BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] YOUR TEAM NEEDS YOU!

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Great idea from Rovers 

No reason why they wont be over 16k Rovers fans on now. Nobody can complain about the cost at all. Everybody should be there who want to there. 

Because the product on offer is crap

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good idea from the club and they should be praised when they make additional efforts like these. Hopefully it will see a substantial increase in the home attendance though I'm not holding my breath. If we're still in a decent position after this weekend and Villa becomes must win then we really need to see a big home crowd. 

I expect Villa will bring at least 5,000 up so we need really to be looking much higher than 16,000 as a crowd. If Villa bring 5,000 then we'd be at 15,000 straight away before any additional home fans. It would be great to get to 20,000 for a huge game like this and show the club that the people are still there and can be lured back if the pricing is right.

If there's barely any increase or only another thousand or so on the gate then the club will turn around and argue it isn't worth the effort in future.

Just now, gumboots said:

Its not about the pricing though is it?

Not for everyone no. I understand some people won't go whatever the price and that's fair enough, but there are also people who regularly complain when the club is charging £20+ for Championship football.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Great idea from Rovers 

No reason why they wont be over 16k Rovers fans on now. Nobody can complain about the cost at all. Everybody should be there who want to there. 

'Everybody should be there who want to there'

Yes correct but sadly that will still probably only be 10-12k home fans depending on what happens between now and then. I take it it's the same price for Vile fans ?   If so fair play as they are waving goodbye to a few quid there and putting the home fans first for once. Someone must've overruled Mr 'we rely on the owners financial support' - 'We can't keep relying on the owners financial support'.... well done to that person.

3 hours ago, preston blue said:

Too little too late from Rovers.  If we lose at Wolves we will be lucky to have 5,000 home fans on v Villa.  Rovers management team jokers up to it again.

How many of these turn up anymore?

IMG_0085.JPG

Those are a serious pair of red trousers haha 

7 years of bewildering decisions, 7 years of ignoring the fans and worse, 7 years of destroying the club with more to come but they expect people to turn up at the last home game to try to save the club from the consequences of what THEY have done!

A con-job from Pune.

If they told us it would be their last home game as owners of Rovers, then the fans would turn out.

But it'll be business as what what passes for normal in Venkyland as soon as the ref blows for full-time, cuts and all, so stuff it.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Great idea from Rovers 

Great Idea??  A great idea would be not sacking BS, a great idea woukd be not to sell off the clubs assets, a great idea woukd be not to appoint coyle and the rest of the losers..........You are easily pleased Mr. Chaddy

6 hours ago, 47er said:

7 years of bewildering decisions, 7 years of ignoring the fans and worse, 7 years of destroying the club with more to come but they expect people to turn up at the last home game to try to save the club from the consequences of what THEY have done!

A con-job from Pune.

If they told us it would be their last home game as owners of Rovers, then the fans would turn out.

But it'll be business as what what passes for normal in Venkyland as soon as the ref blows for full-time, cuts and all, so stuff it.

Bad owners rely on exactly this. Do whatever they like, sell the best players, sign poor managers, ignore fans. Then the classic guilt trip once the damage is done. "C'mon, it's YOUR club"; "Support YOUR team"; "Get behind the boys and cheers US to victory". Makes you sick.

• Backroom
7 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Great Idea??  A great idea would be not sacking BS, a great idea woukd be not to sell off the clubs assets, a great idea woukd be not to appoint coyle and the rest of the losers..........You are easily pleased Mr. Chaddy

In isolation a rallying call and cheap tickets for one of the biggest games in our history is a good idea.

People working at Ewood in the departments in charge of things like this can't influence what the owners do or don't do, for me not everyone is the enemy and not everything is about Venkys.

I applaud the good guys at Ewood for at least trying. A lot of those guys will feel our pain in a way the owners never could.

Dont get me wrong I detest the bastatds in Pune (and wherever else) for what's happened to our club but the next 3 games aren't about them. If it's confirmed against villa I hope the anger comes out full force but until that point @#/? them

Just now, Tom said:

In isolation a rallying call and cheap tickets for one of the biggest games in our history is a good idea.

People working at Ewood in the departments in charge of things like this can't influence what the owners do or don't do, for me not everyone is the enemy and not everything is about Venkys.

I applaud the good guys at Ewood for at least trying. A lot of those guys will feel our pain in a way the owners never could.

Dont get me wrong I detest the bastatds in Pune (and wherever else) for what's happened to our club but the next 3 games aren't about them. If it's confirmed against villa I hope the anger comes out full force but until that point @#/? them

Amen 

A bit late in the day but someone at Ewood has realised that the home game at Ewood could quite easily become a caulron of hate if results go against us.

