the National today because I liked the name after ten years of picking 3 or 4 horses per race on form and drawing a complete blank.

Enjoy your winnings.  Try it a bit more often - can't believe how it works for my wife!

There are matchday fans, those who just turn up to the games and couldnt give a toss what happens off the pitch and there are fans who put the effort into ensuring the club exists in the near future ie protesters etc. I would put chaddy in the former

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Tony Mowbray offered no excuses as Rovers slipped to a disappointing home defeat to Barnsley.

Read more at https://t.co/dNisgNGQWq https://t.co/x46lD1q8oU

Hoban was very poor 2/10 and Brown wasnt even 1/10

Can I ask why you have absolved Mowbray of any blame, yet if a Coyle team would have won 2 in 10 and continued to ship goals, then you would have rightly given him stick for it?

Today was absolutely abject, no urgency, no effort, no ability.

No excuses it was an appalling performance from a team that look to have finally given up.  They don't seem to have recovered from the late goal against Preston and three successive defeats have come at the wrong time.  I can't see anyway now that we will avoid the drop as wins against Forest and Bristol will only bring us back in the pack.  We probably need to win at least four to give ourselves any chance and it simply isn't going to happen.  Sadly, I'm resigned to watching us suffer our third relegation the Third Division during my time following the club.  Still, we've been down there before and if the worst comes to the worst we will have to simply roll up our sleeves and get on with.  The financial situation is dire but there is no magic wand that is going to change that.  All the complaining the world isn't going to change things.  Until the owners want to sell and until someone is prepared to buy the club everything else is just rhetoric.  Today was as poor as it gets and merely underlines the job Mowbray will have trying to turn this around next season.

Just now, roverandout said:

There are matchday fans, those who just turn up to the games and couldnt give a toss what happens off the pitch and there are fans who put the effort into ensuring the club exists in the near future ie protesters etc. I would put chaddy in the former

That's one view  An alternative view is that fans like chaddy who are continuing to attend are trying to ensure the Club survives for the foreseeable future. 

Then there are those who profess to hate Venky's and love Rovers but bizarrely expect Venky's to pay the bills until such time as they are prepared to return.

I would put chaddy in the first category as well. 

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Three people deliberately moaned down Gav.....the perpetrator accelerated from a standstill and was aiming for these poor people.

Watch the news folks....as if this day could not get any worse.

Clarify a bit SG?

Fat lady well and truly warmed up and about to start singing.

Atmosphere? Fits and starts but my overall impression was of resignation.

The game? We never looked like scoring. Did a lot of huffing and puffing but no quality crosses or real know how in scoring goals. Mahoney flatters to deceive –but a young lad I guess.

Overall, Barnsley had no stars but looked a stronger, fitter, sharper, younger and more organised unit than us. That was good enough for our lightweight misfits. Their desire was shown when late on, Joao on the edge of the box had a great chance to shoot but was rapidly closed down by 3 Barnsley players getting in the block. In contrast, some of our lads desire was questionable. I fear League 1 where we may well be bullied more and refs are more lenient –not a combination that the present team can deal with. Mulgrew (know how/calmness) and Lenihan (battle) were badly missed. Empiracally, our record under Mowbray may not be better than Coyle but I certainly have felt that the team has been playing far better with far more coherence. The recent draws, when we have played well, but lacked game management (Gallagher in the corner –jeeze) have cost us dearly. In any case, just on principle, I would prefer Mowbray to Coyle –even if it were just on the criteria of not having to listen to a duplicitous Scottish windbag.

Today brought back memories of Forest in 1999, the 'rubber dinghy men' debacle. A must win game and an absolutely abject performance is offered.

Clubs like Barnsley are everything we are not, yet, what will their wage bill be in comparison to ours? What will a strike force of Graham, Gallagher, Emnes, Joao and Stokes be earning in comparison to Barnsley's or Brentford's or Burton's?

Yet, for all this seeming largesse, on the pitch we are a combination of loanees (will they be busting a gut?), young lads that just don't have the nous for such games, those on short term contracts who will also be out of the door and a few journeyman.

