BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Throwback Thursday

That was my thinking. No matter what else gets taken away from us, they can't take our memories of the good times.

One thing I realised selecting a few pics for this thread is just how few pictures I personally have from our trips away, so please please everyone, post some of your own! 

13 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

I was at the FA Cup semi final and also the supporters match arranged prior to our European game in Ankara.

I think Ankara was probably where we first met (I'd imagine as mutual acquaintances of Bjarte).

I don't think anyone has got the last one yet. No takers ?

And does anyone have any pics to put up here next Thursday ?

11 minutes ago, Glenn said:

I think Ankara was probably where we first met (I'd imagine as mutual acquaintances of Bjarte).

It was Glenn. I actually travelled there with Bjarte who I had known for a couple of years. He appears to be off the radar now as far as Rovers are concerned. He's still a Facebook friend but I haven't spoken to him, either verbally or on social media, for several years.

Just now, Claytons Left Boot said:

It was Glenn. I actually travelled there with Bjarte who I had known for a couple of years. He appears to be off the radar now as far as Rovers are concerned. He's still a Facebook friend but I haven't spoken to him, either verbally or on social media, for several years.

I bumped into him again, very briefly, in business circles. He was backing a project I was doing some integration work for.

Missed the semi- final - think I'd only just had one of my menaces. Remember (some of) Bray fondly. Somehow we happened to be staying in the same hotel as the Rovers squad. Me n the hubby were just hanging round the hotel lobby when, to our surprise, in they walked. I have no idea what had happened on their journey but the look on Souness' face wasn't just alarming, it was quite frankly petrifying and instantly put paid to our thoughts of going up and wishing the team well. The next day me and my Dad may have 'accidentally' happened to be in that white beer tent at the back of Bray ;) . Had an absolutely brilliant time amongst the Rovers fans who travelled over and the locals. I don't think I've ever been quite so monumentally hungover after those few days in Ireland. Thanks for the happy memories, Glenn x

'So few photos'. In some ways, a shame, in some ways, ruddy good job, too! But in the very old days, lots of us non-teccy types had 'bricks' for phones with no scope for taking photos on or had no mobile phones at all! Didn't get my first one til I left uni in 96!

Archived