Recent reports of unrest even in the upper reaches of the JW support this reasoning.

This panic initiative has come from the top and that at Ewood is our 3 month wonder boy. I am sure the brain behind this is Paul Senior and not the good people doing their jobs in the offices at Ewood. Stupid is the one thing he is not.

Mike Chestom will be seriously upset with this waste of money.

The panic solution is to belatedly offer cheap tickets and rebates.

Senior or whomever really believe Rovers fans can be bought off so cheaply? 

Hopefully from say a 'Senior' perspective this will get extra and fainter hearted fans to attend. Those who will go to Ewood just because its cheap. Those who by their nature are not likely to rebel if things go wrong and whose presence will dilute any uproar that may occur.

Hopefully those who would be at Ewood anyway are placated by a ticket rebate or other special offer.

Senior may have read that scenario quite wrong.

Do not for a moment forget that the Villa game was always planned at Cat A pricing and how close they must be to messing in their pants to now slash prices.

If we lose against Wolves then expect stewarding and security measures at the Villa game to be at an all time high and all hell if we lose.

Just remember this, if this little incident hadn't taken place, they could have offered all fans, including Villa, free entry and still been up on the deal. When you realise that £1.8 million has been borrowed by the club against next years season ticket sales, at sickening high rates, this farcical event (amongst many more) highlights what lunatics we had and still have at the club. Of course we can't look back, we must only look forward. Read it and weep.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2013/04/30/tell-me-why-english-football’s-governing-bodies-keep-buck-passing-the-blackburn-farce-300401/

9 hours ago, 47er said:

A con-job from Pune.

'You have a game at weekend ?'      'I admired your work for 7 years' even though I don't know who the hell you are.

Good old Barry bling on the phone !   £10 a ticket, Aston Villa ?  Relegation ?   They neither know nor care a jot and sadly now neither do thousands of fans.

4 hours ago, Steve1 said:

Screenshot_20170421-150522.jpg

I love how the club are putting the owness on the fans, like we caused all this or we are a part of this problem and 'they' need our help to get out of it.
The deeper the problem the more helpless they feel against the problems, and the more entitlement they adopt to compensate for those problems. This entitlement plays out in one of two ways:

1.   They awesome and the rest of you all suck, so I deserve special treatment.

2.   They suck and the rest of you are all awesome, so I deserve special treatment.

Opposite mindset on the outside, but the same selfish creamy core in the middle. In fact, you will often see entitled people flip back and forth between the two. Either they’re on top of the world or the world is on top of them.

There is a simple realization from which all personal improvement and growth emerges. This is the realization that we, individually, are responsible for everything in our lives, no matter the external circumstances. This is what the club by blaming US or putting US into the same barrell as the club is doing.

We don’t always control what happens to us. But we always control how we interpret what happens to us, as well as how we respond.

Whether we consciously recognize it or not, we are always responsible for our experiences. It’s impossible not to be. Choosing to not consciously interpret events in our lives is still an interpretation of the events of our lives. Choosing to not respond to the events in our lives is still a response to the events in our lives. Even if you get run over by a clown car and @#/? on by a busload of schoolchildren, it’s still your responsibility to interpret the meaning of the event and choose a response.

Whether we like it or not, we are always taking an active role in what’s occurring to and within us. We are always interpreting the meaning of every moment and every occurrence. We are always choosing the values by which we live and the metrics by which we measure everything that happens to us. Often the same event can be good or bad, depending on the metric we choose to use.

The point is, we are always choosing, whether we recognize it or not. Always.

The responsibility/fault fallacy allows people to pass off the responsibility for solving their problems to others. This ability to alleviate responsibility through blame gives people a temporary high and a feeling of moral righteousness.

Unfortunately, one side effect of the Internet and social media is that it’s become easier than ever to push responsibility—for even the tiniest of infractions—onto some other group or person. In fact, this kind of public blame/shame game has become popular; in certain crowds it’s even seen as “cool.” The public sharing of “injustices” garners far more attention and emotional outpouring than most otherevents on social media, rewarding people who are able to perpetually feel victimized with ever-growing amounts of attention and sympathy.

• Backroom

I really do hope there is a show of anger once it's confirmed, can see us getting a point and some polite applause as they trudge to league one. 

Just now, Tom said:

I really do hope there is a show of anger once it's confirmed, can see us getting a point and some polite applause as they trudge to league one. 

Anyone capable of that has been chased out for being negative. 

Just now, Tom said:

Like someone posted earlier , owners dont care , players dont care only a few fans care .....Too many like you say Tom , a polite clap hardlines , better luck next season it goez in cycles !

Archived