Off it? Six years of constant hollowing out the club leaves us where we are today. An absolute shell; transient players, transient managers, transient administrators and an empty, soulless Ewood Park.

The club is rotten.

Very serious incident den....looked deliberate to me.Three or four people taken to hospital.

Car smashed into to another vehicle outside Fox n hounds....will make the news this.

Bad,bad day folks.

Someone on twitter saying it was over exuberant fan trying to beat the traffic but got it wrong.

Let's hope everyone's ok and nothing sinister has taken place. 

Very serious incident den....looked deliberate to me.Three or four people taken to hospital.

Car smashed into to another vehicle outside Fox n hounds....will make the news this.

Bad,bad day folks.

Not deliberate from what I heard SG. A motorbike supposedly slowed down to let some people cross etc., woman behind didn't realise, accelerated round colliding with the other poor woman and 2 others.

Then allegedly it looked like she panicked and was going to drive off but was stopped by other people in the road.

I was looking forward to next weekend a bit, I most definitely am not now. I have a weird feeling now where I have pretty much resigned myself to the fact we are going to go down and it doesn't actually feel that bad. Actually seeing the players walk around after the game where it is confirmed in the famous rovers jersey though, will be very, very difficult to take. It really has been death by a thousand cuts. 

Car smashed I to another vehicle outside Fox n hounds....Will make the news this.

Bad,bad day folks.

Just now, Gav said:

Someone on twitter saying it was over exuberant fan trying to beat the traffic but got it wrong.

Let's hope everyone's ok and nothing sinister has taken place. 

Not deliberate from what I heard SG. A motorbike supposedly slowed down to let some people cross etc., woman behind didn't realise, accelerated round colliding with the other poor woman and 2 others.

Then allegedly it looked like she panicked and was going to drive off but was stopped by other people in the road.

Really sad news. Let's hope no one is seriously injured.

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I get p I s s e d off with all the doom and gloom merchants who keep saying we will get beat before a ball has even been kicked or we are down when there are a dozen matches to go (I know we are down to the last 5 games now).

I work with people with a 'can do attitude'.  It's surprising what can be achieved with the right mindset.

So it's the fans fault that you keep making this stupid, baseless, fantasy football predictions? 

Most of the pithy sound bites in your post would have been written in semi-transparent text overlaying an oak tree on a poster on the wall of Steve Kean's office.

Today Brown was shocking...even worse than last time he played for the first team.

I think Barnsley's game plan worked perfectly as they targeted Brown and his shortcomings (lack of pace/match fitness) and exploited them in the first few minutes and ended up with their goals. The pressing of Brown meant he was repeatedly drawn away from Hoban leaving gaps in the defence meaning Guthrie and Lowe having to start dropping back leaving massive gaps centrally meaning every time we cleared an attack they could recycle possession. Terrible pass from Hoban for the buildup for their second too.

After that we looked shellshocked and never really recovered and looked pretty clueless in most areas. Again throughout the game Brown was always the weakest link as he purposefully didn't get tight to their players and often didn't put challenges in so he wouldn't be exposed for pace and stayed deep inviting pressure...at times looked as though he was doing less than going through the motions. If he was playing in a training game you'd say he was markedly below par.

Big, big games against Forest and Bristol. Not really sure where the goals will come from to save us...we were disjointed and all over the place today. Mulgrew and Lennihan both being out could well be the final nail in the coffin unfortunately.

29 minutes ago, Mercer said:

And what does all the positivity achieve? Duck all. 

You're living in a dream world. Positive thinking is great but it has limits. It can't turn base metals into gold and our can't alter the harsh reality that rovers are utter gash. 

The white flag was well and truly waved at Ewood this afternoon as the collection of loans and frees just looked like they weren't really bothered. And I can't get angry because, like many others I felt relegation has been on the cards since last summer. We were offered a little hope during the early part of Mowbrays tenure but today most of the players reverted to type and proved why they aren't anywhere near good enough. The only positive for me today is that the majority of lily livered excuses for footballers won't be here next season.

Believe me Rev that couldn't be further from the truth from a person who witnessed it as it happened.

I would like to leave this for another thread if opened please.

Watch the local news.

Archived